Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,724

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#86914 Mar 4, 2013
Batman delivers suspect to police
(ABC NEWS)-- An unidentified man dressed as Batman brought a suspected burglar to justice last week, delivering the suspect to police on Feb. 25 before he disappeared into the night.

Police in Bradford, England, released photographs of last week’s caped crusader, dressed in a sweatshirt and cape that approximates the powder-blue costume the Dark Knight wore in the 1960s.

“The person who brought the wanted man into the station was dressed in a full Batman outfit. His identity, however, remains unknown,” a police spokesman told the Guardian newspaper.

Per British law, the suspect’s identity has not been made public, but he has been charged with burglary, fraud and breaching a court order

http://www.whas11.com/news/world/Batman-deliv...

funny stuff
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#86915 Mar 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Phone is gone again. I bet the telemarketers hate that LOL I would drop the land line too but I don't think it is very cost effective to drive 4 or 5 miles to get a cell phone signal.
LOL I have argued with AT&T since I ordered the cells for the kids and I. Service stinks in my area and these phones just became a very expensive toy. I started at $240 per month and it has lowered after every complaint. I now have a $109 monthly bill and I am ready to give them hell over that as well. Ha ha ha This one rep explained that I could download an app that would give me 5000 feet of service from my router...um, the point of cell phones was to be able to call home when AWAY from home!!!
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#86916 Mar 4, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Good morning bird threaders. I am happy to see a familiar name I missed posting...OJG, yay, she's back.
betty, you are so right about that road and the ignorance of a circle in Rineyville and the 313 extension to Brandenburg was a real waste as well.
AW, I see you are back in Lexington but still avoiding those telemarketers. haha
Misty-eyed, I know that was a short time with you and your partner, now he is off again. I hope he isn't going to go far or be gone long.
lala, I would always jump off a diet for some cookies. lol Right now it is Girl Scout cookie time. I just got my Thin Mints, Tagalongs, and Samoas yesterday. ummmm
"Nope", don't know what to think of that eye, lol. It reminds me of a rupaul drag queen made up eye. hahaha I think I like the owl or bird eye. Just saying. hahaha
Rapid, what's cooking today? Hope you are going to stay with us as a bird peep.:)
Hempburn, Imposter, where are you? We miss you.
I hope everyone enjoys the day. The sun is shining, but still very cold. Birds are out singing like it is Spring though. Won't be long.
(((Hugs)))

Oh the mint cookies! Certainly my favorite.

I hope Hempburn returns. Does Hope still post?

Now that I must be at the computer almost daily I can get caught back up with the thread. It is a great excuse to take a break. LOL

OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#86917 Mar 4, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
Word to the birders. Looks like all is going well and even OJG has drifted back. Been spending more time with my hobbies and such. Don't think you can get rid of me this easily, I'm still slithering in the background. Ya'll take care, later.
(((Hugs)))
Awesome! Glad you are still here.
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#86918 Mar 4, 2013
betty wrote:
<quoted text>
65 south shut down aain right now... another five vehicle incident, same spot......
never hated being right so much in my life...hope everyone is ok they saying at least one person was airlifted
(((Hugs)))
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#86919 Mar 4, 2013
betty wrote:
Batman delivers suspect to police
(ABC NEWS)-- An unidentified man dressed as Batman brought a suspected burglar to justice last week, delivering the suspect to police on Feb. 25 before he disappeared into the night.
Police in Bradford, England, released photographs of last week’s caped crusader, dressed in a sweatshirt and cape that approximates the powder-blue costume the Dark Knight wore in the 1960s.
“The person who brought the wanted man into the station was dressed in a full Batman outfit. His identity, however, remains unknown,” a police spokesman told the Guardian newspaper.
Per British law, the suspect’s identity has not been made public, but he has been charged with burglary, fraud and breaching a court order
http://www.whas11.com/news/world/Batman-deliv...
funny stuff
Cute and interesting!

Break over. Will check back later on.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86920 Mar 4, 2013
OhioJeepGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
(((Hugs)))
Oh the mint cookies! Certainly my favorite.
I hope Hempburn returns. Does Hope still post?
Now that I must be at the computer almost daily I can get caught back up with the thread. It is a great excuse to take a break. LOL
Hey girl, so glad to see you back. I'd be happy to share my mint cookies, I always get extra mints and freeze them. Hempburn stopped in earlier to let us know he is still kicking and what he is up to, and yes, hope is still posting, I call him "Belie" now (his anagram for me) instead of Sybil. lol

Hope you are all settle in and things are going great. I have missed reading your posts. Hope missed your debates too.:)

Seen this a couple days ago. Thought of you and your babies.:)

Published on Mar 1, 2013
Have you seen the screaming goat videos!? They are hilarious. But we think this goat sliding on ice is pretty awesome too.

Goat slides on thin ice

Best Goat Edition Compilation - Top 10 - Screaming Goat Songs
Published on Feb 26, 2013

too funny. Enjoy, have a great night. Love, hugs, and blessings to you and yours.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86921 Mar 4, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
Word to the birders. Looks like all is going well and even OJG has drifted back. Been spending more time with my hobbies and such. Don't think you can get rid of me this easily, I'm still slithering in the background. Ya'll take care, later.
Hi Hempburn, glad you dropped in to check in. lol

How's little biscuit?

Have you been seeing the preview tease of Revolution they started a month before it returns. Damn them. lol Looking forward to getting back to the story.

Enjoy your hobbies and "such" lol. Keep us posted and take care yourself.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86922 Mar 4, 2013
betty wrote:
<quoted text>
65 south shut down aain right now... another five vehicle incident, same spot......
never hated being right so much in my life...hope everyone is ok they saying at least one person was airlifted
What is up with 65? It is crazy huh? Just seen this clip on WLKY32:

Raw aerials: Crash closes I 65 in Elizabethtown

Read more: http://www.wlky.com/news/local-news/kentucky-...

What a way to start the work week for those that have to travel that way. It is getting as bad as Dixie Dieway. Still haven't heard what caused it.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86923 Mar 4, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<--- I decided to just go back to my "old" eyeball....
(Is everyone comfy with this one now)??
ROFLMBO!!!
I'll post my howdy do's and updates later on this evening. I've got 'thangs ta do' right now. Have a great day everyone! God bless each of you in your daily travels and/or chores!!
haha your eyeball is missing..lol That sounds funny. Just the generic dude avatar. Hope you get your chores done soon and post it. Don't keep us in suspense. Nothing evil I hope. Scary maybe, rupaul...nah. haha Just kidding. I like your big bird eyes you have had. It is a BIRD thread.:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86924 Mar 4, 2013
I65 still closed southbound lanes, detour to 31W to Exit 91 in Elizabethtown back to I65. Vehicles have been removed, major backup, but they still haven't said what happened. I feel sorry for the trucker with the van on his semi's front end.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86925 Mar 4, 2013
Hempburn, have you heard of this at your BBQs? I never have but I am going to try it this year. Especially when we go to the lake or river.

Am I the only person who hasn't heard of "cooler corn"?

As an obsessive food nerd, you'd expect that I would have at least heard of it, but over the weekend I was blind-sided by the simple genius of this method for cooking loads of corn on the cob perfectly.

I was hepped to it while visiting my family. Short story: We like corn on the cob. And with eight adults at the table, that means a couple of dozen ears. We would have used the lobster pot to cook them all, but the lobster pot was busy steaming lobster. "Let's do cooler corn!" Before I can ask "what the hell is cooler corn?" a Coleman cooler appears from the garage, is wiped clean, then filled with the shucked ears. Next, two kettles-full of boiling water are poured over the corn and the top closed.

Then nothing. When we sat down to dinner 30 minutes later and opened it, the corn was perfectly cooked. My mind was blown. And I'm told that the corn will remain at the perfect level of doneness for a couple of hours.

Turns out, Cooler Corn is pretty well known among the outdoorsy set But for those of us who avoid tents as much as possible, it's perfect for large barbecues and way less of mess than grilling. In fact, I may even buy another cooler just so I'm ready for next summer. Now that I'm in the know.

Just add Perfect Spice www.perfectspice.com when applying the butter!

PERFECT SINCE 1987

The Perfect Spice was specially formulated by the makers of Kentucky Fried Chicken's "secret herbs and spices" in honour of Mr. Bob Cauley (upon his retirement after some 35 years as Executive Vice President at Kentucky Fried Chicken). And yes, he did know the Colonel.

Perfect on steaks, chops, chicken, fish, soups, salads and even makes a great ceasar!

Some really good recipes on that site. Haven't tried the spice, but I will look for it.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86926 Mar 4, 2013
Off to get dinner on the table. Pork tenderloin on bun, homemade frech fries, homemade cole slaw. Then I will get the chili for the crock pot ready for overnight slow cooking for tomorrow.

Have a good evening. Might check back later and see if any of you are on. Meanwhile, here are some cute dog stories:

Seen this on the news or Today Show yesterday and today it is on Godvine...

Cute Family of Pugs Go Sledding in the Backyard

The only thing cuter than a pug going sledding is a FAMILY of pugs going sledding! Watch as these cuties play in a winter wonderland, it's adorable.

http://www.godvine.com/Cute-Family-of-Pugs-Go...

Love how dogs save humans all the time.

Dog Saves Girl In Poland: Canine Reportedly Kept Missing 3-Year-Old Alive In Freezing Temperatures (VIDEO)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/04/dog-...

Has several dog saving news stories in the video.

Then I seen this one on Godvine while I was watching the snow pugs. haha

It amazes me how people are frolicking and interacting with animals that could rip them to shreds in a blink of an eye....another one about lions. Love the big cats too.

38 Wild Lions Shockingly Accept One Man as Part of Their Pride

When you see what Kevin Richardson is able to do with these graceful, powerful creatures, you simply won't believe it! A pride of lions has accepted him as one of their own, enjoying his company like a brother! Unbelievable!

http://www.godvine.com/38-Wild-Lions-Shocking...

Have a good evening everyone.:)
Sling Blade

Winchester, KY

#86927 Mar 4, 2013
Horse meat found in taco bell meals? Burger king? Hamburger meat in quality stores? Etc. makes me wonder what people like me have been buying from discount food stores!!??? Does your potted meat and beef stew taste finny latley?
Another disturbing thought, where is all this horse meat coming from? Are they slaughtering wild horses again?!!
WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE!

qwerty

United States

#86928 Mar 4, 2013
Monday Night

Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain, then rain after midnight. Low of 36F. Winds from the ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80% with rainfall amounts near 0.2 in. possible.

Tuesday

Overcast with rain. High of 46F. Winds from the South at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80% with rainfall amounts near 0.3 in. possible.

Tuesday Night
Overcast with snow and rain. Low of 30F. Winds from the West at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 60%.

Wednesday

Overcast with a chance of snow, then a chance of snow and rain in the afternoon. High of 37F with a windchill as low as 19F. Breezy. Winds from the NW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 50%.

Wednesday Night
Mostly cloudy in the evening, then overcast. Low of 28F. Winds from the NNW at 5 to 10 mph.

Thursday

Overcast.
Fog early. High of 45F. Winds from the NNW at 5 to 10 mph.

Thursday Night

Clear in the evening, then partly cloudy. Low of 23F. Winds from the NNE at 5 to 10 mph.

Friday
Partly cloudy in the morning, then clear. High of 46F. Winds from the NNE at 5 to 10 mph.

Friday Night

Clear. Fog overnight. Low of 27F with a windchill as low as 21F. Winds from the ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday Partly cloudy. High of 59F. Winds from the East at 5 to 15 mph.

Saturday Night

Mostly cloudy. Low of 45F. Winds from the East at 5 to 10 mph.

Sunday

Partly cloudy. High of 59F. Winds from the SE at 5 to 10 mph.

Sunday Night

Partly cloudy. Low of 41F. Winds from the SE at 5 to 10 mph.

Monday
Overcast with a chance of rain. High of 55F. Breezy. Winds from the South at 10 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 60% with rainfall amounts near 0.3 in. possible.

Monday Night

Overcast with a chance of rain. Fog overnight. Low of 43F. Winds from the SW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70% with rainfall amounts near 0.4 in. possible.

Tuesday
Mostly cloudy. High of 52F. Winds from the WSW at 5 to 15 mph

Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy. Low of 36F. Winds from the WSW at 5 to 10 mph.

Wednesday

Clear. High of 52F. Winds from the West at 5 to 10 mph.

Wednesday Night

Clear. Low of 37F. Winds less than 5 mph.

Thursday
Partly cloudy. High of 52F. Winds less than 5 mph.

Thursday Night
Partly cloudy. Low of 39F. Winds less than 5 mph.

Friday
Clear. High of 52F. Winds less than 5 mph.

Friday Night
Clear. Low of 39F with a windchill as low as 14F. Winds from the NW at 5 to 10 mph.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#86929 Mar 4, 2013
chocolate and mint goes together just about as well as garlic and strawberries. LOL
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86931 Mar 4, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<--- I decided to just go back to my "old" eyeball....
(Is everyone comfy with this one now)??
ROFLMBO!!!
I'll post my howdy do's and updates later on this evening. I've got 'thangs ta do' right now. Have a great day everyone! God bless each of you in your daily travels and/or chores!!
where is it ? " EYE" can't see it ! Invisable eah , your freak'n me out again ! heehee
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86932 Mar 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
chocolate and mint goes together just about as well as garlic and strawberries. LOL
I have to agree, and garlic makes my feet stank !! haha!
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#86933 Mar 4, 2013
Sling Blade wrote:
Horse meat found in taco bell meals? Burger king? Hamburger meat in quality stores? Etc. makes me wonder what people like me have been buying from discount food stores!!??? Does your potted meat and beef stew taste finny latley?
Another disturbing thought, where is all this horse meat coming from? Are they slaughtering wild horses again?!!
WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE!
yes the horsemeat market is back. not wild ones though, domestic . all the unwanted culls. supposed to be shiping it out to spain and other euoropean countries. stock yards auctioning then by the pound. heard on news some thing about it showing up in burger and such. not done any research on it yet, but don't worry, we will !
Mike

Los Angeles, CA

#86934 Mar 4, 2013
There is no need to digress any further

My prediction 3/4/2013 THE WORLD IS GOING TO END TONIGHT at 10:00 PM eastern time of a Massive earthquake worldwide the whole planet will shake violently from an 15.0 earthquake Bye Bye everyone this is the end :-))

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Simpsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris Rodgers (Jan '13) 2 hr Crazy Steve 21
Daron Dugle (May '14) 5 hr lol 13
Jessica Mendoza 5 hr lol 5
desirae barker 5 hr Yolo 10
Tasha Ringer (Dec '11) 5 hr Wtf 21
travis jamison? 6 hr TravisJamison 2
Louisville Cardinals vs Kentucky Wildcats Dec 2... 7 hr Oh No He Did Not 2
Simpsonville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web