Jason Wilhelm

United States

#21 Aug 26, 2009
Mind over Matter wrote:
I have to say that I disagree with LivingProperty. I made a decision to go to college... total financial aid and all... had to get a job to pay the cost of living. I don't regret it and I damn sure wouldn't trade it for a hustla's life. I'm in debt to my eyeballs but I would rather be this way than taking a chance at going to jail.
I make very good money now and try to steer my friends to a better way of living.
Get control over your life and see how much better life can be.
As far as bad neighborhoods... I would have to say every neighborhood has a bit of bad in them. The worst that I have seen is back behind the KMart by Greenville Memorial. Past Dunean.
Thank you for existing!!!
Emma in Taylors

Salem, SC

#22 Aug 30, 2009
Wow, amazing! We're trying to clean things up and the drug dealers are coming here and actually bragging on their success? Sad,huh?
I've lived here all my life and I know of drugs in low/middle and high income neighborhoods.
What bothers me is that these dealers give "free" drugs to kids to "try",,,in other words to get hooked, then they get them to "sell" drugs for them in order to support their new habit.
What can we do? I don't know, I have reported quite a few and that was months earlier, their still going strong!
Emma in Taylors

Salem, SC

#23 Aug 30, 2009
I was also informed that reporting a dealer is a joke, as the dealer's pay the officers off for protection? I have no idea if this is true, all I know is that people report and the dealers are still dealing? I'd be happy to go up and pretend to buy drugs if I was covered by police protection, but I don't see a desire for that in this town either?
Anyone have any big ideas as to how we can run the dealers off, instead of them running us off?
curious

Charleston, WV

#24 Sep 7, 2009
any maps available
sinistercaan

Easley, SC

#25 Jan 21, 2010
well well, i am suprised at seeing the stupidity here, first of all you ppl think drug deals only go on in the streets, what about all the bull%$#@ thats being sold out of parkins mill or any other neighborhood were houses are sold for more than 250,000, oh not concerned about that because its not ppl in the streets, not worried about lil johnny getting dope from his lil rich buddy, lmao, keep thinking the lower class neighborhoods is where crime is done, just not reported as much b/c no one wants the value of the neighborhood going down, and to my ppl trying to justify what goes on in the streets, cut it out, you do what you do b/c you dont want to look at all of the options, and i do understand that sometimes there arent many options there, or might not be enough time for that
and thats cool just dont try to justify it, what you all need to do is try and work it out
tommy

United States

#26 Jan 24, 2010
Adam in Easley wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm kinda confused on why you would seem to be proud to be out there dealing dope to some kids. It baffles my mind to see how open people can be about being criminals. As for the original question, I would start down Green Ave and maybe in San Suci.
that sad all drug dealer's need to be put in jail
Gangster

Hickory, NC

#27 Mar 15, 2010
The Grove Station Community off Staunton Bridge Road. You would be surprised or maybe you wouldn't at where the drug dealer works and exactly how much they have "locked" it down. Police have a subdivision there yet how often do you see them use it. I would say more but I am all out of cars from vengeful paybacks i.e, passive aggressive revenge they destroyed two really good cars now because I threatened to get them after conspiring and successfully sabotaging my business. In my eyes there are differences in Thugs and Gangsters. The drug dealer is a Thug that wants to be a gangster. The only way they can over compensate for being the true life coward they are is to threaten and sometimes take a life threatening their ill gotten profits. It is time for the community to show drug dealers who is really gangster by standing up and standing together as a revolt. Drugs are in everyone's neighborhood. Create living wage jobs and change this place for your prostarity sake.
For the Record

Greenville, NC

#28 Mar 15, 2010
Im not from Greenville, however poverty is poverty. The comment was made about stop looking down on us we're trying to feed our families. Are you serious? This had to be written by a child. No one is going to GIVE you anything in life. You need to get off your lazy behind and work for it. What happened to being proud of not taking any hand outs? Dealing drugs may put money in the pockets of those doing it but it continues the cycle of poverty for the residents. Think about it, its somebody's parents on the drugs, now you have a disfunctional home. So your whole post was bogus, Im African-American and that's NOT how things are done in our community.
Moron detector

United States

#29 Mar 23, 2010
livinproverty wrote:
yea you guys set up here and talk about drug dealers and prostitutes ,just because a lady was dressed like she was a prostitute doesn't mean that she was selling her body. how can you judge somebody on their appearance? that whats wrong in greenville to many of you hippocrytes here won't give us no job because of where we live look down on us for every little thing that we do. we do this to support our families because greensville has a messed up system we ought to be back in slavery because if you don't have the money like some of you big wigs here in greenville instead of looking down on us give us a helping hand give us a chance maybe some of this drug dealing and prostitution would be resolved. so stop trying to make it out that we are bad people because people are just trying to feed their families. you stick us in these situations and talk down on us when people are trying to survive. our people have been held down for so long to be talked about like we are useless.
People like you are the reason why things are the way they are! Get off your lazy behind and do something about your situation! Stop complaining and be part of the solution instead of part of the problem! No one forced you to be where you are! "My people been held down so long..." That phrase is as old and worn out as grannies underwear!
Sun

Mcdonough, GA

#30 Jun 8, 2010
T Smithe wrote:
Off of Laurens Road close to the J Jackson projects and the neighborhoods behind there. Worked in that area for 5 yrs. I saw a lot of it on a daily basis.
__________

There not any Jesse Jackson townhomes anymore, so what are you talking about?
Cantbelieveu

Santa Clara, CA

#31 Jul 3, 2010
Again smart americans. Who has time to ride around stalking drug dealers with a camera. U need to get a life. All u snitches talking about where the bad places are and have kids buying meth and other drugs in high class nieghborhoods. Sweep your own porches a holes. If u stop wasting time looking at color and get the powder of your nose maybe you can do something productive. Help them find a job. Thank u. Have a nice day. Come back again
Cantbelieveu

Santa Clara, CA

#32 Jul 3, 2010
Oh and u can find me under i hate racist and coco. Questions comments. Advice? Im here for you
Bobbie

Fair Play, SC

#33 Jul 3, 2010
Their like this,because their to lazy to work a decent job, like other human's do.Low life's are low life's forever. All they do is whine about what other people has & what they don't have. Wonder WHY_ they don't have.????
Coco

Santa Clara, CA

#34 Jul 4, 2010
Bobbie i knew u would find me here. Lol thanks for falling into my trap. I know where the worst ones are- the trailor park
david levine

Fairfax, VA

#35 Jul 9, 2010
this was afew months ago in a Bob Jones school paper some one wrrote in that ihave nevver seen such bad ddrivers as Greenvile one had no lights on the dark and an othere was eaaving all over anexprressway . does Greevile saction drunk driving I was shocked in this age tha more action has not been taken for it to me it id mrdfer I ws in Califonia there are signs on the road saying see a drunk driver call 911 here was a horible fatal accident in Gorgia the person had 3 times the leagle amount of alcohol
george barnett

Woodruff, SC

#36 Aug 18, 2010
T Smithe wrote:
Off of Laurens Road close to the J Jackson projects and the neighborhoods behind there. Worked in that area for 5 yrs. I saw a lot of it on a daily basis.
Public Housing Projects are concentrations of crime,drug dealing,lazyness,immorality,an d other dysfunctional behavior.Greenville,like Charlotte and other cities,is finally taking measures to solve this problem.They are using Section 8 to spread the cancer cells all over town.Yeah,that'll work.
Greenville resident

Greenville, SC

#37 Aug 26, 2010
I'm having a hard time reading half these comments due to poor grammar. Don't expect anyone to take you seriously. In fact, don't expect anything - we are the only ones reasonably responsible for ourselves, our actions, and our situation. It's paramount that every person make good decisions for themselves and not assume that they can or should be able to rely on anyone else for help. That being said, I believe that it's equally as important for people to help each other out, especially right now. "No man is an island," and by that I mean that no one exists in isolation. The decisions we make impact the lives of other people, just as we are affected by the decisions that other people make. I don't personally believe in Jesus, but apparently even he understood this concept (do unto others). Regarding "bad" neighborhoods, studies have shown time and again that poverty and crime - especially violent crime - correlate. Studies have also shown that aleviating poverty reduces crime. Don't take offense if someone says your neighborhood is poor with high crime. It's not a slight against you personally, it's just an oppinion about where you live based on data. In general, the west side of town has higher levels of poverty and crime. Most people who live in those neighborhoods would like to see crime rates reduced. Those types of neighborhoods are also the ones that Greenville City Council is working the hardest to improve. You can read all about the good work that has been and continues to be done in our low-income neighborhoods on the Greenville City website.
george barnett

Deltona, FL

#38 Aug 26, 2010
Greenville resident wrote:
I'm having a hard time reading half these comments due to poor grammar. Don't expect anyone to take you seriously. In fact, don't expect anything - we are the only ones reasonably responsible for ourselves, our actions, and our situation. It's paramount that every person make good decisions for themselves and not assume that they can or should be able to rely on anyone else for help. That being said, I believe that it's equally as important for people to help each other out, especially right now. "No man is an island," and by that I mean that no one exists in isolation. The decisions we make impact the lives of other people, just as we are affected by the decisions that other people make. I don't personally believe in Jesus, but apparently even he understood this concept (do unto others). Regarding "bad" neighborhoods, studies have shown time and again that poverty and crime - especially violent crime - correlate. Studies have also shown that aleviating poverty reduces crime. Don't take offense if someone says your neighborhood is poor with high crime. It's not a slight against you personally, it's just an oppinion about where you live based on data. In general, the west side of town has higher levels of poverty and crime. Most people who live in those neighborhoods would like to see crime rates reduced. Those types of neighborhoods are also the ones that Greenville City Council is working the hardest to improve. You can read all about the good work that has been and continues to be done in our low-income neighborhoods on the Greenville City website.
Poverty and crime is reduced when people actually WORK for a living.Sitting around,scratching your butt in Public Housing or Section 8 either breeds crime or breeds.
just telling the truth

Fountain Inn, SC

#39 Aug 27, 2010
There are bad neighborhoods all over, even the high priced neighborhoods-Chanticlear...so me of the homes off of Pelhlam road,not including the apartment homes--but they are just as bad. I knew someone...distiguished white male, who lives in a very nice area--solicited prostitutes on a DAILY basis, when his wife was away. Their kids were hooked on dope and the parents let them do drugs in their home. I don't condone drug deals, but I can't blame a person who has no more options, if they feel they can get money by selling drugs to people who willingly pay big money for dope. If the there wasn't such a need, drug dealers wouldn't be around. I know a drug dealer who only sells to "rich white people". Why does the deal sell?...b/c they pay big money for it. We all know how bad the economy has gotten. And I just can't say "go find a job at fast food resturant because they alway hire--that kind of money don't pay the bills!...Just my opinion
Bobbie

Fair Play, SC

#40 Oct 17, 2010
These drug dealer's are still slaves & on down the line,they will lay the blame on someone else.They never step up & do the right thing. Its to easy to play the Woe is me,profiling,calling white people names,& crying about what they don't have & the whites do. Its because they don't want to be anything except low lifes.They lie,steal,kill,rape & alot more.They really do need to live in a cage.The innocent people that they do harm to should insist that they are jailed for 20-50 yrs.people like this should'nt never see daylight again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Simpsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Erskine College won't give church more authority (Feb '12) 3 hr Smile 3
wnat tostart a personal deveopement business in... Wed J Allen 1
Asheville Or Greenville? (Jun '11) Feb 23 Caitlin 32
Micah Christman Feb 20 Bill 5
anyone know phillip lovin (Feb '10) Feb 19 Css 51
11-year-old rescued from Lake Hartwell dies (May '07) Feb 16 DALLANES BROTHER 26
Review: Dollar Man Loan Co Inc Feb 16 Roger Tarbell 1
Simpsonville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Simpsonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:26 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 5:26PM
Atlanta Falcons cut RB Steven Jackson
Yahoo! Sports 5:36 PM
Falcons release veteran running back Steven Jackson
NFL 5:43 AM
Steven Jackson: Time with Falcons a 'disappointment'
NFL 7:17 AM
Falcons release wideout Harry Douglas
Bleacher Report 7:22 AM
Report: Falcons Release WR Harry Douglas