Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Read more: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,765

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Read more

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#97868 Aug 1, 2014
Really miss everyone around here... Hope things improve with the ad problem ...
My "ladies" are doing fine... They are starting to follow me around the yard like the two outside cats and the dog. Quite the circus lol

Location hidden

#97869 Aug 1, 2014
Hey, just read that maybe if you try topix.net instead if topix.com things will be better... I have the topix phone app so I'm not having a problem..yet.

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#97876 Aug 4, 2014
Earl and Bob, both obsessed with baseball, never missed their favorite teamís game. They promised that, whoever died first and went to heaven, would come back to earth and tell the other if there was baseball in heaven.

One day, Earl died. Bob waited for him to come back.

Finally Earl did. He said to Bob. "I have good news and bad news. I'll tell you the good news first. There is baseball in heaven."

Bob said, "Thatís the best news!"

Then Earl said, "Time for the bad news! You're pitching tomorrow night!"

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

#97877 Aug 4, 2014
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in and out occasionally. I have no idea where everyone went. Last I saw on here, a lot where having trouble because of the pop up ads and such.
Odd to get on here a little while ago and notice that everyone is gone now.....
Come out, come out, wherever you are!!!
Some of us just hang around in the background, always enjoyed reading your posts.
Tollesboro Guy

Nicholasville, KY

#97878 Aug 4, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I am still around, just having trouble viewing the posts. It will show only the first few on a page and quit and then posting is almost impossible. Happy Birthday Leona.
I guess I am getting old and set in my ways. I don't even like the change in the layout. I was perfectly happy with clicking on "go to last page". Now, they have moved that up into its own "bar" with a forward and backward button. As long as it doesn't drive any of the wiser, old timers completely away.
I always log in whenever I see a message that someone has posted. I belong to 4 different technical forums, am a mod on one, but I like our little bird thread!
Tollesboro Guy

Nicholasville, KY

#97879 Aug 4, 2014
Gfm wrote:
I just downloaded an app from appel store called AdBlock Web browser. It seems to be blocking all the popups and ad"s I always get at the bottom of the page. It"s the best I have found so far. Its a browser so you will have to copy site addresses from the old browser into it then bookmark them in AdBlock Web Browser. Hope this helps someone.
I use AdBlock on my Chrome browser on my Samsung S5 smartphone and my desktop. It works very well, have not seen any ad in a long time. I was so used to Apple & iTunes it was difficult getting used to Google Play to download apps but they have as many, maybe more than iTunes. I really like my current setup, have not changed anything in over a month.

Thanks,

Rick
Hmmm

Jackson, KY

#97881 Aug 5, 2014
Jesse Venterua wrote:
Does anyone watch him ,Conspiracy Theories, he showed a weapon the Gov. has that uses sound waves to kill anything, They can bring down planes, buildings, anything, make earthquakes, I believe that's what it is , they are testing it on birds, fish etc.. before people. There's NO other explanation for it,I think he said another country, maybe Russia, I forget for sure,has it to.
I think its called the HARP maybe... You used to be able to find some vids on youtube about it but recently alot have been taken down.. Hmm....
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97895 Aug 15, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
Hey, just read that maybe if you try topix.net instead if topix.com things will be better... I have the topix phone app so I'm not having a problem..yet.
After 10 days with no posts, it would appear that more than just the birds are dead.
Owl

Belfry, KY

#97897 Aug 15, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
After 10 days with no posts, it would appear that more than just the birds are dead.
World events are now at an accelerating downward spiral...the militarized police at Ferguson, the Israeli aggression in Gaza, the standoff with Russia over the Ukraine, the Ebola pandemic scare, the Malaysian airlines crash, the opening of the borders for mass immigration, the rise of the Islamic state of ISIS...although seemingly unrelated, there is a common thread which runs through it all. The elite PTB are getting desperate and they are behind all of these events. The dollar is in decline and things are about to get very bad. But amidst all this chaos, order will be restored. The BRICS alliance, headed by Russia and China, will emerge victorious and the European Union will join them and NATO will dissolve as US hegemony comes to an end. Judgement day for Israel's crimes will then follow.
Would be nice to hear from Abeliever and OJG on what they think about all of this. So do you still think I'm a paranoid conspiracy nut even after a lot of what I had talked about 3 years ago is actually confirmed by what is currently happening.

Location hidden

#97900 Aug 15, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>After 10 days with no posts, it would appear that more than just the birds are dead.
Yeah, I know..miss you guys!! Hate you've had topix problems.
Big month, this month: birthday and anniversary! I've reached the age to get a cheap national parks pass! Lol. And, what's more, I stopped by the office and purchased it!

Location hidden

#97901 Aug 15, 2014
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>I guess I am getting old and set in my ways. I don't even like the change in the layout. I was perfectly happy with clicking on "go to last page". Now, they have moved that up into its own "bar" with a forward and backward button. As long as it doesn't drive any of the wiser, old timers completely away.
I always log in whenever I see a message that someone has posted. I belong to 4 different technical forums, am a mod on one, but I like our little bird thread!
Good evening, Tollesboro Guy! I'm old and set in my ways also and absolutely dread the time I have to get a new phone. Lol! Too much to learn !! Lol

I do wish the "old timers" would come back out of the woodwork.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97903 Aug 15, 2014
@Owl.. Conspiracies have existed since the beginning of humanity and will continue until the end of time. I recognize that all is not bad and that all is not good. An extreme focus on either catergory is not good for one's well being, both physically and mentally. The one end creates paranoa and a fearful state of events, while the other is an unrealistic view of the world in which we live.

As for the powers that be, in the end there is only one Power that I choose to follow and with that as my focus I choose not to be fearful but I also do not have my head buried in the sand attempting to hide from the evil that surrounds us daily. Lessor powers will fade into history like a feather in the wind.

I believe that OJG and Abeliever have found peace within their existence. I do keep in touch with OJG periodically via email. Good evening to all.
worried

Pikeville, KY

#97905 Aug 15, 2014
wow wrote:
Well if you go by the bible then it would mean the 7th seal has been broken and the end of times are near.If you by science there is a reasonable explaination for the birds dying.Myself I think there is something going on here that will end up being explained.I think it is strange how ever that dead birds in 3 states and dead fish being found on the shores.The crazy weather pattern,volcanic activity,earthquakes,tornados in the middle of winter.Makes you think.
That's some scary stuff
tootle

Bowling Green, KY

#97906 Aug 15, 2014
worried wrote:
<quoted text>That's some scary stuff
If you read the bible it tells about it
just passing thrue

Hyden, KY

#97908 Aug 16, 2014
don't know if to many is noticed but the bird are more this yr. than i have seen in a while. the red bird and the humming bird seems to be the leaders,i seen more this yr. of them than any other yr's before.
nature takes is course

Madisonville, KY

#97910 Aug 16, 2014
What about people falling dead everyday. Anyone thought about life cycles?Ö.Birds, fish, peopleÖ.our bodies don't live forever.
Survival of the fittest?
nature takes is course

Madisonville, KY

#97911 Aug 16, 2014
What about the humans that die everyday? It part of natures cycle. What kinda mess would we be in if there wasn't death at the end of natures cycles. Nature will take care of itself if we leave it alone. Survival of the fittest?
col

United States

#97912 Aug 16, 2014
Gross
Owl

Belfry, KY

#97914 Aug 17, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Owl.. Conspiracies have existed since the beginning of humanity and will continue until the end of time. I recognize that all is not bad and that all is not good. An extreme focus on either catergory is not good for one's well being, both physically and mentally. The one end creates paranoa and a fearful state of events, while the other is an unrealistic view of the world in which we live.
As for the powers that be, in the end there is only one Power that I choose to follow and with that as my focus I choose not to be fearful but I also do not have my head buried in the sand attempting to hide from the evil that surrounds us daily. Lessor powers will fade into history like a feather in the wind.
I believe that OJG and Abeliever have found peace within their existence. I do keep in touch with OJG periodically via email. Good evening to all.
Point well taken. Planting the seeds of truth and awareness was what I hoped to accomplish, unfortunately it did consume my entire well-being and zest for living. After a lengthy bout of depression, I too have found my peace finally. Thanks for the words of wisdom.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97915 Aug 18, 2014
Owl wrote:
<quoted text>
Point well taken. Planting the seeds of truth and awareness was what I hoped to accomplish, unfortunately it did consume my entire well-being and zest for living. After a lengthy bout of depression, I too have found my peace finally. Thanks for the words of wisdom.
You are so welcome. That has been my whole point over the course of this thread. Too much indulging in conspiracy theories and other negative issues can easily consume one's well-being and zest for life resulting in depression. And a state of depression can easily destroy one's physical health and even life itself.

Conversly, too much happy-go-lucky, giddiness, and foolish nonsensical play can leave one so dependant on an escape from reality that the slightest hint of reality can knock the wind out of their sails. Things they could normally just shrug off can take them right back to the same depressing results. I am glad you have found peace, but I would suggest that just finding peace is not sufficient and we must work daily to nurture and grow the peace within our existence. Good luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Simpsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
12 seconds of violating my privacy will cost yo... 2 hr promise 3
hilary drury 4 hr Unknown 1
Circuit Court Judge Olu Stevens 8 hr Right Wing 26
robbie ashcraft (Apr '12) 8 hr Hes a Loser 23
Married men not getting enough sex at home. (Dec '09) 10 hr Gaven 257
Married cheating women of Shelbyville or surrou... 10 hr John 6
News Rand Paul makes it official on website he's run... 10 hr barefoot2626 200
More from around the web

Simpsonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE