Simsbury 8th graders crash in stolen car

Simsbury 8th graders crash in stolen car

There are 109 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Apr 8, 2009, titled Simsbury 8th graders crash in stolen car. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

Police in Connecticut say three eighth-graders in a stolen car crashed it into a utility pole while trying to flee an officer and are lucky to be alive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

confused

Beacon Falls, CT

#26 Apr 8, 2009
wait nevermind car owner, it must do our towns randomly so we can remain anonymous, because i live in Simsbury and it says im in New Haven
HJMS Parent

Bloomfield, CT

#27 Apr 8, 2009
I have known David for many years and he has always been a respectful kid; I was very surprised to find that he was involved.
CSI - Simsbury

Bloomfield, CT

#28 Apr 8, 2009
My questions to you car owner: Was the car in your driveway or garage? Where were the keys?

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#29 Apr 8, 2009
HJMS Parent wrote:
A lowlife is a person who wishes that more harm befall these kids!
Your opinion; not that it's that much.

Nature doesn't give you second chances - they shouldn't have 'em either.
really

United States

#30 Apr 8, 2009
This kids should be in jail
Mother Nature

Bloomfield, CT

#31 Apr 9, 2009
Sol wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion; not that it's that much.
Nature doesn't give you second chances - they shouldn't have 'em either.
Nature often gives us second chances; that's why they are still alive! You never got a second chance? Let me get my violin...
kimlee

Topsham, ME

#32 Apr 9, 2009
step off your soapbox !!!!!
i have two boys and hear everytime they move, let alone get up, get dressed and leave the house...
sounds like you head is stuck !!!!!
Concerned Mom wrote:
Why is everyone being so judgemental about the parents? Where were YOU at 2:30 this morning? I was sound asleep and I assume my 13 year old was as well. How would I know if he snuck out and stole a car? Do you watch your teenager sleep? Who would imagine that kids this young would do this?
And why are you all so angry with these kids? You should all be ashamed of yourselves! Can you honestlly say that when you were a teenager you never did anything that you look back on now and think "OMG What was I thinking?" It's in their contract to do stupid things! It's in our contract as parents to try to protect them as best we can - but c'mon, how do you stop a kid if he's hell-bent on destruction. Sneaking out at night has been going on since Romeo & Juliet's time.
It is what it is, and I just thank the Good Lord that these kids survived. I'm praying for them and for their poor parents who, I'm sure, aged 20 years last night. When you all get your heads out of your backsides, maybe you could try doing the same.
CA Simsbury

Hartford, CT

#33 Apr 9, 2009
I too have known David and his family for years-from camping and the SVFD. I was shocked when I found out. They are such a nice family. My heart goes out to them.
HJMS Parent wrote:
I have known David for many years and he has always been a respectful kid; I was very surprised to find that he was involved.
nomarsnose

West Hartford, CT

#36 Apr 9, 2009
The children face grand theft auto charges, driving without a license, possible breaking and entering (if they got the car out of the garage), curfew violation (if there is one in Simsbury) and whatever else goes along with what they did.
One or more of them face juvenile detention based on the grand theft auto charge alone. In addition, they will have community service coming out their little eyeballs. I am sure they will spend their summers picking up trash and other stuff too.
Now comes the part that their parents face...possible lawsuit from the owner of the Subaru. The parents will at least have to pay for a new vehicle to that individual. The cost incurred to the town by at least CL&P for their services. Oh yeah, riding in an ambulance and lifestar are not free either.
Looking at the photos alone, it is amazing that their parents are not making funeral arrangements today.
Mother Nature

Bloomfield, CT

#37 Apr 9, 2009
We donít know whether one, two or all three of the kids were party to the theft of the vehicle, and they will all have their day in court. The driver will face a laundry list of charges that will likely include: driving a stolen vehicle, driving without a license, joyriding, speeding, reckless endangerment, and evading a police officer, not to mention the financial responsibility for property damage.

These kids are 14 years old - well below the established age of responsibility. They made poor choices that night; a night they will never forget. Thankfully no one was killed. Kudos to the other invited guests who declined to participate in the folly!

Those of you who are wishing them the worst should adjust your halo, which is resting a bit askew upon your horns!
Carlos

San Dimas, CA

#39 Apr 9, 2009
Lawsuit on the horizon.
How dare the police pull them over and scare them like that! They were just undocumented drivers! The police caused them to crash!
paul

Newington, CT

#40 Apr 9, 2009
Flap wrote:
<quoted text> yo paul dog how do u no about the girl in the crash only hjms students no there was a girl in the crash Mary stwert case was her name btw ok her u
yo Flap dog...Is this texting?

No speaka da texting.
Sentinel

Bloomfield, CT

#41 Apr 9, 2009
my turn wrote:
White Trash at it's best. Congratulations parents, you are the proud owners of "WHITE TRASH KIDS"....History always repeats it self. Check the paper in 20 years and this will happen again with their kids.
You are evaluating the character of people with whom you have no intimate knowledge. Get back inside your trailer, turn on the propane and light up a smoke!
paul

Newington, CT

#42 Apr 9, 2009
Mother Nature wrote:
We donít know whether one, two or all three of the kids were party to the theft of the vehicle, and they will all have their day in court. The driver will face a laundry list of charges that will likely include: driving a stolen vehicle, driving without a license, joyriding, speeding, reckless endangerment, and evading a police officer, not to mention the financial responsibility for property damage.
These kids are 14 years old - well below the established age of responsibility. They made poor choices that night; a night they will never forget. Thankfully no one was killed. Kudos to the other invited guests who declined to participate in the folly!
Those of you who are wishing them the worst should adjust your halo, which is resting a bit askew upon your horns!
What do you mean we don't know whether all three kids were a party to the theft? When one of them pulled up and said get in, did they think the driver miracled his way to 16? Pulllleeezzz
paul

Newington, CT

#43 Apr 9, 2009
my turn wrote:
Although they were hurt. The must be punished. I can tell they were white because no one had a racist comment. Well let me tell you, these little white bastards should be charged and fully prosecuted. I am sorry but a crime is a crime. I will pray for them to have a speedy recovery so they can go to juvie.
White Trash at it's best. Congratulations parents, you are the proud owners of "WHITE TRASH KIDS"....History always repeats it self. Check the paper in 20 years and this will happen again with their kids.
Simsbury is a very wealthy town. At worst these kids are wealthy white trash.

This has Bonfire of the Vanities written all over it. It just so unusual for white kids to behave so badly.
ca-simsbury

Hartford, CT

#44 Apr 9, 2009
Why are people so quick to judge. Simsbury may be a wealthy town, but not everyone that lives in it are wealthy......Especially these kids....and me, and I've lived in this town all my life.
paul wrote:
<quoted text>
Simsbury is a very wealthy town. At worst these kids are wealthy white trash.
This has Bonfire of the Vanities written all over it. It just so unusual for white kids to behave so badly.
paul

Newington, CT

#45 Apr 9, 2009
ca-simsbury wrote:
Why are people so quick to judge. Simsbury may be a wealthy town, but not everyone that lives in it are wealthy......Especially these kids....and me, and I've lived in this town all my life.
<quoted text>
OK, I apologize. Maybe they are white trash after all.

What do you call wealthy? What's your net worth?
Mother Nature

Bloomfield, CT

#46 Apr 9, 2009
paul wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean we don't know whether all three kids were a party to the theft? When one of them pulled up and said get in, did they think the driver miracled his way to 16? Pulllleeezzz
I am not implying that the passengers of the vehicle were unaware that the driver was underage and unlicensed, nor that they knew that the vehicle was not owned by the driver. My point is that if they conspired to or were accessory to the actual theft of the vehicle, this action would have further criminal implications.
CA Simsbury

Hartford, CT

#47 Apr 9, 2009
What do you call wealthy? And...what's YOU"RE net worth. Apparently you know nothing about Simsbury, only what you read/hear in the news.

I happen to know all 3 kids and their families-I'm not quick to judge.
paul wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I apologize. Maybe they are white trash after all.
What do you call wealthy? What's your net worth?
dumazz

Morristown, NJ

#48 Apr 9, 2009
Flap wrote:
<quoted text> 1 of them almost for killed so shut up ok these people
Would you care to rephrase that in ENGLISH, please?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Simsbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Board of finance Meeting October 17, 2017 My co... 3 hr Joan coe 1
News Two Charged In Connection With Bloomfield Murder (Mar '09) Oct 15 Law school gradua... 27
Board of Selectmen Meeting October 11, 2017 My ... Oct 11 Joan coe 1
Board of Selectmen Meeting September 25, 2017 Sep 25 Joan coe 1
Board of Selectmen Meeting September 11, 2017 M... Sep '17 Joan coe 1
Home owner (Dec '16) Sep '17 Elizabeth 2
Board of Selectmen Meeting August 28, 2017 My C... Aug '17 Joan coe 1

Simsbury Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Simsbury Mortgages