First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Anonymous

Marietta, OH

#1 Oct 12, 2013
I have read about all the fuss you folks have had relative to the position of Mayor. For all the information in the papers and in the news, y'all made the right choice in selecting Ann Doig. She does not have any connections that prevent her from making Objective decisions verse the other "also ran". She has the qualities of a Statesman verses a Politician. She is not a "Seat Warmer", but a Decision Maker and y'all should be proud to have her fill the position. A breath of fresh air for Sistersville.
Goodfellow

Morgantown, WV

#2 Oct 13, 2013
Ann Doig is Dave Fox's aunt. To what type of connections were you referring?

She seems a very nice lady. She's in until March, then the people will have the right and obligation to decide their next mayor.
Really

Fort Knox, KY

#3 Oct 13, 2013
Ann Doig is related through marriage to Dave Fox and that's by a long shot. Dave's grandmother was Colin's sister. Big connection.
1 post removed
true grit

Marietta, OH

#5 Oct 13, 2013
I still want to be Mayor. But until election time I'm happy with Ann.
true grit

Marietta, OH

#6 Oct 13, 2013
Although I really had a thing for the old mayor.
true grit

Marietta, OH

#7 Oct 13, 2013
I'm not saying I'm gay or anything, but muscle guys do it for me!
Bobby Pruett

Marietta, OH

#8 Oct 23, 2013
In reading today's paper, the last City Council meeting reminds of the old song "Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss."
SMH

Saint Clairsville, OH

#9 Oct 23, 2013
Same circus, new ringleader. It's embarrassing for the good citizens of Sistersville. Two people asking to fill vacancies on the council but there's always hoops to jump through - until they find another yes man.
Bobby Pruett

Marietta, OH

#10 Oct 23, 2013
Makes you wonder if Fox is still calling the shots from his home in Wheeling.
Resident

United States

#11 Oct 24, 2013
Time to clean house ! get rid of all the yes men, the carpet baggers and the cronies.
Get rid of them now.
true grit

Marietta, OH

#12 Oct 24, 2013
How long do we have to listen to this crap? You goofs have been saying the same BS lines for three years now and nobody does anything. Just shut up and take it like ya always do!
Bobby Pruett

Marietta, OH

#13 Oct 24, 2013
You do realize that Valarie Jones just might have a pretty good lawsuit case against the City for violation of the American's With Disabilities Act. According to the 1990 law signed by President George HW Bush REQUIRES all public buildings to be handicapped accessible. So, since the City Building is not accessible and someone wants to attend a Council meeting, then they have every right and the City MUST grant a change of venue. If the 19th Amendment overrides the City law that prohibits women from voting, then the ADA overrides the City Charter about the location for City Council meetings.
Really

Fort Knox, KY

#14 Oct 24, 2013
You realize Bobby that you need to read the entire act? Only new construction after 1992 has to have accommodations and older buildings have to make accommodations within the balancing test. Read the entire act please before you go spouting off at the mouth. Same bs all the time. Run your mouths on here and complain complain complain. Sounds like "blah blah blah". What a joke.
Concerned Citizen

Marietta, OH

#15 Oct 24, 2013
I would like for someone to explain to me why the city council meetings could not be moved where people can sit down instead of standing like a bunch of cattle. What is there to hide.
Resident

United States

#16 Oct 25, 2013
Really wrote:
You realize Bobby that you need to read the entire act? Only new construction after 1992 has to have accommodations and older buildings have to make accommodations within the balancing test. Read the entire act please before you go spouting off at the mouth. Same bs all the time. Run your mouths on here and complain complain complain. Sounds like "blah blah blah". What a joke.
The appointed mayors daughter weighs in with her usual negative BS,
like anyone cares
Margaret T Brown

Philippi, WV

#17 Oct 25, 2013
The important thing to remember here is that if a handicapped person wants to attend a city council meeting and can not because of building restrictions, something needs to change. Construction takes money and time, a change of venue would be a better solution.
Seriously, whoever Really is, shame on you. Do you think it really matters what the entire American's With Disabilities Act says. The bottom line is that if a person with a physical disability wants to attend a council meeting, they should be able to.
I am sure our city council is aware of this and will do the right thing and accommodate anyone who wants to attend a council meeting. After all, that is their job. I am sure it makes them uncomfortable to be sitting in their chairs at the city building, while many citizens have to stand. And if they are not uncomfortable with this situation, then I guess we know what their true characters are.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#18 Oct 25, 2013
I will weigh in on what is right and wrong. I do agree that every person should be able to attend a council meeting and accommodations should be made. That is a real issue and one that needs addressed. I simply pointed out what the act says and now throw in the bs about a law suit. The city building has been an issue for years but just now it is a problem? Oh please. No one complained when Ride Paddy was in office or any other mayor held the office. So why all of a sudden now? Because that's all you have to complain about? And if you want to talk about true character then go directly to them and speak with them about it. That will show how much you "care". And Resident please practice what you preach...negative on my part? Nope, I simply stated the facts but once again, Mark, Greg, whoever you are tonight on here you got it all twisted like you usually do. Turning everything around. And you much care because you responded again. ;)
Bobby Pruett

Marietta, OH

#19 Oct 25, 2013
Volgel wrote:
I will weigh in on what is right and wrong. I do agree that every person should be able to attend a council meeting and accommodations should be made. That is a real issue and one that needs addressed. I simply pointed out what the act says and now throw in the bs about a law suit. The city building has been an issue for years but just now it is a problem? Oh please. No one complained when Ride Paddy was in office or any other mayor held the office. So why all of a sudden now? Because that's all you have to complain about? And if you want to talk about true character then go directly to them and speak with them about it. That will show how much you "care". And Resident please practice what you preach...negative on my part? Nope, I simply stated the facts but once again, Mark, Greg, whoever you are tonight on here you got it all twisted like you usually do. Turning everything around. And you much care because you responded again. ;)
Because all other previous mayors including Fox had meetings at the Fire Hall when it was necessary. Now, suddenly, we find in the City Charter where no meeting can be held except at City Hall on the 2nd Monday of the month. As I said, if the 19th Amendment voids the ordinance that says women cannot vote, then the ADA should void meetings held at City Hall IF someone requests ahead that the need access for the meeting and cannot otherwise get into City Hall. And I never said Valerie should sue the City over the ADA, I just said that if she did, she would have a good case against the City.
Concerned Citizen

Marietta, OH

#20 Oct 25, 2013
Volgel wrote:
Who or what is ride paddy:
Bobby Pruett

Marietta, OH

#21 Oct 25, 2013
True Grit, should stay off here he justs keeps stirring and he doesn't make much sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sistersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm back Sat readerFromreader 3
Dish Network - WTRF ABC Apr 14 Zzzz 2
Shhhh Apr 12 youknow 1
History of Paden City (Jul '06) Apr 11 OldWVHouse 43
Alex the wonder boy (May '14) Apr 7 Mark Walker 6
News Teacher Arrested For Drugs (Jul '14) Mar '15 typaway 19
Missing You Mar '15 haha 75
More from around the web

Sistersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE