Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,726

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#89694 May 28, 2013
I spent the day honoring the 8 generaations of ancestors that I can trace, with the first coming from Ireland and his death at age 32 some 43 years prior to the American Revolution. Many have given the last full measure including some not even wearing uniforms.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#89695 May 28, 2013
When I think of those that have sacrificed all, I think of 14 year olds Addie Mae Collins, Cynthia Wesley, Carole Robertson, and 11 year old Denise McNair as well as 10 year old Sarah Collins that lost an eye.

All were on their way to Sunday School on September 15, 1963 with the lesson for the day to be "Love Thy Neighbor". At a minimum, I can speak out against hatred and bigotry,
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#89698 May 28, 2013
well shucks... they finally got around to deleting Country Hick's very first post on this thread. That post was a "fixture" after all this time. LOL
Dallas

Fort Lee, VA

#89699 May 28, 2013
It's raining frogs
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#89700 May 28, 2013
Dallas wrote:
It's raining frogs
Frog legs?
KHSAA baseball

Owensboro, KY

#89701 May 28, 2013
How long have y'all been commenting on this? Lol
OhioJeepGirl

Lenore, WV

#89702 May 28, 2013
Much love and ((((Big Hugs))))
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#89703 May 28, 2013
OhioJeepGirl wrote:
Much love and ((((Big Hugs))))
yaayayay!!!!!!!!!!miss hearing about you and your kids. i hope you are enjoying as nice weather as we are getting on this side of the state. hope you find time to chat with us all soon..... but i know how crazy life can get when you are taking care of so many things (boy do i know). you have kids just getting out of school while i have one big kid (lmao) going into school. hubby starts summer classes first week of june. stressed but super excited that he is finally going for it!

diddo on the hugs and once again it was great to see you stop in.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#89704 May 28, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B KPoHgKcqag
@ Betty, they just don't think sometimes. I hope, you realize I have one who loves me to pieces that acts the same way. But it resolves itself. Enjoy the video;) When I get pertrubed and hurt and, just can't understand...These songs liven my butt up;)
well apparently i have this personality flaw that makes me freak out and flare up about little things.... and apparently hubby has this personality flaw that makes him forget the little things.(at least that's my moms theory) my theory goes that its lucky we found each other because anyone else stuck with either of us would be hard pressed to survive. he is just a simple man and i am just high strung..... opposites attract lol. plus you show me a wife that has never done any wondering about their spouses mental stability....and i will show you a bold faced liar.

got my plate of homemade pulled pork and fried sweetcorn in front of my face right now..... all's well that ends well i suppose.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#89705 May 28, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Hope you all have a good day. Dad is still in the hospital. Not sure if they will let him go home. I have to work today, so my son is staying with him. I am exhausted, but life goes on.
that's true life does go on but when your in the moment, its hard to not feel like the world is ending. hope things start to look up for you soon. praying for you and all my topix people.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#89706 May 28, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
well shucks... they finally got around to deleting Country Hick's very first post on this thread. That post was a "fixture" after all this time. LOL

well then i guess i will just say "more birds fell today" and see if this one goes as well.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#89707 May 28, 2013
KHSAA baseball wrote:
How long have y'all been commenting on this? Lol
as long as you have been reading this i suppose....
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#89708 May 28, 2013
well guess im done talking o myself for a bit. time to get to cleaning the kitchen so i can turn around and dirty it back up tonight.
OhioJeepGirl

Lenore, WV

#89709 May 28, 2013
betty wrote:
<quoted text>
yaayayay!!!!!!!!!!miss hearing about you and your kids. i hope you are enjoying as nice weather as we are getting on this side of the state. hope you find time to chat with us all soon..... but i know how crazy life can get when you are taking care of so many things (boy do i know). you have kids just getting out of school while i have one big kid (lmao) going into school. hubby starts summer classes first week of june. stressed but super excited that he is finally going for it!
diddo on the hugs and once again it was great to see you stop in.
I miss you too! Topix freezes my computer to the point of having to restart. I lose a lot of research.=( Yep, the kiddos are out of school. My Taurus starts high school next year.

what is hubby going to take in school?

I have to change my master's and basically start over, but it is very well worth it. It will mean the difference of over $100K per year and will save credits needed for my PhD (and about $25K in educational costs). The best news is that I can still work remotely and not have to move to a city. Yay!!!! Needless to say, after I found out about the sign on bonus, yearly bonuses that are more than I make in 3 years, plus the regular paychecks...um, I danced around for days! Half the trailer court was ready to dance to
The Contours - Do You Love Me. I have no clue why it was that song that stuck in my head. LOL

It is HOT today over this way. The weather has been pretty good. A lot of rain last week and a bad storm that caused me to leave the trailer.

I am starting to get back into the swing of things. I should be able to stop in more often now. Well, unless I have too much research up that I do not feel like saving. My favorites is full and I am getting used to a great new research program that is a time saver, but I still do not want to pack it full of things I will only use once.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89710 May 28, 2013
Hey birdthreaders...Welcome back OJG. Great to see you post. Got to go back and read up from yesterday. BRB
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89711 May 28, 2013
HAARP wrote:
<quoted text>
...can create tornadoes and earthquakes
Hello Belie. Hope you are enjoying our great weather. Going to get hot again. Wonder how often HAARP is used. The weather is a trip. 3ft of snow in New York this weekend, more tornadoes and storms heading this way. I think Kentucky will be spared once it hits Kansas it seems to veer North. Fine by me. Let Ind/Ill/Ohio have it. Like I said, it always seems to hit the Ohio River and spare us. So grateful.

Tornadoes, thunderstorms loom again over much of US

A large section of the country - from Texas across the Plains and to the Midwest - was under at least a slight risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday, the National Weather Service’s Storm Prediction Center said.

Among the major cities in the line of fire were Kansas City, Chicago, Milwaukee and Des Moines, Iowa.

Tornadoes were also possible on Tuesday with clusters of severe storms forming from the Mexico border in Texas, northward to South Dakota and eastward as far as Pittsburgh, according to weather.com .
et more from weather.com

“The tornado threat seems highest from west-central Illinois west to Kansas, then southwest into west Oklahoma and northwest Texas,” Weather Channel meteorologist Kevin Roth warned.

Roth added that Oklahoma City - whose suburbs were devastated by tornadoes just over a week ago - was in the line of fire and could see more tornadoes Wednesday.

Thunderstorms producing 60 mph wind gusts and half-dollar-size hail bore down on parts of Colorado and Kansas on Tuesday morning, with the National Weather Service warning residents to take cover.
Parts of Interstate 70 in western Colorado were included in the warning area.

Those warnings came just an hour after nearly identical forecasts for parts of Missouri, with the weather service office in St. Louis saying damage to vehicles, crops, trees and housing exteriors was expected.

A flash-flood watch was in effect for northeast and central Missouri and parts of central Illinois, and a flood warning was issued for the La Moine River at Ripley, Mo.

The storm threat was predicted to continue through the week, with severe storms likely Wednesday and Thursday across the Plains and upper Midwest, Roth said.

The tornado threat was considered highest on Wednesday from southeastern Nebraska to north-central Texas.

On Thursday, tornado outbreaks were likely from the upper Mississippi Valley and eastern Dakotas south to central Oklahoma, Roth said.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/28/18...

Billie Holiday - Stormy Weather

REO Speedwagon - Ridin' The Storm Out *Live 1977*
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89712 May 28, 2013
betty wrote:
<quoted text>
lol........ would have traded time at a BBQ and memorial at the cemetery for the day i had in a heart beat. did stop at a car lot handing out hot dogs so i cant say i didn't score a free meal. was not a bad day after all i suppose, but still would have picked a BBQ and time with family had i been given a choice, poop duty is apparently less fun then normal when you know your soon to be unemployed hubby is chatting it up with the family and forgetting to pack you a plate. go figure lol. but im not bitter! oh no...not me...never.:)
but once again....my mom has come to the rescue and packed me a plate i just have to go get it tomorrow....love her.
moral of the story: hubby gets to live another day (yep...totally irrational) and i should learn to just calm it down a little before my eye twitches its self out of socket and not get so upset about such dumbness..... but there were a couple hours mid day that i was chanting in my head "its not worth the jail time....not worth it at all"
about the time i stopped off for the hotdog i stopped seeing red so im just going to blame it on the empty stomach. really i am thankful i have the time to worry over the trivial things. could have it so much worse.
hope everyone had a great memorial day.
Glad your Mom fixed you up. I love pulled pork. My favorite. Hilarious story we have (us women) have all probably experienced. They just don't think sometimes. lol Sure would of loved to seen you at the memorial. It was awesome.
OhioJeepGirl

Lenore, WV

#89713 May 28, 2013
My father shared this youtube with me:

It is from Britain's got talent. One of the best shadow shows I have seen. This Hungarian group based this show ona true story, which makes it more touching. Enjoy!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89714 May 28, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
When I think of those that have sacrificed all, I think of 14 year olds Addie Mae Collins, Cynthia Wesley, Carole Robertson, and 11 year old Denise McNair as well as 10 year old Sarah Collins that lost an eye.
All were on their way to Sunday School on September 15, 1963 with the lesson for the day to be "Love Thy Neighbor". At a minimum, I can speak out against hatred and bigotry,
Agreed. I seen where they were honored this past weekend. Sad day in America.

Hey, you are jumping back and forth from Nicholasville to Lexington. haha I can't jump back to Etown yet, but at least I am back in Kentucky. lol

I hope you had a great weekend.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89715 May 28, 2013
Fun & thrifty trips for all 50 nifty states

Mammoth Cave, Kentucky

In the rolling Kentucky Hills, you can trek deep into Mammoth Cave, the world's longest known cave system. More than 350 miles of the caves have been mapped, and there are still unexplored paths to be discovered. Tours take you from a quarter-mile to 5.5 miles in, showing you a new world of natural and historic wonders.

http://living.msn.com/family-parenting/fun-in...

Need a summer vacation destination?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Simpsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
door to door meat sales (Jan '13) 25 min joeschmo 63
Vicky Raisor 10 hr Santa Clause 1
Loserville Cardinals are about to be DESTROYED 14 hr ForumCommando 10
marcie vause ( marcia markert vause) and christ... 18 hr SHERRY sanglover 1
Black or Mexicans which are worse?? (Jan '13) 21 hr girl I like 43
Keshia Jackson Wed SMH 24
Police investigate Hispanic gang activity (Jul '08) Dec 20 Fed Up Again 43
Simpsonville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Simpsonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Simpsonville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Simpsonville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:29 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:29PM
Colts say they will be all business despite nothing to gain - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Breaking Down Colts' Game Plan vs. Titans
Bleacher Report 5:00 AM
Can't-Miss Picks and Matchup Guide
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"