Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,541
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#72532 Apr 28, 2014
Hugh--- What are you calling stigma?

Eric---Joel's use of White v. Asian.

HughBe--- Are they the same concepts and what is the link to nationality/American?

Hugh--- Tell me how long must the families live there to be called "just Americans?

Eric---About 1 milli-second after being granted resident status.

HughBe--- I see. Useful.

Hugh--- Do you call yourself American or you use the stigma of Jewish American?

ERic---I have never referred to myself as a Jewish American. Two separate but equal concepts.

Hugh--- Asian or Chinese Americans will say that the concepts are separate but equal to them as well. You should OBSERVE how Chinese live in America and I am speaking about Chinese as a group irrespective of religious beliefs.

Hugh-- Have you ever used the word African American of this forum? If so why the stigma?

Eric----I use the word African American because it is the term that African Americans choose to use for themselves and request that other use when referring to them.

Hugh--- I see, so why would the African Americans want to call themselves Africans? How long have they left Africa? Is it 100 years ago? Do they know where Africa is?
My last question is based on my understanding of a typical American knowledge of the world.

Eric--- It is my way of respecting their wishes. When they wanted to be called Blacks, I called them Blacks. When they changed to African Americans, I called them African Americans. I respect their wishes

HughBe--- Impressive. Do Chinese want to be called Chinese Americans? Do Chinese who are now Americans object to being called Chinese?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#72533 Apr 28, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>When are men like you going to understand that women are not sex objects? It wasn't a joke because IT WASN'T FUNNY. Women deserve better.
Note, your sister was not the focus.Reread it again--see below.

Eric---I figured it out...He(Hugh) likes peanut butter because he can't get it up!

HughBe---- Correct Eric but let me complete your thought by adding ---when I bend over BUT not when my sister does.

Now take a look at the completed sentence below.

"He/Hugh likes peanut butter because he can't get it up!" when I bend over BUT not when my sister does.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#72534 Apr 28, 2014
HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- Impressive. Do Chinese want to be called Chinese Americans? Do Chinese who are now Americans object to being called Chinese?
I live here. I live in this area of our country. As I mentioned, one of the students went to the same high school where my son graduated. In fact, my son's roommate when he was a sophomore had parents who were born in PRC. They wished to be called Americans. But they honored the culture where they were born, just like other Americans before them honored the culture where they were born and where their families came from.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#72535 Apr 28, 2014
Eric---When are men like you going to understand that women are not sex objects?

Hugh---- The question is, when are men like YOU going to understand that women ARE sex objects and MUCH more?

I shall pray that God will open your eyes to these truths.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#72536 Apr 28, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Eric---I figured it out...He(Hugh) likes peanut butter because he can't get it up!
It breaks me up every time you reprint the above. It's so very very true!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#72537 Apr 28, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>I live here. I live in this area of our country. As I mentioned, one of the students went to the same high school where my son graduated. In fact, my son's roommate when he was a sophomore had parents who were born in PRC. They wished to be called Americans. But they honored the culture where they were born, just like other Americans before them honored the culture where they were born and where their families came from.
My question remains---Do Chinese want to be called Chinese Americans? Do Chinese who are now Americans object to being called Chinese?

Also since you use as your defence the argument that you live in "this area" meaning Illinois and thereby implying limited knowledge of elsewhere in America why then did you speak for the ENTIRE black population of America?

Recall "I use the word African American because it is the term that African Americans choose to use for themselves and request that other use when referring to them."
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#72538 Apr 28, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>It breaks me up every time you reprint the above. It's so very very true!
It breaks me up every time you reprint the above. It's so very very true!

Hugh--- It must be true because you say that it is. Anyway I am glad to be of service as mentioned above.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#72539 Apr 28, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>I live here. I live in this area of our country. As I mentioned, one of the students went to the same high school where my son graduated. In fact, my son's roommate when he was a sophomore had parents who were born in PRC. They wished to be called Americans. But they honored the culture where they were born, just like other Americans before them honored the culture where they were born and where their families came from.
Please addresss-- I see, so why would the African Americans want to call themselves Africans? How long have they left Africa? Is it 100 years ago? Do they know where Africa is?
My last question is based on my understanding of a typical American knowledge of the world
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#72540 Apr 28, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
My question remains---Do Chinese want to be called Chinese Americans? Do Chinese who are now Americans object to being called Chinese?
Also since you use as your defence the argument that you live in "this area" meaning Illinois and thereby implying limited knowledge of elsewhere in America why then did you speak for the ENTIRE black population of America?
Recall "I use the word African American because it is the term that African Americans choose to use for themselves and request that other use when referring to them."
Hugh, go ask Jesse and then come back and fill us in as to what he said.

As to people of Chinese heritage, I told you that those that I know wish to be called American. The high school where one of the students went to school is within minutes of my house. I think I have more knowledge than you ever could have on the subject.

Which brings us to the question, why do you care? It appears that you disagree for the sake of disagreeing. You don't have to disagree simply because I say something. If you have actual facts to offer, offer them. I know the kids who go to one of the high schools in question as my son went there. Maybe, just maybe, I know what I am talking about. I know it's hard for you to fathom, but maybe it's true.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#72541 Apr 28, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Please addresss-- I see, so why would the African Americans want to call themselves Africans? How long have they left Africa? Is it 100 years ago? Do they know where Africa is?
My last question is based on my understanding of a typical American knowledge of the world
It's not for me to ask. They are entitled to be referred to as they wish and it's my duty to respect their wishes. Go ask Jesse and report back to us.

And, I don't think that the African Americans would relish your demeaning of their knowledge of the world. Maybe you should read up on Dr. Carver some more.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#72542 Apr 28, 2014
bi
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#72543 Apr 28, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Hugh, go ask Jesse and then come back and fill us in as to what he said.
As to people of Chinese heritage, I told you that those that I know wish to be called American. The high school where one of the students went to school is within minutes of my house. I think I have more knowledge than you ever could have on the subject.
Which brings us to the question, why do you care? It appears that you disagree for the sake of disagreeing. You don't have to disagree simply because I say something. If you have actual facts to offer, offer them. I know the kids who go to one of the high schools in question as my son went there. Maybe, just maybe, I know what I am talking about. I know it's hard for you to fathom, but maybe it's true.
Why should I ask Jesse James?:D

Deal with the post intelligently. Does your Jesse speak for President Obama or a certain Tiger?

Bi

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#72544 Apr 28, 2014
Has anyone else noticed that both Apu and Hughbe disappeared at the same time?
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#72545 Apr 28, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I ask Jesse James?:D
Deal with the post intelligently. Does your Jesse speak for President Obama or a certain Tiger?
Bi
If you did any research on the subject before opening your big mouth, you would know that Rev. Jesse Jackson was the impetus for the change from Blacks to African Americans. If you want to know his mind set on the topic, maybe you should ask him. He lives in Chicago. You can reach him at the Rainbow Push organization.

It is not up to me to question the reasoning of a sizable portion of our population. I find it sufficient that they have publicly stated their preference. I know that friends and acquaintances have bristled when they hear poor word choice (e.g., Colored? What color are you talking about?), and I respect them enough to use the words they choose.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#72546 Apr 28, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that both Apu and Hughbe disappeared at the same time?
I thought Joel said he was going to visit someone. As for the Black, Jamaican who has Jewish heritage [:)], I care not where he goes nor when he comes back.
Sammy

Somerset, KY

#72547 Apr 28, 2014
PLEASE PETITION YOUR UTILITY COMPANY TO STOP USING KENTUCKY COAL!!!. Coal companies in my area are destroying our land and rivers and water supplies. Coal companies here will not hire talented, experienced people who know what theyre doing. they only hire people with influence and relatives. They will not hire you if you're poor or how much know you no matter how smart or experienced you are!. This is the problem we are having, tell your Utility company to switch to Natural gas, it's cheaper and cleaner too!.

Location hidden

#72548 Apr 29, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>I thought Joel said he was going to visit someone. As for the Black, Jamaican who has Jewish heritage [:)], I care not where he goes nor when he comes back.
I am reasonably convinced that the sexually hung up African-Jamaican (who hates Gays) is lying about having Jewish heritage.

Location hidden

#72549 Apr 29, 2014
Sammy wrote:
PLEASE PETITION YOUR UTILITY COMPANY TO STOP USING KENTUCKY COAL!!!. Coal companies in my area are destroying our land and rivers and water supplies. Coal companies here will not hire talented, experienced people who know what theyre doing. they only hire people with influence and relatives. They will not hire you if you're poor or how much know you no matter how smart or experienced you are!. This is the problem we are having, tell your Utility company to switch to Natural gas, it's cheaper and cleaner too!.
Yes, clean Natural gas...we all love the smell of fracking in the morning...

former res

Cheshire, CT

#72553 Apr 29, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear, I do NOT take that thing.
Where have you been, Sweetie?

I hope you are not still falling down.

Please keep yourself upright, if you know what I mean.

;)
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72554 Apr 29, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty face yes. Sexy legs no.
Has your wife been enjoying too many helpings of West Indian Home Fries/hash browns?

They were quite tasty as I recall. The home fries, that is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Silver City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument may rais... Mon msgtdon 1
Town council approves restoration of the Silco ... Jan 23 Tony Betterton 2
Carlsbad air service provider will not renew co... Jan 23 Maybe 2
Silver City police search landfill for missing ... (Jun '11) Jan 23 citizencares 22
Your View: Letters to the editor (April 5) (Apr '11) Jan 13 Adl 5
Silver City-Grant County TEA Party Patriots hos... (Apr '14) Jan 7 WherdaPhuckawee 2
Grant County Corruption (Apr '10) Jan 5 curli 7

Winter Storm Watch for Grant County was issued at January 28 at 12:42PM MST

Silver City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Silver City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:13 pm PST

NBC Sports12:13PM