Bremerton man killed in Silverdale traffic stop identified

Jul 26, 2010 Full story: Kitsap County

The Kitsap County Sheriff's office released Netter's name after family had been notified.

Full Story
Dominick zuniga

United States

#1 Jul 28, 2010
Deadly force training! Well they need more! Military members at war have more respect for rules of combat and the use of deadly force! Police officers feel that they are right regardless, there jobs are to protect and serve not be judge and juror! My prayers go out to John and gayle and Mathews children! Policemen and women are very important in our community to keep control! Deadly force is a serious matter! We will see what the video footage shows eventually and I hope he followed his training directly! I am in no way bashing the police force in any way, some people no matter what there profession is should not be put in deadly situations, people die over perception and that is not ok! Training training training!
Concerned

Seattle, WA

#2 Jan 25, 2011
PERCEPTION....... Interesting word! I wonder if you were a police officer who just made a traffic stop on an individual with a history of criminal behavior (which by the way would be displayed when the plates were run and the registered owner of the vehicle is displayed on the laptop in the patrol vehicle)then approached the vehicle to find a cocked weapon being openly displayed on the seat next to the occupant within reach a Perceived Threat? If you answer anything other than yes to that question your either ignorant, in denial, or lying. IMHO of coarse. The bottom line is the kid drove under the influence, was pulled over, had a weapon displayed and was shot. That's life! Make better choices! It's a tragedy there's no doubt, however things may have been different if he had been obeying the laws that are meant to keep us all safe. Including the Police men and women who so selfishly lay their lives on the line for us each and everyday!
max

Bremerton, WA

#3 Jan 28, 2011
my daughter wanted to be a cop they are killing them this really make a mother fearful of any of her kids doing this job. we need to start helpping our cops pay and wear vest to keep them a live.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Silverdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing Wash. girl's dad had previous molestati... Sep 27 missunknown 2
What's wrong with the Silverdale Beach Hotel? Sep 26 John 2
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Sep 22 Go Blue Forever 719
Review: Vape N Smoke (Mar '14) Aug '14 Scot 5
detox, getting clean. HELP Aug '14 Helper 1
Review: B Plus Retro And More Video Games (Sep '13) Jun '14 Bplus Retro and M... 3
Casey Kasem family fight continues at home in S... Jun '14 amw 1

Silverdale News Video

Silverdale Jobs

Silverdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Silverdale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Silverdale

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]