Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72037 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#67410 Feb 11, 2014
Religious rituals are mumbo jumbo.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#67411 Feb 11, 2014
Dump the rabbis, priests, prophets, rituals, mitzvot and scriptures and be free of superstition and of mind control. It has rightly been said that it is good to be born in a church but best to die away from the church in the open air of freedom.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#67413 Feb 11, 2014
You are the architect of your own destiny!

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#67414 Feb 11, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
Camels Had No Business in Genesis
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/11/science/cam...
Camels probably had little or no role in the lives of such early Jewish patriarchs as Abraham, Jacob and Joseph, who lived in the first half of the second millennium B.C., and yet stories about them mention these domesticated pack animals more than 20 times. Genesis 24, for example, tells of Abraham’s servant going by camel on a mission to find a wife for Isaac.
These anachronisms are telling evidence that the Bible was written or edited long after the events it narrates and is not always reliable as verifiable history. These camel stories “do not encapsulate memories from the second millennium,” said Noam Mizrahi, an Israeli biblical scholar,“but should be viewed as back-projections from a much later period.”.......
..........One should be careful not to rush to the conclusion that the new archaeological findings automatically deny any historical value from the biblical stories,” Dr. Mizrahi said in an email.“Rather, they established that these traditions were indeed reformulated in relatively late periods after camels had been integrated into the Near Eastern economic system. But this does not mean that these very traditions cannot capture other details that have an older historical background.”
rabbee: well i guess it all depends on whether you believe Bereeesheet written by G-D, or anti-Bereeesheet written by fallible scientists the enemies of G-D. who would you rather believe, about seven billion enemies of G-D or G-D?

Denver, CO

#67415 Feb 11, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
There's no evidence to support the historicity of Adam, Eve, Garden of Eden, Abraham, Noah, Lot, Moses, Elijah, David, Jesus and other mythical characters and besides scientific research indicates there never was a great flood and that the story of Exodus is a lie. Quran repeats Biblical lies and so Quran is also a lie.
rabbee: so you think this is worth, having it all happen again? because you rather believe the enemies of G-D, rather than G-D. is believing in scientific stupidity, really worth doing this all over again? do you know the definition of hell, is making the same old mistakes over and over expecting different results.

Denver, CO

#67416 Feb 11, 2014
JOEL wrote:
Religious books are comic books. They have nice entertainment value. LOL.
rabbee: and just what makes your comic book, any better than anyone else's?

Denver, CO

#67417 Feb 11, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, I read about the camels. Other than bible literalists, I don't think anyone else is thinking about this too much. This is non-news as far as I'm concerned.
News Flash: In other world news today, the world-wide flood never really happened, and the earth isn't anywhere near 6000 years old.
rabbee: well if you prefer to believe the enemies of G-D, then you might as well believe every thing joel says too. cause he says, he is even smarter than obama. if you do not think so, just ask him.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#67418 Feb 11, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well i guess it all depends on whether you believe Bereeesheet written by G-D, or anti-Bereeesheet written by fallible scientists the enemies of G-D. who would you rather believe, about seven billion enemies of G-D or G-D?
Gezunteit!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#67419 Feb 11, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I respectfully disagree. The details are interesting to a lot of people. Much of the other environmental details did pan out. Such as foodstuffs. There are zillions of people fascinated with biblical archaeology. As well as historical ecology.
There are dozens of species (especially birds) listed within that lack adequate correspondence - English translations of Hebrew words that are not uniform between English versions. I would imagine that many of these animals are extinct, or somewhere else geographically - but we have no idea what the Hebrew words are referring to because the gap in knowledge over the ages, as no one paid attention to these things and the ecological knowledge was lost.
I stand corrected.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#67420 Feb 11, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
I think someone's head is sick to
just an observation
The xtian troll is in rare form today.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67421 Feb 11, 2014
Everyone ready for the next snowstorm?

First I head 4-8 for here; then 6-12.

Will gas up the Honda.

Location hidden

#67422 Feb 11, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
He is. He is actually calling for Xtian Jihad.

Interesting and rare in its own right.

I wish him a merry xmas.

Location hidden

#67423 Feb 11, 2014
former res wrote:
Everyone ready for the next snowstorm?
First I head 4-8 for here; then 6-12.
Will gas up the Honda.
a couple of days ago they were modeling 23+

we need more snow. Its been a while (I think 3 days?)
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67424 Feb 11, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true, YOU claim to be non-religious, I believe atheist, and this means that you should be NEUTRAL in religious matters. However, your unbalanced and disrespectful mind as demonstrated in your words betray YOU. There is only ONE set of persons that use "xtian" and even you at your level know this.

Perhaps I am in "rare form today" but you are ALWAYS in the rear of things.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67425 Feb 11, 2014
Frijoles--- He is actually calling for Xtian Jihad.

HughBe---- I shall let my words speak for themselves, Judahite. Here they are, "this is what you must do, do EXACTLY to them as they do to you, no more and no less."

Explain your difficulty with my "Jihad" as I have expressed it above.

Finally, I stand by my words, Judahite.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#67426 Feb 11, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
He is. He is actually calling for Xtian Jihad.
Interesting and rare in its own right.
I wish him a merry xmas.
Observation, the fact that you have equated my words below to Jihad tells every HONEST person that you are a CRIMINAL.

My "Jihad" words which were taken from another post follows.

I believe and I am saying/PROMOTING the idea that America and the other CHRISTIAN countries should wake-up to the reality of this world and TREAT people of ALL other RELIGIONS the same way that Christians are treated in those countries where those religions are followed by the MAJORITY, of religious persons.

Note, by treat I mean via the use of laws and so you would see such things as some religions being ILLEGAL in the US and elsewhere.

Do unto them as they HAVE done to you.

Location hidden

#67427 Feb 11, 2014
What a xtian dork. Probably sore at trying to beat up some Judaites.
E23Jer34

Tórshavn, Faroe Islands

#67428 Feb 11, 2014
Jesus was a jew. Christianity belong to the jewish people.

Europe wants nothing to do with christianty. Europe is pagan and the countries in europe are patriot and pagan.

Ever since Christianity came into europe - jews have had a huge advantage by preaching their gospel to us - requireing us to give, requireing us to turn the other cheek, requireing us to always support "gods chosen people" - or more correctly the self chosen people.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67429 Feb 11, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
a couple of days ago they were modeling 23+
we need more snow. Its been a while (I think 3 days?)
I blame Al Gore.

Even though we have to deal with it, I still get excited by a good snowstorm.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67430 Feb 11, 2014
Huggy,

Why so stressed?

Relax, mon.

Remember, Jesus loves you.

That should be all you need.

your friend

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Silver City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DA Walks Away from what should have been a DUI ... Jul 9 Vera lane 1
Silver City, , but choice of NOT accepting ever... Jul 5 mrtnz1955 2
News WNMU to continue recruiting DACA students despi... Jun 29 Susanna 7
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Jun 26 Tony 625
News Yes, Denny's is coming Jun '16 Tiger37 1
News Armory celebrates 100 years Jun '16 my opinion 1
News Old-fashioned Fourth of July party (Jul '13) May '16 YUUUUP 4

Silver City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Silver City Mortgages