Whos is the best auto parts store in shelbyville?

Posted in the Simpsonville Forum

Since: Sep 10

Carrollton, KY

#1 Mar 29, 2013
Carquest, autozone, advanced or oriellys?
ntu

United States

#2 Mar 29, 2013
oriellys
Been around the block

Mooresville, IN

#3 Mar 29, 2013
For the record, not to be a jerk, it's just that I get tired of correcting everyone about the spelling because I'm OCD I guess...

It's Advance without a D at the end. The idea in the name is that, to advance would be to improve where as advance(d) is past tense which would mean you've already improved/advanced. It says ADVANCE in big bold lit letters on the front of the building but no one ever reads it that way. If your automobile was already advanced there would be no reason to shop there. Think of it as "come inside lets advance your auto!" because you can't "advanced" your auto. Scotty was always the best there. I don't shop there anymore to know the names of anyone.

Anyway, personally Autozone has treated me more professionally in my years. This wasn't always the case but I will say, since they acquired the guy Roger (looks like Santa Claus kind of) the place has turned around. They are better at standing behind a warranty as a company than anyone else is and more people who work there are willing to help you solve your car problems rather than just jumping ship to sell you something. Not every person you meet there is going to be as I described but you can ask around and someone in there will be good to you. I like Roger, Dave (both of them) and a guy named Doug.

If you go to Oreillys Georgianne is a gem, treat her well and you will get the help you need.

I miss Chris at CARQUEST. Without him there its not the same but they do offer machine shop services if you let them take your engine parts to their Plantside drive facility. Drop it off in Shelbyville and pick it up again in Shelbyville. Where else you gonna get that? I can't tell you how many small block Chevy's I've sent off with them and been happy with the results.

Napa...I like Charles only. He should be a top dog at a better competitor like Autozone.

Bumper 2 Bumper, since they closed down the press shop in the back and not to mention even moved locations I'm not impressed. Sometimes I even forget they exist unless I'm going to White Castle or Ken-Tex and pass by there. Maybe you'd have better luck there than me but that's just where I'm at with them at this point.

Carrollton, KY

#4 Mar 29, 2013
NAPA closed today and sorry for the spelling lmao
Been around the block

United States

#5 Mar 30, 2013
Corvin wrote:
NAPA closed today and sorry for the spelling lmao
No problem buddy. Like I said its nothing personal just a little peeve I have. Thanks for understanding.

Since: May 13

Latham, NY

#6 May 1, 2013
If you are from Shelbhville Indiana or Kentucky, you can check out most trusty online dealer in US website here in Hiperformer site http://www.hiperformer.com/used_engines contains thousand of auto parts from 42 car model make company with genuine auto parts wrapped with warranty too.

Eminence, KY

#7 Aug 5, 2013
Dam Carquest is wheeling and dealing on stuff! Trying to beat prices of everyone in town! Maybe they are closing soon? I don't know, a few friends of mine have haggled a little with them and gotten far better parts for cheaper. LMAO!
Machello

Louisville, KY

#8 Aug 6, 2013
Car Quest has always been the best for me. Even though Chris is gone. Tom is gone too now (thank god). Zach is the new manager, good guy, knowledgeable.
Hmmm

Shelbyville, KY

#9 Aug 6, 2013
Oreillys has not 1 person that is worth anything anymore they had a lot of good help a cpl years ago but I guess they ran them off but when Georgianne left that place as manager and the younger guy josh left after her that place was all downhill basiclly I always used to go there no matter what but now its as if they don't really care if they sell u something or not kind of sad really

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Simpsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why did Wave 3 Kevin & Carrie harned get divorce? (Aug '13) 1 hr Geff 42
Any attractive single girls in shelbyville anym... 2 hr Darrel Darvos 4
Clerk 2 hr Eyes on You 1
Man charged with getting forged prescriptions 4 hr tony 1
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 4 hr honeymylove 7,942
watch out for sprint 4 hr Kramer 1
Joyce Greer 5 hr notcute 6
Simpsonville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web