Kudos to the residents of Sistersville!

Since: Nov 13

Munford, TN

#22 Dec 21, 2013
Scalded Ape wrote:
<quoted text> you are truly clueless. God bless you and Merry Christmas.
Funny how everyone is clueless but the three of you. No one agrees with you, and they all pretty much say the same thing. But you keep thinking you are something big, bullies usually do, but turn and run like the coward I know you are!
SMH

Bealeton, VA

#23 Dec 21, 2013
Kinda says it all Scalded Ape when you still refer to yourselves as "outsiders", maybe that's the source of ALL of the problems. You don't want to work for the good of the city and it's people, only for your personal agendas.
Vindication

United States

#24 Dec 21, 2013
Good riddance to bad garbage.

Since: Dec 13

Marietta, OH

#25 Dec 22, 2013
Scalded Ape wrote:
<quoted text> United in stupidity, arrogance and narrowmindedness. And when your investigations find nothing but people working for the good of the city, whose only crime was being outsiders, will you be apologizing separately or united as a group. The truth will out, the guilty will be punished, but it will not be the outcome you anticipated.
Scalded Ape: Your ignorance is showing. You might want to tuck that back in.

For the record, it doesn't matter if the person/people are "native sons" or, as you've termed it, "outsiders." If you're a jackass, you're going to be called on it-- regardless of how long you've lived here. That's just the way we are.

There are many good, productive members of this community who moved here 10, 15, 30 years ago, who assimilated themselves into this town and this community, who made their lives here because of children, school, work or whatever. Notice that they're just as beloved as the people who were born and raised here. What do you suppose the difference is?

We'll all wait while you figure it out.

In the meantime, consider this: just last week a friend of mine who is not from this area and is only here working said to me that the worst treatment he has received (including a community member stealing from him, another posting horrible lies about him on FB, and being treated rather shabbily in the city building when he asked about his water bill) were all at the hands of people who have moved here within the past 10 years. Not "native sons," not people born and raised here, but rather by those same "outsiders" you seem to characterize as being victims now.

Me thinks you doth protest too much.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#26 Dec 23, 2013
Scalded Ape wrote:
<quoted text> United in stupidity, arrogance and narrowmindedness. And when your investigations find nothing but people working for the good of the city, whose only crime was being outsiders, will you be apologizing separately or united as a group. The truth will out, the guilty will be punished, but it will not be the outcome you anticipated.
LOL!!!
Keep telling yourself that, but, deep down, even in your sick paranoid brain, while you're staying up all night stalking people on facebook, you know you are done.
Finished.
Nobody will be apologizing to you. Ever.
They are too busy celebrating your well deserved demise. Your psychotic, mean spirited behavior will no longer be tolerated around these parts.
You will be shunned and rightly so.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#27 Jan 7, 2014
Wow! I read these posts and the first thing that popped into my mind was how NASTY, that's right NASTY, the two ladies were who worked in the city building for the last 40 years! I can safely say that they caused more problems for my family and some friends than anything I have encountered over the last year or so!
They NEVER offered a payment plan which is clearly required by the utilities commission (and has been for years), they pick and chose who they wanted to charge a deposit to when it was required of EVERY person not just a chosen few (I always paid my deposits on my homes for my tenants but the two ladies took it upon themselves to charge them again) or better yet, how about my son who moved into a rental home with an infant. He had an agreement with the landlord over the water bill only to find the nasty women in the city building forced the city worker to turn off the water (my son heard him on his cell phone explaining that there was a baby in the house) and then they refused to comply when the gentleman from the utilities commission told them they couldn't turn it off with a child under one year of age in the home! They did it anyway, not caring about the fact that the home owner had already paid the deposit on the water!
Once again, I will repeat what I placed in another post, this city government has been in trouble for longer than the last five years, try the last 40 years! As for those of you who talk about finally standing up, what took you so long? I have tried for years to get this city to wake up and what happens when you finally do? You blame the wrong people for the problems when you should be blaming yourselves for allowing it to get to this point!
True grit

Marietta, OH

#28 Jan 7, 2014
TylerResident wrote:
Wow! I read these posts and the first thing that popped into my mind was how NASTY, that's right NASTY, the two ladies were who worked in the city building for the last 40 years! I can safely say that they caused more problems for my family and some friends than anything I have encountered over the last year or so!
They NEVER offered a payment plan which is clearly required by the utilities commission (and has been for years), they pick and chose who they wanted to charge a deposit to when it was required of EVERY person not just a chosen few (I always paid my deposits on my homes for my tenants but the two ladies took it upon themselves to charge them again) or better yet, how about my son who moved into a rental home with an infant. He had an agreement with the landlord over the water bill only to find the nasty women in the city building forced the city worker to turn off the water (my son heard him on his cell phone explaining that there was a baby in the house) and then they refused to comply when the gentleman from the utilities commission told them they couldn't turn it off with a child under one year of age in the home! They did it anyway, not caring about the fact that the home owner had already paid the deposit on the water!
Once again, I will repeat what I placed in another post, this city government has been in trouble for longer than the last five years, try the last 40 years! As for those of you who talk about finally standing up, what took you so long? I have tried for years to get this city to wake up and what happens when you finally do? You blame the wrong people for the problems when you should be blaming yourselves for allowing it to get to this point!
I already told you why they waited so long, they had to wait for fox to leave. Sometimes I just sit and laugh at these people. Like last year when they called channel 9 to cover the meeting, like there was going to be some kind of uproar. Then sat there like wallflowers. What a joke!
True grit

Marietta, OH

#29 Jan 7, 2014
Also, the cemetery still looks like crap! Good job new guys. You're really gettin' it done!

Munford, TN

#30 Jan 8, 2014
True grit wrote:
Also, the cemetery still looks like crap! Good job new guys. You're really gettin' it done!
I do love it when you get your knickers in a knot and you keep repeating the same lame thing. so childish of you.
True grit

Marietta, OH

#31 Jan 9, 2014
JeffNich wrote:
<quoted text> I do love it when you get your knickers in a knot and you keep repeating the same lame thing. so childish of you.
I'll check it again next weekend just to see your progress. I know all you new people will take care of it because you really care.

Munford, TN

#32 Jan 9, 2014
True grit wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll check it again next weekend just to see your progress. I know all you new people will take care of it because you really care.
Aren't you just precious. EYE would bless your heart, but there is only allowed so many per stupid comments and you have gone over the limit
Mack Talker

United States

#33 Jan 14, 2014
JeffNich, you simply have no clue. You rely in information you read on the internet and what your buddies tell you. People attended city council meetings and supported Mark Klages for council and he got one of the open spots. Wonder why Mark wanted in that open spot so bad? Was it to make a difference in Sistersville or was it to help support his buddies Bill Rice and Diana Mace? I didn't witness it personally but I was told they had lunch together at the DQ recently. Sounds a bit odd to me. Let's take a poll from the Citizens of Sistersville who came into City Hall on a regular basis and see how happy they really were with the Diana and her crew! I know people that simply refused to even come into the city building because of those people. Everyone talks about standing up to the bullies in City Hall. Give me a break! Tell me who the bullies are. Give me names. Let's hear why you think these people are bullies. Jeff have you EVER lived in Sistersville? Friendly isn't Sistersville by the way. I've got some ocean front property in Arizona that I'll make you a helluva deal on Jeff! SMH
Mack Talker

United States

#34 Jan 14, 2014
True grit wrote:
What cemetery are you referring to?
Concerned Citizen

Marietta, OH

#35 Jan 14, 2014
Mack Talker: Or should I say Bill Talker first let me say that it is great that the people in the third ward stood up and declared who they wanted to represent them. It is good finally to hear that the council meetings are productive instead of one sided. Lets see there have been about five of the former mayors puppets resign as of Monday night.I guess they could not think without him reaching out and pushing there little heads down so they would start to bobble yes. Mark Klages will be good for the town and the council and in closing go talk to Bill face to face as I guarantee he would you he has been the only one with any back bone all along.
True grit

Marietta, OH

#36 Jan 15, 2014
Cemetery still not touched by your new leaders. Really getting things done! 2 weeks now

Portsmouth, VA

#37 Jan 15, 2014
Mack Talker wrote:
JeffNich, you simply have no clue. You rely in information you read on the internet and what your buddies tell you. People attended city council meetings and supported Mark Klages for council and he got one of the open spots. Wonder why Mark wanted in that open spot so bad? Was it to make a difference in Sistersville or was it to help support his buddies Bill Rice and Diana Mace? I didn't witness it personally but I was told they had lunch together at the DQ recently. Sounds a bit odd to me. Let's take a poll from the Citizens of Sistersville who came into City Hall on a regular basis and see how happy they really were with the Diana and her crew! I know people that simply refused to even come into the city building because of those people. Everyone talks about standing up to the bullies in City Hall. Give me a break! Tell me who the bullies are. Give me names. Let's hear why you think these people are bullies. Jeff have you EVER lived in Sistersville? Friendly isn't Sistersville by the way. I've got some ocean front property in Arizona that I'll make you a helluva deal on Jeff! SMH

Mack Talker, you tell us who you are and then we can discuss names. And as for your question as to whether I ever lived in Sistersville or not, the Answer is yes. But i would not expect a person like you to know that.

Portsmouth, VA

#38 Jan 15, 2014
True grit wrote:
Cemetery still not touched by your new leaders. Really getting things done! 2 weeks now

You either are not too bright, or you just don't pay attention. Maybe folks are waiting until spring when the weather breaks, but since you want everything immediately, you might want to get your lazy butt out and help too. If you had paid attention, you would have seen folks are making plans to get together and do the work. EYE would expect you will be there to help too, right?
Tennessee TuffGuy

Ardsley, NY

#39 Jan 15, 2014
Yeppers, Bill Rice will talk nice to your face, and as you turn to walk away he'll stick a Jim Bowie knife in your back and get his flying monkeys to do his dirty work. He had his time, he doesn't deserve to be mayor again
Mack Talker

Powhatan Point, OH

#40 Jan 15, 2014
There is one cemetery in city limits and it's a private cemetery. So why would the city do anything to a cemetery? Also Mr. Nichols you say "a person like me." What kind of person would that be? It seems to me that no one has tried to stir more crap than you on these websites. You appear to me to be nothing but a loud mouth arrogant trouble maker. Funny how it's only a handful of people that run their mouth about Sistersville yet they claim to want what's best for the city. Give me a break. Kindly remove your head from its current location so you can get some oxygen to that tiny brain of yours.

Virginia Beach, VA

#41 Jan 15, 2014
Mack Talker wrote:
There is one cemetery in city limits and it's a private cemetery. So why would the city do anything to a cemetery? Also Mr. Nichols you say "a person like me." What kind of person would that be? It seems to me that no one has tried to stir more crap than you on these websites. You appear to me to be nothing but a loud mouth arrogant trouble maker. Funny how it's only a handful of people that run their mouth about Sistersville yet they claim to want what's best for the city. Give me a break. Kindly remove your head from its current location so you can get some oxygen to that tiny brain of yours.
Mack Talker, I am a loud mouth, you are correct, but I can back up my mouth. And as for stirring crap, i think you need to look in the mirror JR, because you came in running your little pie hole about things you know nothing about, namely me! Now I say people like you, I mean ignorant people. People who think they are above others, people who think they can walk into the river and it parts. People who, would not say the things you do to my face. With that being said, if you have the nuts, put your real name out there, if not, then go on about your coward ways!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sistersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Thu Alex Kissinger 3,992
attention cry babies of pine grove !!!! Feb 21 YwontRoycollectMy... 10
Wetzel County Bigfoot Feb 20 Pineywood 1
Watch your kids Feb 8 just lurking 52 4
Nice site about New Martinsville Jan '17 Stevensen 1
Trouble Jan '17 The way it is 1
Robert Fletcher Jan '17 Sir Soilder ex 3

Sistersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance