Response to a inaccuraciesa pointed o...

Response to a inaccuraciesa pointed out last week

There are 5 comments on the Capital City Weekly story from Sep 21, 2011, titled Response to a inaccuraciesa pointed out last week. In it, Capital City Weekly reports that:

Just as we are preparing to leave Skagway for the season and end my volunteer assignment to send in short stories to CCW, I was taken by surprise by Becky Cahoon's hostile reaction expressed in a letter to the editor .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Capital City Weekly.

boohoo barry

Sacramento, CA

#1 Sep 27, 2011
you're a jerk and ALL of skagway knows it. We're sick of you.
bjarlington

Arlington, TX

#2 Oct 21, 2011
Apparently, this Barry person does not live there, but only comes for the season. Right? Well, even I, as a total outsider, would know better than to throw mud in the local faces! Sounds as if Mr. Barry might be a very young, inexperienced person. Am I right?

I was in Skagway as a very grateful tourist this summer, but I knew where my place was as a tourist, and I respected the rights of the locals. I grew up in a very small farming community in Texas; the rules are the same.
you are correct

Anaheim, CA

#3 Oct 22, 2011
bjarlington wrote:
Apparently, this Barry person does not live there, but only comes for the season. Right? Well, even I, as a total outsider, would know better than to throw mud in the local faces! Sounds as if Mr. Barry might be a very young, inexperienced person. Am I right?
I was in Skagway as a very grateful tourist this summer, but I knew where my place was as a tourist, and I respected the rights of the locals. I grew up in a very small farming community in Texas; the rules are the same.
Barry IS a summer loiterer. But no, he is not young. He's an old, arrogant, hypocritical Brit who thinks he knows everything about everything and gets butt hurt if anyone tries to correct him. Thanks for seeing it how it is.
ps bjarlington

Anaheim, CA

#4 Oct 22, 2011
Sounds like you enjoyed your visit to Skagway. I hope you did.
guess who Barry

Clearlake, CA

#5 Nov 30, 2011
ps bjarlington wrote:
Sounds like you enjoyed your visit to Skagway. I hope you did.
I live and work in Skagway. Smedley acts like he owns the town and annoys everyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Skagway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the music thread (Mar '12) Jan '17 Musikologist 30
Carpet cleaning company (May '16) May '16 SamGamgee 1
News $35 airfare and a cheap Alaska cruise: the week... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Ann Marie 1
Road Trip To SKAGWAY (Jul '14) Jul '14 Lorry 1
Review: Diamonds International (Apr '14) Apr '14 andy 1
Sarah Palin will never win an election no matte... (Mar '14) Mar '14 CheesyPoofs 1
Sarah Palin is a Big panocha that need filling. (Mar '14) Mar '14 CheesyPoofs 1

Skagway Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Skagway Mortgages