Fatal Train Accident in Wyoming County

Fatal Train Accident in Wyoming County

There are 107 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Aug 3, 2007, titled Fatal Train Accident in Wyoming County. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

This story is happening now. State Police are investigating a fatal train accident in Silver Springs, in Wyoming County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Taylor

Buffalo, NY

#22 Aug 4, 2007
I'm over at my friends house right now when I heard about this accident I felt really bad about what had happened. Knowing him to be sarah's uncle he must have been a really kind and generous person.
Sarah Jessica

Buffalo, NY

#23 Aug 4, 2007
it's really bad for what had happend ,when my aunt found out it was by television and it was about her son and i know it was hard to reach my aunt because she has a different last name but she shouldn't of found out by television

tonight we are all praying that he makes it to Heaven safely and i ask you to join us
Jamie VanHorn

Auburn Hills, MI

#24 Aug 5, 2007
This truck driver is my brother, I was at the scene and I did talk to the investigator have seen the evidence and I can tell you that he was not stuck on the tracks and he didn't know the train was there. I was on the phone with him when the impact happend I know he didnt know.I thank everyone who has sent there sympathy. I do wish though everyone would stop saying the rumors and if you dont know dont say, thank you! ALVIN WE ALL LOVE YOU AND ARE GOING TO MISS YOU MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW!
aunt flo

Annapolis, MD

#25 Aug 5, 2007
i want to thank everyone that sent their condolances. i was alvin's aunt which we knew him as booper since he has been born. i loved him and his brother jamie very much booper called me every week and told me he loved me even when i had throat surgery aqnd couldn't talk he would leave the message on my answering machine so that i would know that he was thinking of me. i believe in my heart that when he threw his hands up in the air that it was jesus taking him to heaven. he will always know how much i loved him
God

Scottdale, PA

#27 Aug 5, 2007
there is always one ass......
It's a shame that your life is so pathetic that you get your jollies from others tradgedy.
aunt flo

Annapolis, MD

#28 Aug 5, 2007
i think youare an idiot to have posted such a response. think of what the family is going through. you didn't know what a beautiful and caring person he was. remember what goes around comes around. i hope that you or any of your family members have to go through what we are going through now. think before you write or use what brain you have before doing something like this again.
Katrinavitch

Washington, DC

#30 Aug 5, 2007
May tragedy never touch your life...Not a time for humor as you may find out sometime...heartless for sure!!!!!!
Katrinavitch

Washington, DC

#31 Aug 5, 2007
To Aunt Flo..my prayers are with you and your family at this time...we suffered a loss of a son several years ago...only time can help!!! God Bless.
Jennifer Kessler

Orrington, ME

#33 Aug 5, 2007
Alvin was a dear friend of mine, he was a sweet, kind and a very caring man. I can't believe this has happened, i will forever miss him. He had an amazing smile and a heart of gold. My condolances to Alvin's family as i know this will never be easy. Like my friend Jane (alvin's aunt) said "now Alvin is with his #1 girl his grandma". That is the only good that could ever come out of this. Alvin, I will never forget you or the frienship we had. I love you and miss you so much already
alvin van horn sr

Johnsonburg, PA

#34 Aug 5, 2007
i am alvin,s father my son was a very caring person with a very big heart that loved life
and driving his truck. it is very sad that i also had to find out about my sons death on the news. the investigator in the case has my deepest respect as when jamie and i went to the accident scene he was very compassionate and caring man. my hats off to investigator neeley of the new york state police in warsaw,
new york. also thank almost all of you for your comments and condolences as for choo-choo
would you like to say that to my face i would have a very good answer to you as would my son jamie and my sister aunt flo. and as jamie has said you need the facts. it was very hard to find out on the channel 4 news that your son has been killed in an accident as horrific as this. anyone that has any info on this crossing and the others that i seen while at the scene i would like to hear from you EMAIL
IS alvanhorn@zitomedia.net
if nothing else comes from this i would like to MAKE northfolk and southern in stall crossing gates on all these crossings and lower the speed limit for trains through a residential district from 50 yes 50 miles per hour to more like 20 miles per hour, if this was done my son would have made it to my house that night to take his grandmother and sister out to dinner as was his plans. jamie , aunt flo love ya both, ALVIN (booper) YOU WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY HEART AND PRAYERS, UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN SON I LOVE YOU
Kim Van Horn

Johnsonburg, PA

#35 Aug 5, 2007
Thanks to all who are sharing your thoughts and prayers. I am Alvin -"Boops" step mom. I loved him as one of my own and always will. He brought smiles, laughter and tears to all of us. He let everyone know that he was thinking of them when he called and never hung up without saying "I love you". As my sister said "You were so special and loved that it was time for you to be with him and he called you home" May you rest in peace. You may be gone but will never be forgotten. Until we met again...I love you and miss you. PS.. Grandma Grace loves you and misses you....you were very special to her!!!!!
Kim Van Horn

Johnsonburg, PA

#36 Aug 5, 2007
choo-choo wrote:
SPLAT!!!!
My only response to you.... Someday you will answer to a higher power!
aunt flo

Annapolis, MD

#38 Aug 5, 2007
to choo-choo, my brother said it best and we will like to see you face to face. we loved booper with all our hearts and then to think an idiot had the audasity to post something like this when he knows the family would be reading the postings. for such a beautiful person he was and have an idiot like you do this i hope it doesn't come back and bite you in the ass but then maybe that is what you deserve.
aunt flo

Annapolis, MD

#39 Aug 5, 2007
Katrinavitch wrote:
To Aunt Flo..my prayers are with you and your family at this time...we suffered a loss of a son several years ago...only time can help!!! God Bless.
i want you thank you for your concern and taking the time to show that you care
Louise

AOL

#40 Aug 5, 2007
Choo-Choo, Frankly, I do believe that you are the most dispicable piece of mankind walking this earth. Furthermore, you belong in a landfill with the rest of the trash. May you eat humble pie for the balance of your life. To my very close and dear friend Aunt Flo, Grandmother Grace, and family my thoughts and prayers are with you.
aunt flo

Annapolis, MD

#41 Aug 5, 2007
yeah lets sue wrote:
since a guy can't look both ways. it's called common sense.
i hope you meant this in a nice way because did you read anywhere that someone was going to sue? to me in a tragedy that is the first thing people assume when they should be saying a prayer for the family and this wonderful persons soul.
BMan

AOL

#42 Aug 5, 2007
ohhhh NASTY break.Sorry to his family.
alvin van horn sr

Johnsonburg, PA

#43 Aug 5, 2007
to yeah lets sue -- nothing was mentioned about sueing. that must be your way . I would just like to make sure that no other family has to go through the pain that we are now going through. not only was alvin taken from us , he also had a family in ohio that loved him very much and that he loved very much.
he was loved by all and everyone who knew him knew what a wonderful person he was. to you that have posted your sympathy THANK YOU.
to the idiots that have nothing better to do
than slam a tragedy like this you will answer to a higher power than any of us.

after seeing the accident scene and the closeness of the homes to the tracks and hearing that trains can go 50 miles an hour through there i was shocked i live in the country and grew up by the railroad, and the put fences up to keep the animals off the tracks, guess kids and human beings don,t count to them. i live very close to where last year a northfolk and southern train wrecked causing very much damage to streams and the area this area has a 35 mile an hour speed limit and it is in the middle of nowhere.
only problem was that the train was going 76 miles an hour. i am placing no blame anywhere for this tragic accident that took my sons life. but i would very much work with the people in the area to get the spped limit for trains lowered and crossing guards installed to prevent this from happening to another family.
Lisa

United States

#44 Aug 5, 2007
I would like to say to the family how sorry I am to hear about this tragedy. My husband now is also a truck driver and I know how they love the road. We pray that nothing like this happens to anyone. Again I'm sorry, I do understand the pain the 5 year anniversary of a loved one is coming up soon for me and my family, it was also a tragic motorcycle accident that killed a wonderful man and father. The pain my never stop completely, but time does help. He was only 30 so again I understand the pain of a life cut short. My love and prayers are with you all...
Andrea Yoder

Apollo, PA

#45 Aug 6, 2007
[For the local folk and old friends reading this, my last name was formerly Ebbert]
Alvin was the brother of my best friend in high school. He was always smiling, laughing, and creating fantastic artwork... If anyone gets the chance to go to Ausitn, please visit the E.O. Austin Home/Historical Society where his artwork hangs.We hold it with dear reverance.
I worked with his father and stepmother and he was always cracking jokes or doing something silly to make us yell at him!
Perhaps the most blessed point in my life was being a friend to his Mother, Pattie. She has the biggest heart of anyone I know and it is so unfair it has to be shattered.
My love and strength goes to all of his family and I pray for their recovery from this tremendous tragedy. If anyone reading this has a son please go to him and hug him and tell him you love him. I know I have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Silver Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lazy people Feb 13 Fed up 1
News Body Found in Nunda Identified as Rochester Woman (May '10) Feb 7 ADs97 100
News Former Mount Morris fire chief arrested for DWI (May '12) Dec '17 Andy 9
News Police: Hunter fatally shoots woman walking dog... Dec '17 River 9
the burleigh girls! (Nov '08) Nov '17 Truth 8
Laura Bitner (Jan '15) Oct '17 Nick 4
News Hunter shot by another hunter in Pavilion Oct '17 IescapedNY 8

Silver Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Silver Springs Mortgages