First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John Moore

Marietta, OH

#1 Jul 21, 2013
Some things that seem totally rediculous are quite important to others. You may think it is irrelevant to put some grass cuttings in an alley, but that alley may be a street to your neighbor. Your neighbor may take offense to your using his alley/street for debris from your yard---So do the right thing and bag the yard cuttings or rake the area and hose it off. There is really nothing to be gained by winning a discussion with your neighbor when the "fix" is quick, swift, and not time consuming--Just be consistent relative to your belief that one needs to fix problems not create and leave an area better than you found it. This may mean taking up the slack for those who have not matured to appreciate how all of us working together overcome the weakest link!!!
newcomer

Marietta, OH

#2 Jul 21, 2013
Well said neighbor.
Ron Sternest

Marietta, OH

#3 Jul 21, 2013
I blow all my junk right into the street! Why not, I pay 17 damn dollars for a street fee every month and they never sweep it! It still has cinders on it from winter! What a ripoff
sistersville citzen

Marietta, OH

#4 Jul 21, 2013
whoever used the timber ridge parking lot left used needles up there does that mean i should pick the needles up although i could get aids from it? John Moore why do you always make an issue out what others do? Mr Moore just pick up the dang piece of trash put it in a proper container and move on no need to post about it. Or do you want everyone to say you are sistersville's hero??????????
I don't know what i am missing here if i pick up a piece of someone's trash should i post about it what good does posting about do?>>>>>>
John Moore

Marietta, OH

#5 Jul 22, 2013
sistersville citzen wrote:
whoever used the timber ridge parking lot left used needles up there does that mean i should pick the needles up although i could get aids from it? John Moore why do you always make an issue out what others do? Mr Moore just pick up the dang piece of trash put it in a proper container and move on no need to post about it. Or do you want everyone to say you are sistersville's hero??????????
I don't know what i am missing here if i pick up a piece of someone's trash should i post about it what good does posting about do?>>>>>>
Just Maybe the Litterbug will get involved with the Forum--Who knows, there might be a convert--Then the end justifys the means!!!In any event, nothing ventured nothing gained!!
Fallen Star

New Martinsville, WV

#6 Jul 22, 2013
You'd reach far more people if you'd send a letter to the editor of the local paper and you'd quit spamming this forum with your pet peeves.

The Tyler Star News welcomes letters to the editor from area readers and observes the following policy:

Letters should be no more than 400 words in length and must include the authorÂ’s signature, city of residence and telephone number for verification purposes. The Tyler Star News will only print letters of thanks from nonprofit agencies, community organizations or community organizations or those involved in a public issue. The Tyler Star News reserves the right to reject any letter for publication or edit them to conform to the newspaperÂ’s style. Letters of a slanderous or libelous nature will not be printed.

Letters may be mailed, delivered in person or e-mailed to [email protected]

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#7 Jul 22, 2013
Granted there are times when Mr. Moore can be annoying BUT all he is saying here is to take some pride in your city and help keep it clean. What we do as humans effects everything and living so close to the river...well it is polluted enough and there is no need to make it worse.
Ron Sternest

Marietta, OH

#8 Jul 22, 2013
Why doesn't Mr. Moore answer my question? Why do I pay $17 a month street fee and my street is never swept? Where is this money going. I'm not going to sweep my own street AND pay a street fee.
The Gang

Marietta, OH

#9 Jul 22, 2013
What Mr. Moore is not telling is that he actually dumped debris in the street in front of a neighbors house and then after being confronted he cleaned it up. This just happened a day or two ago and now his guilty and polluted mind is telling everyone else not to do the same thing he got caught doing.
John Moore

Marietta, OH

#10 Jul 22, 2013
The Gang wrote:
What Mr. Moore is not telling is that he actually dumped debris in the street in front of a neighbors house and then after being confronted he cleaned it up. This just happened a day or two ago and now his guilty and polluted mind is telling everyone else not to do the same thing he got caught doing.
Gee, This must have come from the Braintrust at the local Dairy Queen. This was generated from an individual who made his life's work at slowing up, screwing up, or generally bucking management in his pursuit to gain wages for as little work production as possible. It is a sad commentary on a nonpurpose driven life.Someone needs to get a life!!!Best Wishes for you and your Consultants.
The Gang

Marietta, OH

#11 Jul 22, 2013
This Braintrust doesn't need Consultants, but if you keep littering you may! From what I'm told screwing up is what got you in trouble recently.
John Moore

Marietta, OH

#12 Jul 23, 2013
The Gang wrote:
This Braintrust doesn't need Consultants, but if you keep littering you may! From what I'm told screwing up is what got you in trouble recently.
Since I have information on your recent medical choices, It would be well that you discontinue this discussion and move on to more pertinent issues-- Screwing up is in the "eyes of the beholder".Of course, this is your choice. As for me,I would rather spend time on constructive issues!!!
really

Wichita, KS

#13 Jul 23, 2013
Last I heard.. Medical info is strictly confidential... You and dumbpuck Oldie are always threating people. All gang said was you dumped debris in the street, which apparently is true. Hey Gang, you should look into how he know about any medical treatment you may have had... HMMMM. WOW. JM and Oldie sitting in a tree, K I S S I N G, first comes love, then comes marriage but I guess there will be no baby carriage.
Snapple

Marietta, OH

#14 Jul 23, 2013
For someone that is ALWAYS proclaiming himself the positive force in this town, Mr. Moore seems just a little quick to threaten people. Not sure what his definition of good and positive is, but most "positive forces" do not go around threatening to use personal information against a neighbor. Sounds to me like he's really just a mean old bully!

Location hidden

#15 Jul 23, 2013
Ron Sternest wrote:
Why doesn't Mr. Moore answer my question? Why do I pay $17 a month street fee and my street is never swept? Where is this money going. I'm not going to sweep my own street AND pay a street fee.
I can answer that question for you because I asked them at City Hall when I paid my bill, which is what you should have done instead of griping here - you are paying street fees for various reasons and not just for sweeping your street. It's for cindering, fixing pot holes, etc. Unfortunately, the street crew is small in numbers now and cannot do everything. Various leaks throughout town and other factors keep this small crew from doing everything. If everyone in town would pay their bill instead of complaining, maybe the city could afford to hire more workers to keep you from getting up off your lazy arse and actually working for a change to beautify your own neighborhood.
Been around

Marietta, OH

#16 Jul 23, 2013
Looks like most everyone has JM and RS'S number.
John Moore

Marietta, OH

#17 Jul 23, 2013
really wrote:
Last I heard.. Medical info is strictly confidential... You and dumbpuck Oldie are always threating people. All gang said was you dumped debris in the street, which apparently is true. Hey Gang, you should look into how he know about any medical treatment you may have had... HMMMM. WOW. JM and Oldie sitting in a tree, K I S S I N G, first comes love, then comes marriage but I guess there will be no baby carriage.
Glad U have come to your senses. This is an exercise of futility for you. Medical Records in a Health Care Facility are confidential. Idle conversation on the street doesn't meet this criteria. In any event, this is neither here nor there--This communication is over with you. Peace be with you as there is nothing to "Get" by a continuance--DONE!
newcomer

Marietta, OH

#18 Jul 23, 2013
John Moore wrote:
<quoted text>Glad U have come to your senses. This is an exercise of futility for you. Medical Records in a Health Care Facility are confidential. Idle conversation on the street doesn't meet this criteria. In any event, this is neither here nor there--This communication is over with you. Peace be with you as there is nothing to "Get" by a continuance--DONE!
Nothing to "Get",there is a lot to get but you may not like it.
Ron Sternest

Marietta, OH

#19 Jul 23, 2013
TylerResident wrote:
<quoted text>
I can answer that question for you because I asked them at City Hall when I paid my bill, which is what you should have done instead of griping here - you are paying street fees for various reasons and not just for sweeping your street. It's for cindering, fixing pot holes, etc. Unfortunately, the street crew is small in numbers now and cannot do everything. Various leaks throughout town and other factors keep this small crew from doing everything. If everyone in town would pay their bill instead of complaining, maybe the city could afford to hire more workers to keep you from getting up off your lazy arse and actually working for a change to beautify your own neighborhood.
Good idea DIPS**T!! I'll pay my bill (usually doubled for no reason) and I'll sweep my street too. And as far as "more city workers"? I've never seen so many city employees in my life!

Location hidden

#20 Jul 23, 2013
Ron Sternest wrote:
<quoted text>
Good idea DIPS**T!! I'll pay my bill (usually doubled for no reason) and I'll sweep my street too. And as far as "more city workers"? I've never seen so many city employees in my life!
Well how nice profanity and how ignorant ...once again...pay your bill and if there is a problem... talk to someone at the city building! As for street employees...there are four...one is out on medical leave and the other three are working...mostly emergencies like several leaks on the opposite ends of town. How do I know...I asked!

People instead of complaining and spreading lies...ask questions at the city building then tell the truth for a change!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sistersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 23 min Sundog512 1,550
News Chlorine leak reported at Axiall Plant in Marsh... 14 hr Dazed_and_Confused 2
new martinsville trash (Jun '15) Aug 19 Enter_Username_1 9
Cookie Aug 14 PG resident 2
Great Off-Road Trails (WestVaco & Snake Root) (Jul '13) Jul '16 chris 12
History of Paden City (Jul '06) Jun '16 meplus 1 letter 45
News Officer Shoots Self in Leg By Accident (Jan '16) Jan '16 booboo 1

Sistersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sistersville Mortgages