Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72025 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#72286 Apr 22, 2014
DOES KARMA EXIST?

1) KARMA - our thoughts, words and deeds - determines, in terms of cause-effect relationships, our individuality, our degree of consciousness and the events that come our way in life and how we react to them and how we're affected by them.

2) Karma brings out our innate potential and develops new patterns in our inherent capacities.

3) If there were no karma (causation) we would have been mere automatons and none of us would have been unique individuals in our own right.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72287 Apr 22, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

Nice excuse.

You just recently said 30 minutes, like in the past you just said 15 minutes so stick with one, your excuses are lame

Only a braindead idiot like you would stick to one time limit and insist on that being the one and only time limit.

The consciousness in the body is not subject to such mathematical determinism.

In my case with the yoga taking off in quite a big way over the past few years, despite all the vicious attacks, my body has become so suffused with the higher consciousness-force that I don't need to sleep like say an ordinary brainless animal like you.

I simply rest for some time which could be anywhere from 10 minutes to 30 minutes depending on my state of consciousness at the moment.

But, never more than 30 minutes.

At times, the consciousness-energy is so high that I don't even rest on that particular day.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72288 Apr 22, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

In recent past you said god(s) don't exist... You define them as figment of imagination.
ha ha

During my brief flirtation with atheism I said it.

The reason I experimented with atheism for that brief period was because the suffering due to relentless vicious force attacks launched at me became so unbearable that I turned suicidal and so in desperation I hit back at yoga by denying all my yogic experiences as a way of retaliation since help was slow in coming to me but I couldn't for too long deny any of my past or present yogic experiences.

Now, from a yogic perspective, let me tell you that if one takes to the path of personality in the yoga then one comes across all the various typal beings on the various planes with each calling itself G-d or whatever, but, if one takes to the path of pure impersonality these very cosmic phenomena appear like a dream or as evanescent formations while all the while during the trance only the field of consciousness minus the phenomena and typal beings are experienced on each plane.

As a piece of advice, I suggest that you must maintain much greater flexibility and better degree of intuition using the very limited intelligence that you possess.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72289 Apr 22, 2014
QUESTION ON SEX:

Why is a person attracted to some persons and not to several others no matter how good looking they may be?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#72290 Apr 22, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
During my brief flirtation with atheism I said it.
In other words, dont bother to listen to anything you might say, because it may just be a brief flirtation...

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72291 Apr 22, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

In other words, dont bother to listen to anything you might say, because it may just be a brief flirtation...
LOL.

But, I reverted to my true yogic nature after that brief stint with atheism which I hooked on to due to the unbearable force attacks as said in my earlier post...
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72292 Apr 22, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Walking on water is a yogic feat .......
Yes, thanks.

My Roman friend explained your thinking on this.

You don't believe in religion, but you believe in anything to do with yoga.

Selective idiocy, in my humble opinion.

And as always, with all due respect.

:)

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72293 Apr 22, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

You don't believe in religion, but you believe in anything to do with yoga.
You're as unintelligent as your Roman friend.

Listen, formal religion is a belief system, whereas yoga is a practice leading to direct experiences with manifest signs.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72294 Apr 22, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not so much that I believe in the teachings/philosophy (or God), but that I encounter the teachings/philosophies...Thats the relationship part I was referring to. Encounters tend to be open-ended with give and take on both side. Beliefs are fixed, encounters are not.
You've also encountered hate, racism, anti-Semitism, ignorance......and chosen not to embrace them. So perhaps (not to be anti-Semantic!) it's a semantics things. This is a philosophy you have in fact embraced and choose to stick with, follow......however you want to say.....true?
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasnt dissing the theatrics of JC, I was dissing the idea that Joel could steal them to use with his yogi framework (as Stefano explained - in Joels mind ONLY a yogi is precious enough to perform miracles). Thats spiritual imperialism.(Though it can be argued who am I to defend Christian culture). So I never opined who was more credible, instead I was knocking Joel for his theft...
Perhaps it was this line that threw me off the intended meaning:

"Old wives tales that unfortunately got codified."

And I followed with...."Same for Moses, Norah etc......?."

Was that a yes or a no, BTW?

former res

Cheshire, CT

#72295 Apr 22, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
By G-d is meant a typal being inhering in anyone of the cosmic planes.....
I understand.

Is Jesus the son of god? No

A hell of a yogi? Absolutely

Thank you, come again.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72296 Apr 22, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
In my opinion, he has its own religion.
While others have god, he has the Absolute Consciousness.
While others BELIEVE in the creation of men out-of-nothing, he BELIEVES in a spontanous, and therefore out-of-nothing, appearance of thousands of Adam and Eve around the globe. Both the religionists and Joel have not the minium idea of Biology.
In other words, different terms same old story.
And the funny thing is, he sees himself as so intelligent, so superior to others.

Yet he is just as much of a sheep. "The opiate of the masses."

He had me fooled for a bit.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72297 Apr 22, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Is Jesus the son of god? No

A hell of a yogi? Absolutely
Didn't you understand my post?

By Son of G-d is not meant a son in the biological sense but it refers to an incarnation of a typal principle, understand now?

Jesus' paranormal feats were due to the mastery of the vital force but to master the vital force he had to reach up to the vital plane to unite in consciousness-force with it which is an act of the union of the subject with the object - yoga.

Got it, now?

BTW, were you born with a dunce cap?

former res

Cheshire, CT

#72298 Apr 22, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok - now that we have dispensed with the contextual issues (in my previous post)...
Of course there is a linkage between the Torah and my beliefs and practices. The way I approach it, probably similar to the way more than a few devout Christians approach their scripture - is that I assume that the text is trying to tell me something. What it is I dont always know. And often what is being told is through what is not being mentioned at the time (i.e. the intellectual gaps in the narrative).
So my job is to seek out what is of value. Sometimes the encounter leads to fertile ground, sometimes the encounter just leads to a respectful stand off, sometimes it is enough to just chant or read the text as a form of worship (as on Saturday in synagogue) and/or as a meditative exercise and leave it at that...
That approach is diametrically opposite to the idea of approaching the text with scientific skepticism and looking to the outside for evidence to prove or disprove. Nothing wrong with that approach either, but that is a scientific, rational approach, NOT a religious mode. And not to say that a scientific approach has nothing to offer, rather often such an approach can enhance the religious approach by offering another perspective - creating more depth.
So you hold these writings in higher esteem then you would "old wives tales, now codified?"

Fair to say?

As do most Christians and other believers I would think. That was my point.

But I appreciate the peek inside as to how you view them, think of them and gain meaning from them.

I think that literature (obviously some more than others) can also hold meaning for non-believers. Good fiction can also impart meaning and life lessons. And folks like me might say this what is going on but you simply look at it differently.

Does that sound reasonable?

Location hidden

#72299 Apr 22, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
You've also encountered hate, racism, anti-Semitism, ignorance......and chosen not to embrace them. So perhaps (not to be anti-Semantic!) it's a semantics things. This is a philosophy you have in fact embraced and choose to stick with, follow......however you want to say.....true?
generally speaking, in matters of philosophy and ethics, I dont need others to tell me how to live, rather, I notice from the other what resonates with what I already intuit...And often the "other" does a better job articulating or expressing what I already believe or feel.
former res wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps it was this line that threw me off the intended meaning:
"Old wives tales that unfortunately got codified."
And I followed with...."Same for Moses, Norah etc......?."
Was that a yes or a no, BTW?
Guilty - but intended as a slapdown to Apu, more then any statement of creed.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72300 Apr 22, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Ok.
"I wish I knew how to quit you."

Brokeback Mountain (2005)

Location hidden

#72301 Apr 22, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
But, I reverted to my true yogic nature after that brief stint with atheism which I hooked on to due to the unbearable force attacks as said in my earlier post...
And tomorrow you may revert to....

Your entire Topix career is a testament to manic-depression and schizophrenia

Location hidden

#72302 Apr 22, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
And the funny thing is, he sees himself as so intelligent, so superior to others.
Yet he is just as much of a sheep. "The opiate of the masses."
He had me fooled for a bit.
Did he really have you fooled about anything? I assumed you were merely being polite in order to hear him out...

I have never met a serious devotee of Bhuddism that has such a mean, heartless, and selfish streak. Its basically impossible to follow that path for REAL and still be a meanie.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72304 Apr 22, 2014
I am delighted that Sri Aurobindo brought to light in the past century the mind-boggling SUPRAMENTAL YOGA which is the most exacting of all the existing yogas and whose results are way superior to those of the other yogas. The Supramental Yoga is the rarest of rare Mind-Matter disciplines of direct realization that is aimed at the mystico-intellectual elite.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72305 Apr 22, 2014
DIVISION OF THE FORCE IN THE BODY

The direct experiences in the supramental yoga reveal that in every human being the field of the energy of consciousness that permeates the body and which is connected by force lines to the cosmic planes divides itself into 2 currents - one stationed at the top of the head and the other at the base of the spinal nerves forming an invisible arc that runs through the force centers in the spinal cord from head to base of spine.

These apical and basal force currents are dormant or very feebly active in the ordinary human being but which are activated in varying degrees in the yogis depending on which of the 2 currents gets activated.

The ideal yoga is one in which both the upper current and the lower current get simultaneously activated or get activated in quick succession and in the process as the activated current above the head descends into the nervous system, the activated current locked in at the base of the spine begin ascending the spinal nerves and at one point both the descending current and ascending current meet and the result is harmony in the being with the body's force field opening up to the cosmic planes via the activated force centers in the body.

If just one of the 2 currents gets activated then the yoga is partial.

It's safer if the descent begins prior to the ascent.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72306 Apr 22, 2014
PSYCHIC AWAKENING PRIOR TO DESCENT/ASCENT OF THE FORCE

Prior to the descent of the upper current from its station above the head into the brain and spinal nerves and/or before the ascent of the lower current from its station at the base of the spinal cord upwards into the spinal nerves, the psychic consciousness, that dwells in the consciousness-force field corresponding to the cardiac center in the center of the spine, should get activated and take full charge of the ongoing yogic force movements. With the superlative organizing power of the awakened psychic in the forefront it is now safe for the descent and the ascent to take place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Silver City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) May 18 CrookedHillary 57
News Man charged with murder gets probation (Aug '08) May 6 operation greylord 45
News Murdered woman found at Mule Creek (Dec '08) Apr '16 wwwnorthfortyhomecom 7
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Mar '16 Tony 623
News Silver City police search landfill for missing ... (Jun '11) Feb '16 cupcake 30
Review: 180 Trade And Pawn (Mar '14) Feb '16 cupcake 3
News Passion fruit: Sweet, tasty watermelon may be h... (Jul '08) Jan '16 Phillip 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Silver City Mortgages