City snubs Hispanic health fair, Hisp...

City snubs Hispanic health fair, Hispanic community reacts to political backlash

There are 10 comments on the Sentinel-News story from Sep 26, 2007, titled City snubs Hispanic health fair, Hispanic community reacts to political backlash. In it, Sentinel-News reports that:

“The mission of Jewish Hospital Shelbyville is to provide health care services of world-class quality to all people”

By Brent Schanding/Sentinel-News Staff Writer - Wednesday, September 26, 2007 9:46 AM EDT Shelbyville Mayor Tom Hardesty Friday indicated he would not attend the Kentucky Bi-National Health Fair, set for here, ... via Sentinel-News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel-News.

casey

Bowling Green, KY

#1 Oct 1, 2007
Why do they expect everyone to uphold everything that they do ?This city gives them everything they need and the legal citizens do without.

Since: Apr 07

Columbus, OH

#2 Oct 1, 2007
"I'm really crying out for moral support. This thing is supposed to give a sense of why it's important to help and not to ignore the community," said Carolina Palero, the newly-hired programs director for Centro Latino. "Hispanics are here, regardless if you want them or don't want them."

(for now,my friend, for now)

Last year an estimated 300,000 people participated in 1,014 activities and received 49,349 health screenings throughout the United States and Canada at the Bi-National health fairs, according to reports from organizers. An additional 386,000 people were reached and 235,000 health screenings provided through activities carried out in 23 federal entities and 294 municipalities in Mexico. Palero expects about 300 to attend the local event".

What is a Bi-National health fair?. Again,SPP/NAU.
wally

Montebello, CA

#3 Oct 1, 2007
think about that all say a city the size of los angeles thinking we have the most illegals

Columbus, OH

#4 Oct 2, 2007
wally wrote:
think about that all say a city the size of los angeles thinking we have the most illegals
Oh you mean Mexifornia? Yeah, we know your there.
Stay there or go to Mexico,stay out of the rest of our country.
White Hair

Louisville, KY

#5 Oct 3, 2007
It is nice so many persons received health care or exams,Now tell me Shelbyville is not a Sanctuary City and why you think so.There is no complaint from me as to nationality!My complaint is do the immigrants want to be citizens of this country ??Dothey wish to learn our ways and English is the language of the country??Or do they want this country to learn their religion and practice it and their language and speak itand turn over our country to them?? None of our goverment leaders seem to have the gut to stand up.
White Hair

Louisville, KY

#6 Oct 3, 2007
Second thoughts--I said Gut but perhaps backbone would be correct .Until our goverment is changed to back to the Constitution and to doing what is called for in obeying the laws and and keeping our country safe this will only get worse.Acording to the paper 85% of the people do not agree with what congress keeps putting out .What can we do but hope the next election time will being about the largest turnout of people voting and the deadwood in Washington going home>
Shelbyville Resident

Louisville, KY

#7 Oct 13, 2007
The city of Shelbyville will not endorse Bi-National Health Fair, but I hear that the county and fiscal court are going to.

Columbus, OH

#8 Oct 13, 2007
Shelbyville Resident wrote:
The city of Shelbyville will not endorse Bi-National Health Fair, but I hear that the county and fiscal court are going to.
Hope they have hearing tests for ya, you seem to need them.
Shelbyville Resident

Louisville, KY

#9 Nov 15, 2007
To Indyeast; It seems that my hearing was just fine. The County was at the Bi-National Health Fair in FULL FORCE.
ie. Health Dept., Sheriff Dept., The Judge Executive, EMS. That seems like alot of the taxpayers money to me. At least the city had the guts to stand up for what is best for the taxpayers.

Since: Oct 07

Dallas, TX

#10 Nov 21, 2007
How would a black health fair go over or a white health fair? Why do Hispanics..which are classified as caucasian aren't they? Why do Hispanics try to create seperate attentions they would not tolerate from others?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Simpsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kentucky Could Become The Only State Without A ... 7 min The Steven Deaks 172
News Former US Senator Jim Bunning laid to rest 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 15
where is alyssa 2 hr jack 1
Who is Windstream givens 4 hr New friend 2
Feed Me On the Couch (Apr '17) 5 hr Daddy 61
Trixie's Entertainment 5 hr Heard 6
homosexual social worker 7 hr state 1

Simpsonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Simpsonville Mortgages