Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,073
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#61814 Nov 3, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
2 extremely simple questions:
A) Is j^5 =+ j? Why?
B) How would you express the square root of - 9 in terms of j?
(smiles)
rabbee: u r 2 squared! to accept n-o 2 u.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#61815 Nov 3, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>

rabbee: u r 2 squared! to accept n-o 2 u.
What is the value of j for 3pi/2?

Location hidden

#61817 Nov 3, 2013
Dr Fritjof Capra is a PhD in particle physics and a staunch proponent of systems' theory that he says parallels Eastern mysticism.

Location hidden

#61818 Nov 3, 2013
Dr Capra is part mystic..he calls his mystical experience the dance of Shiva.

Location hidden

#61819 Nov 3, 2013
SHIVA'S COSMIC DANCE STATUE AT CERN & FRITJOF CAPRA:

On June 18, 2004, an unusual new landmark was unveiled at CERN, the European Center for Research in Particle Physics in Geneva — a 2m tall statue of the Indian deity Shiva Nataraja, the Lord of Dance. The statue, symbolizing Siva's cosmic dance of creation and destruction, was given to CERN by the Indian government to celebrate the research center's long association with India.

In choosing the image of Shiva Nataraja, the Indian government acknowledged the profound significance of the metaphor of Shiva's dance for the cosmic dance of subatomic particles, which is observed and analyzed by CERN's physicists.

The parallel between Shiva's dance and the dance of subatomic particles was first discussed by Fritjof Capra in an article titled "The Dance of Siva: The Hindu View of Matter in the Light of Modern Physics," published in Main Currents in Modern Thought in 1972. Shiva's cosmic dance then became a central metaphor in Capra's international best-seller The Tao of Physics, first published in 1975 and still in print in over 40 editions around the world.

A special plaque next to the Shiva statue at CERN explains the significance of the metaphor of Siva's cosmic dance with several quotations from The Tao of Physics.

Here is the text of the plaque:

Ananda K. Coomaraswamy, seeing beyond the unsurpassed rhythm, beauty, power and grace of the Nataraja, once wrote of it "It is the clearest image of the activity of God which any art or religion can boast of."

More recently, Fritjof Capra explained that "Modern physics has shown that the rhythm of creation and destruction is not only manifest in the turn of the seasons and in the birth and death of all living creatures, but is also the very essence of inorganic matter," and that "For the modern physicists, then, Siva's dance is the dance of subatomic matter."

It is indeed as Capra concluded: "Hundreds of years ago, Indian artists created visual images of dancing Sivas in a beautiful series of bronzes. In our time, physicists have used the most advanced technology to portray the patterns of the cosmic dance. The metaphor of the cosmic dance thus unifies ancient mythology, religious art and modern physics."

COMMENTS:

Capra is wrong in equating the cosmic consciousness-force, Shiva, of the overmental plane, with the lowly physical phenomena of particle-anti particle interactions and the seasons and the cycle of birth, decay and death in general.

Location hidden

#61820 Nov 3, 2013
bang bang bang...the air is resonating with the loud bangs of exploding fire crackers all around and the sky above is illumined by the dazzling array of rocket sparklers and other fireworks..

Location hidden

#61821 Nov 3, 2013
Good night. Resting. Later.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#61822 Nov 3, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
2 extremely simple questions:
A) Is j^5 =+ j? Why?
B) How would you express the square root of - 9 in terms of j?
(smiles)
rabbee: no because the way you have expressed 1j 5. would be +3.65

and the square root of -9 would be 3j.

but what are the vector sum, and polar cordanance of v1 + vj1 = vt

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#61823 Nov 3, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a basic tool of science, it is called observation. What I have said is based on OBSERVATION, my observation.
You know that what I have said is true as you are aware that you are not fully here in the shell between your ears.
So you have observed gay people being successfully treated?

Location hidden

#61824 Nov 3, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>

rabbee: no because the way you have expressed 1j 5. would be +3.65
No.

j^5 = 450 degree rotation = 5 pi/2^c = 2.5 pi ^c = 7.85^c

Or, simply put,

j^5 = j^4 x j =((-1)^1/2)^4 x j =+1 x j = j

Location hidden

#61825 Nov 3, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>

but what are the vector sum, and polar cordanance of v1 + vj1 = vt
What?

Polar cordanance? or Polar co-ordinates?

Polar co-ordinate general form:

x = rcos theta

y = esin theta

r = radial distance taken from (0,0)

r =(x^2 + y^2)^1/2

polar form into rect form:

Z = x + jy = aLtheta

Vt = vm Sin(wt + theta)

Location hidden

#61826 Nov 3, 2013
Hugh,

Where are you?

I am missing you, Mon.

I want to feel your "monstrous" presence online.

(smiles)

Location hidden

#61827 Nov 3, 2013
DEAREST HUGH,

I am once again feeling a bit sad after seeing all my neighbors celebrating with their families - such love and togetherness with the elders putting in their graceful and comforting presence and making loving gestures and appropriate suggestions to younger family members.

I have never found peace, happiness or love in my family life what with my late parents constantly fighting and my dad beating my mom and having multiple sexual affairs with his lady friends and my mom seeking refuge in the arms of another man to seek release from all the pain. Then this rascal of a master arrived on the scene and destroyed my nervous system and injected my being with adverse influences from which I am slowly emerging after dumping him.

My mind, nerves and emotions are damaged beyond repair and I can't stabilize.

More than a wife, I miss having soothing, nurturing, loving and intelligent elders around me.

I need to turn to someone of this kind to feel wanted and comforted.

I have to take all decisions and do everything myself.

I have no one to talk with in private and to turn to at home when I feel unhappy or lonely and I know that I will never have the pleasure of being a part of loving family gatherings.

At times, I feel scared and retreat into my shell and the shadows in this large apartment where I live by myself frighten me once in a while and then with shivers running down my spine I switch on all the lights until the feeling melts.

I just used this online medium of expressing my inner thoughts to you and I don't expect you to reply.

My eyes are moist but after pouring out my thoughts to you in this post I am feeling a bit better.

Thank you.

Location hidden

#61828 Nov 3, 2013
"The fact that modern physics, the manifestation of an extreme specialization of the rational mind, is now making contact with mysticism, the essence of religion and manifestation of an extreme specialization of the intuitive mind, shows very beautifully the unity and complementary nature of the rational and intuitive modes of consciousness; of the yang and the yin."

- Dr Fritjof Capra (physicist, proponent of systems' theory, pioneer in sustainable living and mind-matter promoter)

Location hidden

#61829 Nov 3, 2013
"Quantum theory thus reveals a basic oneness of the universe. It shows that we cannot decompose the world into independently existing smallest units. As we penetrate into matter, nature does not show us any isolated "building blocks," but rather appears as a complicated web of relations between the various parts of the whole. These relations always include the observer in an essential way. The human observer constitutes the final link in the chain of observational processes, and the properties of any atomic object can be understood only in terms of the object's interaction with the observer.”

&#8213; Dr Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics

Location hidden

#61830 Nov 3, 2013
“Subatomic particles do not exist but rather show 'tendencies to exist', and atomic events do not occur with certainty at definite times and in definite ways, but rather show 'tendencies to occur'.”

= Dr Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics

Location hidden

#61831 Nov 3, 2013
“The phenomenon of emergence takes place at critical points of instability that arise from fluctuations in the environment, amplified by feedback loops.”

- Fritjof Capra, The Hidden Connections: A Science for Sustainable Living

Location hidden

#61832 Nov 3, 2013
“A person functioning exclusively in the Cartesian mode may be free from manifest symptoms but cannot be considered mentally healthy. Such individuals typically lead ego-centered, competitive, goal-oriented lives. Over-preoccupied with their past and their future, they tend to have a limited awareness of the present and thus a limited ability to derive satisfaction from ordinary activities in everyday life. They concentrate on manipulating the external world and measure their living standard by the quantity of material possessions, while they become ever more alienated from their inner world and unable to appreciate the process of life. For people whose existence is dominated by this mode of experience no level of wealth, power, or fame will bring genuine satisfaction”

- Dr Fritjof Capra

Location hidden

#61833 Nov 3, 2013
"Because of the essential limitations of the rational mind, we have to accept the fact that, as Werner Heisenberg phrases it,'every word or concept, clear as it may seem to be, has only a limited range of applicability.' Scientific theories can never provide a complete and definitive description of reality. They will always be approximations to the true nature of things."

- Dr Fritjof Capra, The Turning Point, page 48

Location hidden

#61834 Nov 3, 2013
Dr Fritjof Capra, founding director of the Center for Ecoliteracy in Berkeley, CA, promotes ecology and systems thinking in primary and secondary education. Capra is a physicist and systems theorist, who received his PhD from the University of Vienna in 1965 before spending 20 years in particle-physics research. He is the author of several international bestsellers, including The Tao of Physics, The Turning Point, The Web of Life and The Hidden Connections.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Silver City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mimbres area 7 hr La Carmencita 1
Grant County Corruption (Apr '10) Tue silly12 6
A Possible Situation? Oct 13 yankeedudell 3
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Oct 13 yankeedudell 47
Forgery Cover up by GCSO Oct 13 Nick Jonas 2
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Sep 29 Insect Trust 32
WNMU students graduate from Police Academy (Jun '10) Sep '14 Really 8
Silver City Dating
Find my Match

Silver City Jobs