Redskin Parent

Jessup, MD

#22 Sep 25, 2012
Ok. If someone did come and judge them on different occassions was it when sideline cheerleaders and competition cheerleaders were both at practice and was everyone notified that they were being judged?? If not are you telling me the cheer coaches didn't tell their kid to make sure they do a good job today because someone would be there watching them??? I would find that hard to believe.

Also in Middle School and High School the kids get to vote so if the girls got to vote for Homecoming King then the boys should have got to vote for Homecoming Queen.

If you want the board to vote for Homecoming Queen then they should also vote for the Homecoming King. Just make it fair is all i am asking for.

Also i am a working mom and don't have the time to put into it or trust me i would be there, but i don't think my kid should be punished just because i have to work.
Redskin Parent

Jessup, MD

#23 Sep 25, 2012
Also if it is for the kids maybe they should do more fundraisers or have each parent pay an amount for each of them to get a crown or something. I know i would.
Redskins Parent

Danielson, CT

#24 Sep 25, 2012
Redskin Parent wrote:
Ok. If someone did come and judge them on different occassions was it when sideline cheerleaders and competition cheerleaders were both at practice and was everyone notified that they were being judged?? If not are you telling me the cheer coaches didn't tell their kid to make sure they do a good job today because someone would be there watching them??? I would find that hard to believe.

Also in Middle School and High School the kids get to vote so if the girls got to vote for Homecoming King then the boys should have got to vote for Homecoming Queen.

If you want the board to vote for Homecoming Queen then they should also vote for the Homecoming King. Just make it fair is all i am asking for.

Also i am a working mom and don't have the time to put into it or trust me i would be there, but i don't think my kid should be punished just because i have to work.
Nothing is fair about it. It hasn't been for the past 2 years. The A team girl that won knew on the Friday before homecoming that she won because she was bragging to her friends that she had to look good because she won "Miss Redskin"! So you know that if she knew then her little cousin on the B team knew also because their mothers are sisters and coaches of the A & B teams! And they also won last year and wasnt the best on either teams!
One time

Charleston, WV

#25 Sep 25, 2012
A few years back there was a coordinator that raised money to get every girl a tiara after te board made a rule that they couldn't have a ms redskin. Hey cost like $3 or $4 if bought in bulk
Redskin Parent

Jessup, MD

#26 Sep 25, 2012
Ok my next question is. How did they win it last year when i was told it was only for the older girls on the team that could run for it? They wouldn't have been the oldest last year and this year. But they say it's fair. OK.
Redskin Parent

Jessup, MD

#27 Sep 25, 2012
I know. That is what i was thinking about the tiara. I know they are not that expensive and i think that would be the best for the girls. Unless they are going to do it a fair way.
blessed

New York, NY

#28 Sep 25, 2012
One time wrote:
A few years back there was a coordinator that raised money to get every girl a tiara after te board made a rule that they couldn't have a ms redskin. Hey cost like $3 or $4 if bought in bulk
Seriously? Life isn't fair. Maybe we should teach our kids to suck it up and we wouldn't have so many whiners with their hands out in our society?
just a concerned parent

Danielson, CT

#29 Sep 25, 2012
blessed wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously? Life isn't fair. Maybe we should teach our kids to suck it up and we wouldn't have so many whiners with their hands out in our society?
does anybody else think Jenny Mae goofmore is an idiot.??
blessed

New York, NY

#30 Sep 25, 2012
just a concerned parent wrote:
<quoted text>does anybody else think Jenny Mae goofmore is an idiot.??
I don't know. Who is that?
Vill

Charleston, WV

#31 Sep 25, 2012
I think that you should only have a mr and miss redskin for the Ateam only ..... And if you are going to give every child a crown that's just crazy but I think that the kids should vote .
Redskins Parent

Charleston, WV

#32 Sep 25, 2012
Vill wrote:
I think that you should only have a mr and miss redskin for the Ateam only ..... And if you are going to give every child a crown that's just crazy but I think that the kids should vote .
I agree! That's the way it is supposed to be. Years ago that's how it was. Times have changed.
Redskins Parent

Charleston, WV

#33 Sep 25, 2012
just a concerned parent wrote:
<quoted text>does anybody else think Jenny Mae goofmore is an idiot.??
I do! She's a joke! She throws around that she's been in the military like she's mean and everyone is supposed to be scared of her..who really cares? Just because she's been in the military doesn't mean anyone is afraid of her..just means she has an annoying loud mouth that nobody wants to hear! STFU!
Smh

New York, NY

#34 Sep 25, 2012
Why would everyone get a crown? That is as stupid as misspelling homecoming. Why only have kids judge? That would only be judging the girls on their looks and not on their cheering. You win some and lose some, such is life. I think we have beat this dead horse enough...
Football Cheer Mom

Charleston, WV

#35 Sep 25, 2012
Forthekids wrote:
If your going to get on here and start blasting cheer or football coaches, please have your facts straight. First off, the homecoming was not headed up by the B team cheer coach, second..... The correct term is Mr and Ms Redskin. This is a title that has been given for over at least 30 years now. I'm not from Sissonville but where I grew up we had the same titles given out at homecoming every year. Thirdly, the committee as it's being called on here which is the board, DID NOT in any way vote for Ms Redskin regardless whether there's more cheer parents vs football parents which doesnt hold any meaning. There were unbiased people who do not have any children on any of the teams come out on multiple occasions for fairness purpose and judged the girls during games and practices and watched the girls without anyone of the girls knowing. I can assure you that it was not rigged because if it was, I would have made sure my child was chosen as Mr or Ms Redskin but they were'nt because it was done fairly. Has it even occurred to anyone that maybe some of the coaches kids were actually the better ones and should have been awarded that title? Should those kids be discriminated against just because their parent is the coach? Let me just say that in my years of working with the kids, they are not the problem.... It has been pure joy working with them, it's the parents that want to set back and complain. It's not an easy job by no means, this is strictly voluntary and no pay involved. We dedicate our time for the kids. If the parents that want to set back and complain would get behind your coach and support them for all of their hard work, we would have an awesome time. My advice for those people who want to complain about coaches is to put your name on the list and be voted in to coach. I assure you that you will never want to complain again, you'll shortly find out that you can't please everyone. I
Thank you for stating the FACTS... People need to learn to listen instead of Jumping to Conclusions before they know the TRUTH.. It doesn't matter if its the coaches kid or not.. THESE are CHILDREN!!! and it was done fairly... If you have a problem with who won on a certain team, approcah the coach and tell them your concerns, don't go bashing ALL coaches for something you know nothing about..
Anonymous

Danielson, CT

#36 Sep 25, 2012
Redskin Parent wrote:
So I take it that u work evening shift , because practice starts at 6:00 pm. Ever other parent works and still has time to coach and voluntary their time
Oh great

Lodi, OH

#37 Sep 29, 2012
I think its funny that the D team queen doesnt even show up to practice on time and we cant hear her cheering in the stands. But its ok, she worked "harder" than everyone elses children so she derserved to win. Whatever! I totally belive as long as ur the coach, ur child automatically wins. We have never seen anyone out of the ordinary at a practice so called judging our girls. The only time was when jenny mae pridemore made it obvious that she was there to judge. So what does that say??!!!
Maddie

Charleston, WV

#38 Sep 29, 2012
Oh great wrote:
I think its funny that the D team queen doesnt even show up to practice on time and we cant hear her cheering in the stands. But its ok, she worked "harder" than everyone elses children so she derserved to win. Whatever! I totally belive as long as ur the coach, ur child automatically wins. We have never seen anyone out of the ordinary at a practice so called judging our girls. The only time was when jenny mae pridemore made it obvious that she was there to judge. So what does that say??!!!
Who won on the D & C team?
1 post removed
a real mother

Charleston, WV

#40 Oct 3, 2012
Oh great wrote:
First of all the rule to be queen you had to be on the same team for 2 years, there were only 2 girls that have been on the D team for 2 years. Yes the queen was there at practice. Sidelines were from 6-7 and the other 7-8. She had tumbling one or 2 days a week, but was there right afterward. who can say she couldn't be queen cause she done tumbling to. Every girl on the D team has been late just because they where running behind. And yes the girls where judged two other times at a practice and yes all the girls were there. Maybe you were not paying attetion but yes there were two ladies there twice. Now lets get to the point the D team girl that you are talking about is only 6 years old. So what i don't understand is why you would go and trash a 6 year old and call yourself a good parent. These are children out here that we are dealing with not some dog that you teach tricks to that you can talk about this is a child, so i really think you should be ashamed of your self. Even though you didn't leave your name we all know who you are. It is a hard thing to judge kids but all in all you don't get on the internet and trash talk a child. Just cause her mother is a coach and a great coach at that does not mean anything she didn't have her say in the judging. If you want to trash someone I think you need to stick with someone that can defend there self. You do not trash talk a child that makes you a really low person you must be a sad person to want to trash talk a child. "She is 6, and last thing if you don't like the way things are done then you don't need to be out there or get on the board and try to change what you want and then we will see how far you go"
You are all ridiculous

Charleston, WV

#41 Oct 3, 2012
Instead of worrying so much about cheerleading, why don't you all focus on your child's education. While you are putting all this time into an activity that won't get them anywhere in life, who is making sure that they are mastering their school work? It sounds like this is for the parents who are trying to live through their child, but are too stupid to do that by helping them in their education.
Maddie

Charleston, WV

#42 Oct 3, 2012
a real mother wrote:
<quoted text>First of all the rule to be queen you had to be on the same team for 2 years, there were only 2 girls that have been on the D team for 2 years. Yes the queen was there at practice. Sidelines were from 6-7 and the other 7-8. She had tumbling one or 2 days a week, but was there right afterward. who can say she couldn't be queen cause she done tumbling to. Every girl on the D team has been late just because they where running behind. And yes the girls where judged two other times at a practice and yes all the girls were there. Maybe you were not paying attetion but yes there were two ladies there twice. Now lets get to the point the D team girl that you are talking about is only 6 years old. So what i don't understand is why you would go and trash a 6 year old and call yourself a good parent. These are children out here that we are dealing with not some dog that you teach tricks to that you can talk about this is a child, so i really think you should be ashamed of your self. Even though you didn't leave your name we all know who you are. It is a hard thing to judge kids but all in all you don't get on the internet and trash talk a child. Just cause her mother is a coach and a great coach at that does not mean anything she didn't have her say in the judging. If you want to trash someone I think you need to stick with someone that can defend there self. You do not trash talk a child that makes you a really low person you must be a sad person to want to trash talk a child. "She is 6, and last thing if you don't like the way things are done then you don't need to be out there or get on the board and try to change what you want and then we will see how far you go"
The 2 year rule must be something you all just made up this year cause that was never a rule cause if it was, the girls that won last year should have never won!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sissonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lacey West 6 min username 11
kevin hackney 42 min chris 17
Character?? 47 min and 1
Tay Tay Sisson 1 hr Taylor 16
Cody Denard 1 hr Truth 6
Truth 1 hr Joshua Fields 1
Tesia Cain 2 hr steven 13
More from around the web

Sissonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE