2 Wounded In Silver Spring Shooting -...

2 Wounded In Silver Spring Shooting - News Story - WRC | Washin...

There are 22 comments on the NBC 4 Washington, DC story from Jun 29, 2008, titled 2 Wounded In Silver Spring Shooting - News Story - WRC | Washin.... In it, NBC 4 Washington, DC reports that:

Two people were gunned down outside a Montgomery County nightclub early Sunday and police are searching for the shooter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 4 Washington, DC.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
not surprised

Hyattsville, MD

#1 Jun 29, 2008
It's obvious that there is no shortage of criminal types in the area.
Nik

Grand Blanc, MI

#2 Jun 29, 2008
What the f*ck people?!?!?
Silver Spring was once a beautiful area, safe and free of crime. The city pumps MILLIONS into the downtown area, makes it really nice, and still you freaking pieces of sh*t turn it into a slum!
God i hate ignorant fools.
Joao Estevao Pessoa

Dumfries, VA

#3 Jun 29, 2008
I'll never understand what makes an idiot shoot or stab somebody over something trivial.
Ethan

Stafford, VA

#4 Jun 29, 2008
more baggy trousered apes at it again. can you say, dumb as a box a rocks?
Sid Vicious

Washington, DC

#5 Jun 29, 2008
That club has a history of crime and violence. The problem is a combination of the patrons and management. Regardless of the race of the patrons (and the criminal element therein), the county needs to step in and revoke their business and alcohol permits.
Silver Spring has had pockets of violent, crime-ridden areas for years. This is only one small problem spot. I can guarantee that after this incident, police will be focusing targeted enforcement in that area. The criminal club patrons need to stay in DC and PG County where they belong, or suffer the consequences. Natural selection in progress once again ...
Knights Of Columbus

Silver Spring, MD

#6 Jun 29, 2008
Sid Vicious wrote:
That club has a history of crime and violence. The problem is a combination of the patrons and management. Regardless of the race of the patrons (and the criminal element therein), the county needs to step in and revoke their business and alcohol permits.
Silver Spring has had pockets of violent, crime-ridden areas for years. This is only one small problem spot. I can guarantee that after this incident, police will be focusing targeted enforcement in that area. The criminal club patrons need to stay in DC and PG County where they belong, or suffer the consequences. Natural selection in progress once again ...
Clubs, government centers, churchs and family style homes used to be quite safe. Carnegie Mellon University is currently doing a study on the "reasons why moral standards change and how crime leaks into the good areas" and when the article or book is published, I would like to buy the book and get some for my family members too. Carnegie Mellon has a penchant for doing good research on import topics and publishing good articles and books.
Knights Of Columbus

Silver Spring, MD

#7 Jun 29, 2008
Nik wrote:
Silver Spring was once a beautiful area, safe and free of crime. The city pumps MILLIONS into the downtown area, makes it really nice, and still you freaking pieces of sh*t turn it into a slum!
When I was a kid, Silver Spring was quite good. It was even good when my youngest granddaughter was born which was far recent. Within the last three years, Silver Spring has gotten like the streets of D.C. and I am serious. Last week, I was sitting down with one of my granddaughs in the Panera Bread cafe near the intersection of Georgia Avenue and Colesville Road and I notice sirens going up and down the roads constantly. The good thing is that the cops are doing a good job in "cleaning house" and when I mentioned this to my little girl, she said the words "A-Men". During the time when school was cut short due to the water problems, I took my grandchildren to places that still have water working so that I can buy them lunch. After lunch, I took them to the movie theatre to see a cartoon film. I really enjoyed being with my family because my family are first and foremost in everything.
Nik

Grand Blanc, MI

#8 Jun 29, 2008
Knights Of Columbus wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was a kid, Silver Spring was quite good. It was even good when my youngest granddaughter was born which was far recent. Within the last three years, Silver Spring has gotten like the streets of D.C. and I am serious. Last week, I was sitting down with one of my granddaughs in the Panera Bread cafe near the intersection of Georgia Avenue and Colesville Road and I notice sirens going up and down the roads constantly. The good thing is that the cops are doing a good job in "cleaning house" and when I mentioned this to my little girl, she said the words "A-Men". During the time when school was cut short due to the water problems, I took my grandchildren to places that still have water working so that I can buy them lunch. After lunch, I took them to the movie theatre to see a cartoon film. I really enjoyed being with my family because my family are first and foremost in everything.
Parents and Grandparents like this are what make communities great. The thing that turns them bad is when the parents don't go out with the kids anymore.

I remember getting stuck in front of Panera a few months ago. I was enjoying a beautiful summer afternoon until a group of kids yelling profanities back and forth across Colesville... they weren't arguing, they were just talking... F-this, F-that, N-word this, N-word that.

At the same time, I see a mother and her 4 year old son only 5 feet away looking very uncomfortable at these cursing 14 year old kids.

That's the tipping point when neighborhoods start to change for the worse. i hope it was just me...
BLG542

Arlington, VA

#9 Jun 29, 2008
It happens in Mont county and its the crime of the century and a personal afront to humanity. ANYWHERE else and its to be expected. Crime is everywhere idiots. Criminals could care less about jurisdictional boundaries.
Sid Vicious

Washington, DC

#10 Jun 30, 2008
BLG542 ... you keep stating the obvious. No need for your worthless input here. kthanksbye.
BLG542

Arlington, VA

#11 Jun 30, 2008
Sid Vicious wrote:
BLG542 ... you keep stating the obvious. No need for your worthless input here. kthanksbye.
But you took time out of your precious life to respond. Good job being an obvious loser...
Sam Adams

New York, NY

#13 Jul 2, 2008
Typical behavior.
hurting

Springfield, VA

#14 Nov 3, 2008
rip tai. we miss you.
Shadow freind

Rockville, MD

#15 Nov 4, 2008
This kid is my friends friend and i'd like to ad that no one in the f*cking world diserves to die at the age of f*cking 14 R.I.P Tai Lam. All prayers go to you. This kid was in the ninth grade and an honor student and was in wrestiling. No mother f*cking way that he should die Tai i know any one whould take your spot in a quick seccond and to the person that shot him F*ck yourself caused only cowards use guns
Baby3432

Upper Marlboro, MD

#16 Nov 5, 2008
That Is so sad. Seriously. I live in uhm, Silver spring, MD so like when i heard about that, i said, dam.. its like silver spring isnt even safe no more. also, that kid who died, seemed like a nice kid due to what everyone said about him. I wish people were so stupid for once and notice that violence isnt the answer. I understand if u get into a argument but it doesnt seem smart to just pull out a gun and start shooting. but wait, R.I.P Tai, even if i never knew you but.. it wasnt fair for what that person did to you. hmph, + it happened on the ride-on bus, so that gives me a warning to steer clear of what happens by not taking the bus. i will only take the bus if i want to go to a friends house, party etc. but other than that. NO THANKS.
People Are Sheep

Washington, DC

#17 Nov 7, 2008
Hey idiots ... this is NOT about the kid shot and killed on the bus in Silver Spring this week ... it's about the donkey that was gunned down at a problematic black bar in the spring/summer. Get off the Internet and get back to your homework.
Silver Spring resident

White Plains, MD

#18 Nov 9, 2008
Both the Ride On shooting and this one are excellent examples of the gang activity in the area. Let 'em kill each other, I say. Maybe we could round all of the gang members up and let them have it out in that construction zone at Fenton Ellsworth. F them all.
People Are Sheep

Washington, DC

#19 Nov 19, 2008
Silver Spring resident ...

Not a bad idea! Not a bad idea at all!

This is all just natural selection in progress. Let it happen!
it is what it is

Fort Washington, MD

#20 Nov 20, 2008
Nik wrote:
And hatred is what fuels the criminals I hope you realize...

I certainly don't like some of the things that these people do, but I love the people themselves
People Are Sheep

Washington, DC

#21 Nov 26, 2008
Actually... stupidity, drugs, guns and poor parenting fuels the criminals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Silver Spring Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reggae is 100% Jamaican...NOT Puerto Rican (Mar '10) Aug 15 Panarican12 86
car repair Aug 12 j99mac 1
News Metro police arrest man suspected of shooting h... Aug 8 oscor 1
News Federal Contractor Abruptly Shuts Down (Mar '08) Jul 23 Location location 1,176
News Bernie Sanders tells his Maryland faithful to b... Jul '17 USA Today 1
Beware: MoCo Republican cops are on the take Jun '17 Harveyringwald 1
News MS-13 gang member gets life sentence for murder (Nov '08) May '17 Son of CSA 120

Silver Spring Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Silver Spring Mortgages