State raises fees to visit parks

The California State Parks Department announced Thursday a new fee schedule for the state's beleaguered parks. Full Story
Cedric

Grand Prairie, TX

#1 Aug 14, 2009
Thanks Democrats!
the Duke of Fort Monroe

Norfolk, VA

#2 Mar 9, 2010
Where do you people of Silverado stand on the idea of Army Base Fort Monroe being converted into a national historic park!?
Carlitos Way

Pleasanton, CA

#3 Mar 9, 2010
Too much overhead at these parks. Why do we need it staffed with 45 year old cub scouts in full uniform? This wacked state is taking away the one and only resource that made all the BS tolerable. Open the damn gates for free, put out garbage cans and let volunteers manage them. No reason to whip out the atm card just to dip your toes in the lake.
Mike

Hayward, CA

#4 Mar 10, 2010
We own the parks and to increase the fees we make it less avalible to the less fortunate. If the parks cant be avalible to all, we shouldnt have them.

I love the idea of putting out garbage cans and letting the volunteers manage them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Silverado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
XsunX Reports Commercial Solar Systems Sales In... Thu karland 3
Suspected con man sought in reported paving scam (Apr '09) Jan 28 Casey Stacey 60
Border-crossers should stay in Texas, a Califor... (Jul '14) Jan 27 funny 7
Review: AdCom8 Jan 25 Brianjohnson 1
Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Jan 19 Dave 4,811
Review: MyZipPlumbers.com - Find the Top 5 Plum... Jan 17 Jamestheduke21 1
Review: Lifestory Occasions Jan 13 jennym 1

Silverado News Video

Silverado Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Silverado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance