Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 71943 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#63173 Nov 21, 2013
Joel dear, this song is for you.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#63174 Nov 21, 2013
HughBe wrote:
1. Whatever makes you comfortable, embrace it. I am NOT in the least bit concerned when the principle is applied to my Jesus. The ones who are concerned are non-Christians and I ask why?
"Your Jesus" is a figment of your imagination whom you can't even keep logically consistent.
HughBe wrote:
2. I am not surprised that the focus of the discussion is not a part of what you have learnt.
I understood the focus quite well. I also understood your avoidance when asked to follow your "focus" to its logical conclusion when applied to Jesus.
HughBe wrote:
As I have said, your boy introduced Jesus into my discussion so that people like you will be in the CONFUSED state that you now find yourself in.
"My boy" didn't introduce anything into the discussion that I didn't already know. The only person here who is confused appears to be you as you look for whatever excuse you can find to avoid addressing the logical inconsistency of Jesus' geneology.
HughBe wrote:
3. It is a pity that my discussion has gone right over your head.
You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? Unfortunately for you, we're on to your little tricks of avoidance. If you truly had the answer, you would have given it already rather than continue this silly tap dancing.
Eric

Lombard, IL

#63175 Nov 21, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious.
I shall repeat my misdirection. "Understanding of CONCEPTS, principles and FACTS are important. Rote is not the approach."
Hugh, we are all ears. Fill this room with your intelligence.(Apologies to Paper Chase.)
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#63176 Nov 21, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you think that it's possible for a virgin to get pregnant?
I've read that "virgin" births have happened in the past. What exactly they mean by that, I'm not sure. God is supposed to be Jesus' father and being born of a virgin would mean he has no father. They can't have it both ways. The argument is intrinsically paradoxical.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#63178 Nov 21, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Hugh, we are all ears. Fill this room with your intelligence.(Apologies to Paper Chase.)
Eric---Hugh, we are all ears.

HughBe--- I KNOW. This requires brains and eyes and so EARS will not help any of you.

Eric---Fill this room with your intelligence.

HughBe--- Understand, it is from above.

Note, even though you are ONLY ears, I would still have to put a VEIL upon the intelligence as you lack the capacity to bear it.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#63179 Nov 21, 2013
Eric and Cunti, if ever we meet in a public space and in a public discussion ask the question. I shall answer you, I want you to expose my stupidity.

The promise is to you and to anyone else who wants to ask that question.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#63180 Nov 21, 2013
Sorry this answer is so late.
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that all that you have to say is so?
Point in fact gays do not exhibit normal behavior.
Women get sexually assaulted everyday by your government and I don't see you complaining about it.
Where are women being assaulted by the government? Or are you talking about some of the anti-abortion laws that some states have passed? If so, then I do complain about it.

#63181 Nov 21, 2013
Liam R wrote:
No, kids grow up just fine as long as they have a couple of adults who love, nurture, and provide for them. Gender doesn't matter nearly as much as the love and support.
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds wonderful and fluffy and so new age progressive liberal.
And is a bunch of crap.
It is supported by research.

Location hidden

#63182 Nov 21, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Eric and Cunti, if ever we meet in a public space and in a public discussion ask the question. I shall answer you, I want you to expose my stupidity.
We're in a public forum. Answer if you can, don't if you can't.
Eric

Lombard, IL

#63183 Nov 21, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Hugh this is a public space and this is a public discussion. What type of privacy do you witness here?

All we are getting is BS. Let's see the cross validation of your statements using Jesus.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#63184 Nov 21, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Hugh this is a public space and this is a public discussion. What type of privacy do you witness here?
All we are getting is BS. Let's see the cross validation of your statements using Jesus.
I see that you are not understanding as usual. Face-to-Face is the point.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#63185 Nov 21, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
We're in a public forum. Answer if you can, don't if you can't.
I can but I won't.

Why are you so tormented?

Can you not realize that in my mind I am comfortable?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#63186 Nov 21, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to come to grips with the following words: principle, concept, laws and facts.

#63187 Nov 21, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
Oh, I definitely believe he's bi-polar. His symptomatic mood swings are pretty close together indicating a lot of stress (poor diet, irregular sleep patterns). I can only speculate what kind of care he currently receives to function on a daily basis. Based on his apparent freedom to access the Internet, I'm thinking an assisted-living facility of some sort.
It's hard to say, a lot of bipolar patients are high functioning on their own and can maintain an air of normality for short periods of time in public. Perhaps we see a lot more of his episodes here because of the Internet's relative anonymity.
I thought is was cute that he used the word, "susu" because that is what my Mum used to say to my daughter when she was potty training, "Did you make susu?" Takes me back.
Hmm, I always used the word "urinate" when talking to my son. Perhaps that is the reason that he scored so much higher than his peers in the standardized testing for vocabulary...

#63188 Nov 21, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont recollect anywhere in Jewish tradition, past or present, where people worship Moses. We did have a little problem with a calf, however.
What? You don't watch South Park?

Location hidden

#63189 Nov 21, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I can but I won't.
Why are you so tormented?
Can you not realize that in my mind I am comfortable?
Cognitive dissonance is no way to go through life. I didn't ask you if you were comfortable. I asked you how you avoid the discrepancy of logic regarding Jesus' genealogy.

Unless, of course, you are tacitly acknowledging the discrepancy and admiring that you are okay with that. Is that what you're doing?

#63190 Nov 21, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely not. The same rules apply to Jesus being a Jew as apply to you being a Jew. You say that you aren't a Jew because your father wasn't a Jew. Therefore, Jesus as described in the New Testament was not a Jew because his father, as set forth in the New Testament, is not a Jew.
Consistency, Hugh, consistency.
Jesus was a Jew because his mother was a Jew.
Jesus was a Jew because of his birth AND because of his religious practices.

Location hidden

#63191 Nov 21, 2013
Admitting (not admiring)
Eric

Aurora, IL

#63192 Nov 21, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was a Jew because of his birth AND because of his religious practices.
Yes, but not by Hugh's rules.

Hugh says that one has to be a biological Jew through one's father. Therefore, Jesus cannot rely upon Mary to be a Jew, because Mary is his mother. He can't rely on Joseph to be a Jew, because Joseph is not his biological father. If one accepts the New Testament, Jesus' father is not a Jew. Therefore, Jesus can't be a Jew according to Hugh. If you have a problem with that, take it up with Hugh. He has decided not to apply his own rules to Jesus.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#63193 Nov 21, 2013
Jesus is dead and gone. Forget him. Neither does his genealogy nor does his father, YHVH, nor do his teachings count. Move to higher heights where a monster like YHVH and a lunatic like Jesus are not present.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Silver City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Federal law enforcement agencies conduct meth s... 9 hr dmac2030 4
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Jul 29 Thumper 47
News Yankie Street whitewater Jul 13 Msgtdon 1
News Luna County enters Joint Powers Agreement for C... Jul 8 American Citizen 4
News Luna County Commissioners plan to vote today on... Jun '15 Wizard_Not 1
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Jun '15 Tony 619
Review: Custom Steelworks Jun '15 A Volunteer 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Silver City Mortgages