Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,729

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#87444 Mar 16, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Get some rest! The UK game took my last energy.
I did get some sleep. I have to work 8am to 5pm today, and 9am to 8pm tomorrow, so I need MUCH more sleep!! Oh well. No rest for the weary.
So true

Morgantown, KY

#87445 Mar 16, 2013
Happy Saturday all... Hope it is as nice out today as yesterday ... Such a blessed day, the only thing that could have beat it was settin on a porch swing with the one ya love , sipping Ice tea !! Y'all have a good one...

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#87446 Mar 16, 2013
Good morning, my fine feathered friends. The sun is shining and the temperature is expected to reach 70 degrees. What more could you ask for? It's a fine Kentucky morning, with spring just right around the corner.\@Roaming: I know exactly how you feel. I worked weekends for many years, pulling in overtime hours. Since it was at my discretion, I used to start my work week on Sunday, and hoped to wrap up my clinical visits by late Friday afternoon. I eventually got used to it, and I really did enjoy working with my patients. I still regret having to retire early because of disability. But time waits for no one, and we cannot roll back the years.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87448 Mar 16, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I see at the top of this thing that PCH is touting to win $3 million for your dream home. I just don't dream that big and am quite happy with my little cottage in the boondocks. I don't need or want that much money, so I won't enter or play the lottery. The more one has, the more there is to worry and fret over and a "dream home" could easiy become a nightmare where Dog is not even welcome.
I agree with you on that assessment. LOL. That dream home and taxes that come with it can belong to someone else. Me, I'll take a cabin in the mountains by a creek.Hehe. nice day to you and Dog. It's lovely today...

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#87449 Mar 16, 2013
old sparky wrote:
<quoted text>yea ,...i guess
you just saw the old movie ''Jeremiah Johnson"
Ha-ha!!! No, it has been many years, since I saw that one, but I do remember it well! I hope you enjoy these little jokes, and I hope that you have a wonderful day, every day, my friend!!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#87450 Mar 16, 2013
Oh I know how beautiful it was out today. You all went out there in it...didn't you?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87451 Mar 16, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you on that assessment. LOL. That dream home and taxes that come with it can belong to someone else. Me, I'll take a cabin in the mountains by a creek.Hehe. nice day to you and Dog. It's lovely today...
I had a great day working outside expanding my tool shed and putting a new metal roof over both the old shed and the addition. I only fell off the roof once LOL Actually, I just slid down the 16 feet metal incline and stopped at the ground level about 2 feet off the ground. A home-made sliding board. LOL

My cottage is not in the mountains but I do have a creek out in front. There are hills all around and adjacent to 600 acres of forest land. Lots of deer, turkey, and rabbits around here. I am blessed. All you folk have a good evening. This old man is going to get a shower and recline in the bed and watch tv and/or eyelids.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#87452 Mar 16, 2013
So, wasup people, everyone seems chilled and laid back, cool. March wind here all day, but nice and warm and sunny. Next month we get the rains, then it's smooth sailing for summer. Just checking in so ya'll have a good afternoon, later.
COPENHAGEN

Fall River, WI

#87453 Mar 16, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
So, wasup people, everyone seems chilled and laid back, cool. March wind here all day, but nice and warm and sunny. Next month we get the rains, then it's smooth sailing for summer. Just checking in so ya'll have a good afternoon, later.
Its colder than a nuns backside outside..

What you talkin about willis?
this byrd has flown

Lexington, KY

#87454 Mar 16, 2013
swiiiiiish
UHaul Paul

Frankfort, KY

#87456 Mar 16, 2013
I'm gonna move this topic off this site because it's old and outdated. Have a good one.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87457 Mar 16, 2013
Uhaul is only for moving one's personal property, so go ahead and move your part. The rest of us old and outdated posters will still be right here doing old and outdated things like letting the dog out to the tree. Good night/day to you.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87458 Mar 16, 2013
A large Crane or Heron flew over the homestead while I was working on my tool shed. It was a magnificent sight with it's long wing span. I suppose it came from the river that is about a mile away. I enjoy watching all the CREATOR's critters and I am blessed to be able to share my space. Others can have town or city dwelling, that is just not for me.
Just me

United States

#87459 Mar 17, 2013
Is this post about the birds anymore?
so true

Morgantown, KY

#87460 Mar 17, 2013
Happy day to all...

We will meet again my friend,
A hundred years from today
Far away from where we lived
And where we used to play.

We will know each others' eyes
And wonder where we met
Your laugh will sound familiar
Your heart, I won't forget.

We will meet, I'm sure of this,
But let's not wait till then...
Let's take a walk beneath the stars
And share this world again.

Ron Atchison

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#87461 Mar 17, 2013
Hey! Where'd my nice weather go?
Darn it!

Location hidden

#87462 Mar 17, 2013
BIG_STEVIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha-ha!!! No, it has been many years, since I saw that one, but I do remember it well! I hope you enjoy these little jokes, and I hope that you have a wonderful day, every day, my friend!!
I am a great fan of your cute little jokes...keep them coming. Life has many downturns, and most of us have experienced tragedy of one sort or another. So reading your light-hearted jokes reminds us that we need to laugh once in awhile, and not take ourselves too seriously.

Location hidden

#87463 Mar 17, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
A large Crane or Heron flew over the homestead while I was working on my tool shed. It was a magnificent sight with it's long wing span. I suppose it came from the river that is about a mile away. I enjoy watching all the CREATOR's critters and I am blessed to be able to share my space. Others can have town or city dwelling, that is just not for me.
The Rolling Fork River borders a portion of the backside of our farm, and we have a fairly large pond as well. Our resident blue heron makes regular trips to the pond and the adjacent horse paddock. They are magnificent, aren't they! The wingspan on the heron is huge. Reminds me of a prehistoric pterodactyl. The first time that I saw it, I got scared because I didn't know what it was. Over the years, that heron got used to seeing us, and we are able to approach it to within a few feet. Absolutely beautiful...I am Blessed to live here. We've been here for 15 years, but I'm sorry that I did not investigate coming here in our younger days.

Location hidden

#87464 Mar 17, 2013
Good morning everyone. It's overcast with light drizzle coming from the clouds, but it is warm. Spring is right around the corner. I'm sure that winter has not yet had its last gasp but we will be experiencing more and more benign days until the sun breaks through with all its glory. I absolutely love springtime in Kentucky. The magnolias will be blossoming and the tulip tree in the front yard is absolutely beautiful, when in full bloom. Enjoy the day, my fine feathered friends, and I will pop in when I can. Great big lovin' hugs from Lala.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87465 Mar 17, 2013
Good morning bird threaders.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Hope you all got out and enjoyed the 70 degree weather. Now they have to use those two "S" words and put us under a Winter Mix Advisory. Ole man winter just won't give up! haha Luckily, it looks like it hit the river and delivered the white stuff on the Indiana side. Fine by me. We have had some of the other "s" word pinging off the windows. I guess it will be a stay indoors kind of day. I don't have to go anywhere today and I probably won't.

Glad to see Hempburn dropped in to let us know he was okay and now we just need to hear from Blue and the bird threaders will be accounted for.

I hope "Nope" is feeling okay. Didn't see her on the post yesterday. I hope everyone is feeling great and looking forward to the Spring flowers blooming like lala described. Not to mention more BIRDS. I had a yard full of them when I opened the door. Big fat robins. Oh yeah, heard a ton of tree frogs last night when I came home. It was awesome it was so loud. Beautiful day, beautiful night.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Simpsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spencer Magnet 4 min Elk Creeker 8
Spencer County Politics (Feb '14) 9 min Elk Creeker 24
Anybody else been molested and liked it? (Nov '13) 20 min SandraLuv2 5
door to door meat sales (Jan '13) 38 min joeschmo 65
Shelly Lewis 1 hr im his friend 4
Samantha white 2 hr Real talk 2
KFC yum! center 3 hr REDRAGE 34
Simpsonville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web