'The Proposal' stars Sandra Bullock, ...

'The Proposal' stars Sandra Bullock, Ryan Reynolds

There are 8 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jun 18, 2009, titled 'The Proposal' stars Sandra Bullock, Ryan Reynolds. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

"I stopped doing them six or seven years ago," Sandra Bullock said recently, regarding romantic comedies.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Jun 20, 2009
A buck a laugh? I'm with you. But the writers are too lazy for that.

Ontario, CA

#2 Jun 22, 2009
I thought the movie was GREAT :)
Concerned American

Marietta, GA

#3 Jul 3, 2009
This was a very good movie.
Liberal Largesse

Chicago, IL

#4 Jul 12, 2009
This movie spent about ten minutes portraying Margaret as the boss from hell, probably to make believable her underling's falling in love with her in only three days despite having been humiliated, demeaned, and treated as less than nothing by her for the past three years.
There is so much about this movie I didn't like:
Andrew's parents encouraging the engaged couple to sleep in the same room/bed in THEIR home because, of course, they'd already slept together;
Andrew's mom, grandma, and entourage making Margaret endure a pathetic bachelorette outing which centered on a middle-aged hair-body stripper whose body parts kept getting in Margaret's face;
the same stripper's officiating at the marriage ceremony;
Margaret's making a liar out of Andrew to his own family and friends by telling the truth about their pseudo engagement at the altar;
Andrew's proclaiming his love for Margaret in the presence of all of their office colleagues;
the dumb anti-climactic ending that had Andrew, Margaret, and others answering questions posed by the U. S. Immigration Service to ensure that the two lovebirds knew enough about each other that their plans to marry each other were credible;
Margaret's being a cougar, going after the at least ten years younger Andrew;
Grandma Annie's offering the "baby-maker blanket" to help keep the young couple warm.(At Margaret's age, it would take in vitro fertilization or a surrogate.)

Rochester, MN

#6 Jul 24, 2009
The movie premise is entirely bogus.. She is Canadian, they donít need any visa to enter the US. To be able to work here they need to get TN status while entering, but this is granted/denied at the port of entry. The status renewal is a trivial and almost automatic process and even if she was to lose the TN status that just means she canít work but no deportation involved.
More bogus claiming the problem is triggered by her travel to a third country (which in no way interferes with TN status) and continuing to say her solution is to get a fiance visa (again, Canadians donít need and canít get any US visa)

Henderson, TX

#7 Jul 31, 2009
erkala wrote:
I thought the movie was GREAT :)
I totally agree

Makati, Philippines

#8 Aug 9, 2009
love it! very funny!
sandra b. your the BEST! lav yah "))

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Feb 24, 2010
Its a movie for christ sake it is fictional why make a fuss about its contents!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sitka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Top 10 States for Reported UFO Sightings (Apr '15) Oct '15 positronium 12
the music thread (Mar '12) Sep '15 Musikologist 22
News Official: 3 men missing in Alaska landslide pre... Aug '15 Elise Likes Vanilla 1
Review: Cathedral Arms (Mar '15) Mar '15 fjimmy 1
News Halibut bodies to meet amid growing bycatch con... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Kim 1
News Seismologists answer the call to rural Alaska (Jun '14) Jun '14 Kotzebue 1
Deadbeat mom-Rhonda Fox Peterson (Jun '12) Mar '14 there father 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sitka Mortgages