More on Chappells

There are 1 comment on the Random Connections story from Feb 20, 2013, titled More on Chappells. In it, Random Connections reports that:

My how time flies. Hard to believe that it's been two years since Alan and I first explored the ghost town of Chappells, SC.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Random Connections.

Ed Calvert

Olympia, WA

#1 Mar 5, 2013
Walked the roads of Chappells barefooted for years Lived there from 42 to 59 Went to the school till it closed and then went to Silverstreet fro a year then hitchiked to 96 for the last 3 years

Mr. Bashay had a liquor store down main street and thik ther was one more business on the corner

Best place to hang out was Mr Wertz gas station he had a rac so you could work on your mufflers also hang around at lunch time and eat beans and saltines with the pulp wood workers under the shade trees.

Mr Grogan was the town barber at least use to cut our hair lived next to school that had outhouse in center field and one in right field did finally get inside bathrooms around 52 or so

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Silverstreet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I(E)rvings’ Matriarch Died Heartbroken Over Fam... Apr 25 Drt 2
News James Brown FOIA case heads to Aiken Apr 14 Mary Anne 1
Fireworks or Explosions Feb '16 mare1102 1
Andrew Harrah Jan '16 Alex 1
Adoption Search Jan '16 CandaceM 1
South Carolina Bottle & Whitmire Museum (Jul '15) Jul '15 mariamcmurtury 1
Review: Little River Baptist Church (May '13) May '13 Ms V Kilgore 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Silverstreet Mortgages