Police investigate Hispanic gang acti...

Police investigate Hispanic gang activity

There are 44 comments on the Sentinel News story from Jul 4, 2008, titled Police investigate Hispanic gang activity. In it, Sentinel News reports that:

County helps fund historical marker The Shelby County Fiscal Court has agreed to help fund the cost for a highway marker to be placed at the site of the "Simpsonville Slaughter." International ambassadors: ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Shelbyville Resident

Jeffersonville, IN

#1 Jul 5, 2008
At least, Councilmen Shane Suttor and Jailer Bobby Waits started things going in the right direction! On one else will even admit we have a problem. I can't beleive things have gotten this bad.
Need out of Shelbyville

Louisville, KY

#2 Jul 11, 2008
Why can't you believe things are this bad? When the mayor and chief of police openly ignore immigration laws we are bound to get the criminals. They wanted a sanctuary city and now they get to deal with the consequences. I just can't wait for the housing market to pick up so I can get my family OUT as soon as possible!
chylloh

United States

#3 Jul 12, 2008
This is what is happening in California:

Mexican gangs are killing off Black gangs and taking over entire towns.

Over 300 fires in California, several illegal mexican immigrants have been caught setting some.

Over 90 hospitals and clinics in California have closed due to bankruptsy due to illegal immigrants using the facilities but not paying one cent toward the bill. Yet, they have billions to send back to Mexico.

Yesterday, one of the major mortgage banks closed due to bankruptsy. Known to lend to people with no ID, no work history and no credit history. 500 Million dollars will be the responsibility of the tax payers. Many people with savings, checking, etc. have taken their money out to the tune of over 1 billion dollars in just a couple of days.

Mayor of San Francisco sent 8 illegal latino drug dealers to a rehab house instead of incarceration, now they have escaped.

Is this what Shelbyville is heading to?

Just take a trip down the main street and see the numerous bus. owned by mexicans, mostly bars.

Take a trip to the apts. behind Tractor Supply and visit little Mexico.

Take a trip down historical Bland Ave., not historical anymore.
Intrigued

Shepherdsville, KY

#4 Jul 12, 2008
Not to be odd here,..but Bland Ave.'s problem, at least two years ago, was not Hispanics..

it was the white drunks that lived there, as well as now people coming in from Martinsville.

Bland is bad,..but I can not blame the Hispanics on that one. If anything,..they were the quiet ones.
Chylloh

United States

#5 Aug 2, 2008
I was at the mayors town meeting May 2006 (2 years ago) where the homeowners in the Bland neighborhood stood in front of the mayor and the councilmen and some in tears, read from their paper how horrible the conditions were due to illegal aliens. Prostitution, property destroyed or trash everywhere, drug-dealers, thefts, fights and even they were coming into their yards and urination and defacating.

This is the first time I have heard about Bland Ave. being new to Shelbyville.

I was there and saw their distrought and pain.

Wonder why some keep trying to paint a different picture instead of the truth.

Oh btw the ones who don't see this, you don't work at Centro Latino or the Catholic ministries?

Is there really people who think that people are too stupid to read the news Sentinel will print about the gangs, the fights, the shootings, the robberies the illegal aliens are committing and connecting the dots? Oh, read the crime reports, most of them are committed by illegal aliens, not all but the majority. This majority needs to be taken back to their country.
Chylloh

United States

#6 Aug 2, 2008
Need out of Shelbyville wrote:
Why can't you believe things are this bad? When the mayor and chief of police openly ignore immigration laws we are bound to get the criminals. They wanted a sanctuary city and now they get to deal with the consequences. I just can't wait for the housing market to pick up so I can get my family OUT as soon as possible!
This is exactly what I am waiting for.
Allen

Louisville, KY

#7 Aug 18, 2010
Once again there are no Mexican or Latino gangs in Shelbyville.
The gang signs are from some bored ass kids who watched too much gangland on A&e @@
Get a grip people !!
amanda

Lexington, KY

#8 Aug 18, 2010
i just wonder what is going to happen next
Jon Smith

Lexington, KY

#9 Aug 18, 2010
Allen wrote:
Once again there are no Mexican or Latino gangs in Shelbyville.
The gang signs are from some bored ass kids who watched too much gangland on A&e @@
Get a grip people !!
Yes there are just like on TV and have you been to the simpsonville flea market lately? they own it, and if you open your fu@kin eyes you can see the tattoo's, they are clearly gang members and their bringing more and more with them from California especially, and new sets coming from arizona cause their the smart one's on this point. you get grip, probably some 400lb fat chic and she doesent want anyone talking about her 3' 6" drug dealer. you get a grip Scum!!!!
TRUTH BE KNOWN

Somerset, KY

#10 Aug 19, 2010
mister smith, you still are degrading and abusing women, by calling them fat and on a previous post by calling them bitches....mexicans work and they do send home money to suppoet thier families.they live in houses with dirt floors.yes they have tattos, but thier ARE NO GANGS IN SHELBYVILLE KY.NONE IN SIMPSONVILLE .thier are kids using spray paint cans tho..i think the mayor should do something about caucasian men who have tattoos they must be in gangs.i remember when mexicans didnt want welfare or food stamps, but shelby county like other towns wanted to keep them here so they opened up free clinics and made food stamps and wic available, this IS NOT THIER FAULT. in thier country they do not have food stamps or welfare.it is simply IF YOU DONT WORK THEN YOU DONT EAT.so once again SIR YOU ARE AN IDIOT.you spout bullshit from that rattletrap you call a mouth,when truthfully YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING. the mayor is not listening to you because he has seen and heard you and he knows what you are all about, trying to stir up trouble by screaming oh the mexicans are taking over, oh they are gonna kill us in our sleep with thier gangs, oh they are abusing our system, PULL YOUR PANTIES UP AND STOP ACTING LIKE A SCARED LITTLE GIRL.........
amanda

Lexington, KY

#11 Aug 19, 2010
well i can say that im with one and there are alot over here that shouldent be they need to go by the same rules that we do and yes the flemarket is full of them so they are still coming and there is nothing we can do about it i dont think what do you all think
i love life

Lexington, KY

#12 Aug 19, 2010
amanda wrote:
well i can say that im with one and there are alot over here that shouldent be they need to go by the same rules that we do and yes the flemarket is full of them so they are still coming and there is nothing we can do about it i dont think what do you all think
WHATS YOUR DUDES NAME JUAN?
Jon Smith

Lexington, KY

#13 Aug 19, 2010
i love life wrote:
<quoted text>
WHATS YOUR DUDES NAME JUAN?
LMFAO, SHe's Scum NUFF SAID
Jon Smith

Lexington, KY

#14 Aug 19, 2010
TRUTH BE KNOWN wrote:
mister smith, you still are degrading and abusing women, by calling them fat and on a previous post by calling them bitches....mexicans work and they do send home money to suppoet thier families.they live in houses with dirt floors.yes they have tattos, but thier ARE NO GANGS IN SHELBYVILLE KY.NONE IN SIMPSONVILLE .thier are kids using spray paint cans tho..i think the mayor should do something about caucasian men who have tattoos they must be in gangs.i remember when mexicans didnt want welfare or food stamps, but shelby county like other towns wanted to keep them here so they opened up free clinics and made food stamps and wic available, this IS NOT THIER FAULT. in thier country they do not have food stamps or welfare.it is simply IF YOU DONT WORK THEN YOU DONT EAT.so once again SIR YOU ARE AN IDIOT.you spout bullshit from that rattletrap you call a mouth,when truthfully YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING. the mayor is not listening to you because he has seen and heard you and he knows what you are all about, trying to stir up trouble by screaming oh the mexicans are taking over, oh they are gonna kill us in our sleep with thier gangs, oh they are abusing our system, PULL YOUR PANTIES UP AND STOP ACTING LIKE A SCARED LITTLE GIRL.........
Well since you are so informed and know everything, tell me and everyone else on here how come Jewish Hospital does not deliver babies anymore? seems like everyone knows the problem but you! so either you don't live here or you simply don't come out of your fu@king cave either way shut the fu@k up Wetba@k lover, we don't need your scummy ass around here either, you probably upset that something might be done and you cannot get your nasty ass apartments rented. FU@K OFF!!!
amanda

Lexington, KY

#15 Aug 19, 2010
no my man name is not juan
lisa

Lexington, KY

#16 Aug 19, 2010
well if you dont want the lispanics here why dont you call the ice on them and tell them that there are some hispanics here that dont need to be
Allen

Louisville, KY

#17 Aug 19, 2010
John Smith,sorry my friend but I am a man and just because people have gang tats does not mean they are in a gang.
People do that crap to try to scare other people into believing they are gang members.
I walk the streets of Shelbyville and never once have I encountered a gang of Mexicans, yes some sell drugs and lots of them like to fight, but that is their way of life.
And no I do not love Mexicans, but simply put, there are no Latino or Mexican gangs in Shelby County.
Intrigued

Jeffersonville, IN

#18 Aug 19, 2010
Allen wrote:
John Smith,sorry my friend but I am a man and just because people have gang tats does not mean they are in a gang.
People do that crap to try to scare other people into believing they are gang members.
I walk the streets of Shelbyville and never once have I encountered a gang of Mexicans, yes some sell drugs and lots of them like to fight, but that is their way of life.
And no I do not love Mexicans, but simply put, there are no Latino or Mexican gangs in Shelby County.
I wonder just how you people think gangs START?
By a group of boys or yes, even girls decideing one day to be known as one?

You are blind if you do not believe we have one forming here. All it takes is a group of kids that think they are bada**...
And no...people do NOT get Tattoos just so they can make other people believe they were/are in a gang. Your grasping for straws there if you believe that.

While Shelby County may not have a fully formed one, or even have any real noted issues with a local branch, we DID have a person robbed and I believe beat up on Washington Street months back, the suspects WERE Gang Memebers, and while they did not reside here, the fact remains, they WERE here.

Don't close your eyes my friend..don't try to place blindfolds over them or look through rose colored glasses. While I never had issues with them, and I lived around a lot of them, the kids today, the violence they bring is 10 times worse then when I grew up.

All it takes is a group of bored teens that form, and then another group and stake some so called imaginary Territory.

We been lucky thus far...
From a distance

Jeffersonville, IN

#19 Aug 19, 2010
TRUTH BE KNOWN wrote:
Odd,..the Apartments on Bland Ave have floors...
So did the house they lived in....

Ahhh, and finally, SOMEONE who admits that the problems we face of ILLEGAL immigrants are because of the DUMB WHITE people that are so open hearted that they allowed free clinics, helped provide housing and food and yes, even transportation! WOW, I am impressed!

So when in their language they call you dumb loco broad, and the men smooch at you everytime you pass or your daughter, and everytime they look you up and down and give you that come here look, you remember this...

The kind hearted people opened their doors for them, and all they get in return is knowing these men will bust their ass for a check and send the money back HOME to support their families and wives.

But hey..they'll take what they can get for free, and who could blame them? Right? I mean afterall

You said they live on dirt floors.

Do not get me wrong, there are many LEGAL hispanics here that have worked hard to become part of our community, who have busted their butts, and have taken the pledge, but there are way too many that are not, and in the end, do not care. Notice I said Legal and Illegal here before you get hyper, there is a difference. I simply do not think it fair for those that came here through legal channels, those who busted THIER asses to do so, to turn around and see others who get a pat on the back for walking in here Illegally.

But this arguement is old..and been played out over and over..so when in another 10 years, all the stores will be mainly convereted to Hispanic, as will most of the food, and to pay a simple bill, you'll need to be bi-lingual, you remember this...

They apparently slept on dirt floors, but your money and kindness helped. Thank you, in Spanish.
RabidRabbit

Louisville, KY

#20 Aug 21, 2010
Why waste the taxpayers money on something like "supposed" Mexican gangs when its the black biker gang selling the crack over in Martinsville.
Bring ICE in to do something about the illegal Mexicans and quit whining about it.
All of our councilpeople, mayor and magistrates are scared to do anything about the illegal problem.
It is up to us and us alone to end it !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Simpsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stripper who is it? 58 min lovebadgals 14
Jackleen Lane (Dec '13) 6 hr amy 30
My Zija XM+ Review - Does It Really Work? (Jun '12) 8 hr Smoochnoise 42
Where they at tho ?? (Girls) 9 hr Lol 1
Ku Klux Klan rally nearing 12 hr doa 16
jim brown auto sales louisville ky 13 hr kelley bowles 2
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 13 hr honeymylove 8,073
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Simpsonville Mortgages