Kudos to the residents of Sistersville!

Kudos to the residents of Sistersville!

Posted in the Sistersville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Nov 13

Munford, TN

#1 Dec 20, 2013
I just want to say that I am proud of those who have stood up to the bullies in the Sistersville city building. People like that have no place in city business.
True grit

Marietta, OH

#2 Dec 20, 2013
I hope you people are proud of yourselves. You ran two people out of their jobs.Now they have no income! The exact same thing you acused Fox of doing to the former clerks! And I see all this stuff you post about winning a battle? It's funny how all you cowards couldn't do anything while Fox was in office, just tucked tail and ran. Now that the mother dog moved out of town, you vultures jumped on the pups like tough guys.

Since: Nov 13

Munford, TN

#3 Dec 20, 2013
True grit wrote:
I hope you people are proud of yourselves. You ran two people out of their jobs.Now they have no income! The exact same thing you acused Fox of doing to the former clerks! And I see all this stuff you post about winning a battle? It's funny how all you cowards couldn't do anything while Fox was in office, just tucked tail and ran. Now that the mother dog moved out of town, you vultures jumped on the pups like tough guys.
Funny how you say "you ran two people out of their jobs" when the fact is, they quit, and why did they quit? because they did not do their job! they tried to intimidate people and you call the residents that stood up to them cowards? A coward is not only someone that runs away, it is also someone who tries to intimidate people they think are weak. Cowards will always run away when faced with truth and facts. So, maybe you losing your job will make you think the next time you try to push your way on other people!
1 post removed
Margaret T Brown

Bridgeport, WV

#5 Dec 20, 2013
I sincerely hope ALL the citizens that have decided that they have had enough and took a stand, are proud of themselves. Standing up to bullies is never easy. Oh boo hoo, two people have lost their jobs. WRONG! They did not get fired. THEY decided to resign. Iím sorry, but I do not feel one bit sorry for them. They tried to make others lose their jobs. By calling peoples bosses countless times. By taking pictures and trying to make people lose their income. If they would have been successful, these people would have lost their incomes, they would not have had a choice!
But it backfired; these people stood up and did not take their crap. They did the right thing, they used their voice. They went to city council meetings and asked questions. Now other people are asking questions about how things are handled at city hall, and why their water bill is so high. This is the way government is supposed to work. If you hold a position in any government you are to be held accountable for your actions.
Because of the actions of a few brave citizens, people are starting to wake up and take a stand. I am sure there are a lot of people who are going to sleep a lot easier at night. I know I do!
Vindication

United States

#6 Dec 20, 2013
Best Christmas present anyone could ask for!!
True grit

Marietta, OH

#7 Dec 20, 2013
You're just reinforcing my points, dancing around and not answering my questions.
Didn't the first two clerks quit also? Same situation, it was wrong then, but right now?
And Scarlet, again, why did everyone have to wait till Fox was out to pounce? What a Joke! He said jump, and you jumped!

Since: Dec 13

Marietta, OH

#8 Dec 20, 2013
And I see all this stuff you post about winning a battle?

That's the only question I've seen you post in this thread. Unless, of course, you've (ahem) once again posted under one of your aliases and forgotten who you were supposed to be. Gets confusing when you have so many doesn't it? But then, if you didn't create all those extra personas then you'd have no one to back you up. Again.

And isn't it cute how you think "everyone waited until Fox was out." Bless your little heart.

Once again you're letting your ego and inflated intellect overrun the truth. But I'm reminded of the old adage (you're probably familiar with this one considering your age) that you can't fight a battle of the wits with an unarmed opponent.

Since: Nov 13

Munford, TN

#9 Dec 20, 2013
True grit wrote:
You're just reinforcing my points, dancing around and not answering my questions.
Didn't the first two clerks quit also? Same situation, it was wrong then, but right now?
And Scarlet, again, why did everyone have to wait till Fox was out to pounce? What a Joke! He said jump, and you jumped!
You really have been sucked in, haven't you Elaine? And as for Dave Fox, he is the biggest coward out there. The difference between those who quit before and those who quit now, is that the two who just quit from pressure of not doing their job that the residents wanted them to do, intimidation and no transparency. The ones who quit before, quit because of the Mayor and those above them. You need to get your facts straight because you will be proven wrong every time!

Since: Nov 13

Munford, TN

#10 Dec 20, 2013
True grit wrote:
You're just reinforcing my points, dancing around and not answering my questions.
Didn't the first two clerks quit also? Same situation, it was wrong then, but right now?
And Scarlet, again, why did everyone have to wait till Fox was out to pounce? What a Joke! He said jump, and you jumped!
And Elaine, if you don't believe me, look at the survey results that only you, and the two who quit agree, the rest believe that they should do what the residents need and want! I dare you to talk to people and ask them truly what they think, I don't think they would be afraid to tell you!

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#11 Dec 20, 2013
Since you seem to know it all true grit, why don't you answer your own questions?
SMH

Bealeton, VA

#12 Dec 20, 2013
No one jumped for Fox. In due time, he would have too been dancing around the truth, contradicting himself, and would have designed his own downfall just as the two employees you're referring to have done. THEY RESIGNED!!! If you're so concerned, have you asked them why they resigned? I think the fire was closing in on them and they decided to get out of the kitchen. It's alright for them to blast people on this site as well as FB, it's alright for them to turn someone in to their employer for a comment he put on FB because in the recorder's opinion, it was confidential information. HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO - she should have immediately been dismissed for discussing confidential information in a place that anyone could walk in and overhear her discussion. If they were doing the jobs they were hired to do and truly trying to straighten up the mess with water bills, they wouldn't have time to worry what others were doing or have time to be calling employers. How childish can one be? How dare you compare the former clerks to the current recorder. I have known both of these ladies for at least thirty years and I've never known them to stoop to the level of slimeball that the current recorder has stooped to.

Since: Dec 13

Marietta, OH

#13 Dec 20, 2013
I'd like some clarification as well. Where does anyone post anything about "winning a battle."

I think you're making things up again.

Since: Nov 13

Munford, TN

#14 Dec 20, 2013
No sense changing your name Elaine just so you can come in and not be known. You might as well just put on your big girl pants and come on in, if you have the guts to show who you really are.
SMH

Bealeton, VA

#15 Dec 20, 2013
Vindication wrote:
Best Christmas present anyone could ask for!!
"Yes, Sistersville, West Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus!!!!

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#16 Dec 20, 2013
EYE am sure she will be back soon.
realist

Youngstown, OH

#17 Dec 20, 2013
Spiral Sibling wrote:
EYE am sure she will be back soon.
maybe next time as Santa
wondering

Parkersburg, WV

#18 Dec 21, 2013
Why worry about them having no income? They didn't seem to worry about the previous employees who really needed the money and who had to fight to get unemployment. While Dave was here, they had someone to cheer them on and help them ignore the feelings of the town's people. When he left reality set in. There is also the looming investigations. Oh, others make fun and call everyone ignorant and rumor mongers. However, the truth is coming out, slowly but surely.

Their resignations are not the Christmas present we want. Dave and his friends gave us something much greater! Their actions have united the community and brought about a renewal of civic service and pride that comes with it. We should not stop now. Now the hard work starts. We now have to clean up the mess they created. Now friendliness can return to city hall and honesty in city government.

We can now determine what has happened to city funds and if any is missing, punish the guilty. If, money is being spent needlessly or carelessly we can now put a stop to it and bring transparency to the people who count- the taxpayers!

It looks like there will be a happier New Year in 2014!
Scalded Ape

Marietta, OH

#19 Dec 21, 2013
wondering wrote:
Why worry about them having no income? They didn't seem to worry about the previous employees who really needed the money and who had to fight to get unemployment. While Dave was here, they had someone to cheer them on and help them ignore the feelings of the town's people. When he left reality set in. There is also the looming investigations. Oh, others make fun and call everyone ignorant and rumor mongers. However, the truth is coming out, slowly but surely.
Their resignations are not the Christmas present we want. Dave and his friends gave us something much greater! Their actions have united the community and brought about a renewal of civic service and pride that comes with it. We should not stop now. Now the hard work starts. We now have to clean up the mess they created. Now friendliness can return to city hall and honesty in city government.
We can now determine what has happened to city funds and if any is missing, punish the guilty. If, money is being spent needlessly or carelessly we can now put a stop to it and bring transparency to the people who count- the taxpayers!
It looks like there will be a happier New Year in 2014!
United in stupidity, arrogance and narrowmindedness. And when your investigations find nothing but people working for the good of the city, whose only crime was being outsiders, will you be apologizing separately or united as a group. The truth will out, the guilty will be punished, but it will not be the outcome you anticipated.

Since: Nov 13

Munford, TN

#20 Dec 21, 2013
Scalded Ape wrote:
<quoted text> United in stupidity, arrogance and narrowmindedness. And when your investigations find nothing but people working for the good of the city, whose only crime was being outsiders, will you be apologizing separately or united as a group. The truth will out, the guilty will be punished, but it will not be the outcome you anticipated.


If only the outsiders would have tried to help people instead of try to intimidate the, maybe your words would ring true, but I really think you ought to step back before you make a bigger butt out of yourself. You see it is only you whining about being an outsider, when the real problem is that because of the way you have treated people, they have stood up to you. And they will continue to stand up to you. Yeah, it makes me laugh even harder at you every time you post. You don't know when to shut you mouth and move on with your life.
Scalded Ape

Ardsley, NY

#21 Dec 21, 2013
JeffNich wrote:
<quoted text>
If only the outsiders would have tried to help people instead of try to intimidate the, maybe your words would ring true, but I really think you ought to step back before you make a bigger butt out of yourself. You see it is only you whining about being an outsider, when the real problem is that because of the way you have treated people, they have stood up to you. And they will continue to stand up to you. Yeah, it makes me laugh even harder at you every time you post. You don't know when to shut you mouth and move on with your life.
you are truly clueless. God bless you and Merry Christmas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sistersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Infidelity: Accepted social trend? (Jan '11) 20 hr Sickoldslut 3
News Oil and Gas Pageant Offers Much Talent Thu messy marv 2
The Town of Paden City Jul 19 Clind Eastwoot 2
any ladies dtf for roses? Jul 18 HottieOnMain 2
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Jul 12 snakes 4,163
Cell Phone Coverage (Aug '14) Jul 6 Joey 4
Ex owner of the Meadville store (Mar '11) Jun 28 Anonymous 5

Sistersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sistersville Mortgages