Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,257
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
Voluntarist

United States

#52738 May 18, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then you agree more with the other fellow, Voluntarist.
He and I have had a long discussion on the subject.
Taxes are certainly forced on us but I would argue partially with my own input as I'm a voter and agree with some though not all uses of my tax money.
I am glad that you agree that there is a gun to your head to pay taxes.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52739 May 18, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are always attacking the messenger yet you use the UN as some kind of authority.
Reread the post. It had nothing to do with accepting the UN as an authority. In fact, the point the author (not me) was making was that it didnt matter WHAT the international scientists (What you are calling the UN) thought

Reading Comprehension!!

not impressed

Location hidden

#52740 May 18, 2013
I WON'T BOTHER explaining to you why your post misses the point. I'll let you figure it out again by reading this:

"Many studies simply defer to the expert summary of climate science research put together by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which states that most of the global warming since the mid-20th century has been caused by humans. According to recent research, that statement is actually too conservative..."
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are always attacking the messenger yet you use the UN as some kind of authority.

Location hidden

#52741 May 18, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad that you agree that there is a gun to your head to pay taxes.
oh the SHOCK

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#52742 May 18, 2013
UN is a front for imperialism, subtle manipulation and dirty underhand tactics - only fools believe in the effectiveness and legitimacy of the UN. LOL.

Location hidden

#52743 May 18, 2013
Global warming and colder than usual winters. ROFL.

Location hidden

#52745 May 18, 2013
The sum total of carbon in various forms on earth is fixed and unless carbon as CO2 or in any other form is increasing in volume as a result of being generated in huge amounts on earth or is entering the earth's atmosphere from extra-terrestrial sources, we need not panic about fluctuations in the amount of CO2 in the earth's atmosphere. These are temporary and local phenomena. Rise/fall of CO2 levels is a natural geochemical cycle linked to the unlocking or conversion of locked carbon into carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide and other forms of carbon.

Location hidden

#52746 May 18, 2013
SCIENTIST MAY LOSE JOBS OF THEY DEBUNK GLOBAL WARMING:

ROFL:

Although the number of publicly dissenting scientists is growing, many young scientists furtively say that while they also have serious doubts about the global-warming message, they are afraid to speak up for fear of not being promoted—or worse. They have good reason to worry. In 2003, Dr. Chris de Freitas, the editor of the journal Climate Research, dared to publish a peer-reviewed article with the politically incorrect (but factually correct) conclusion that the recent warming is not unusual in the context of climate changes over the past thousand years. The international warming establishment quickly mounted a determined campaign to have Dr. de Freitas removed from his editorial job and fired from his university position. Fortunately, Dr. de Freitas was able to keep his university job.

- Washington Post

Location hidden

#52747 May 18, 2013
TYPO

The title should read:

SCIENTISTS MAY LOSE JOBS IF THEY DEBUNK GLOBAL WARMING:

Location hidden

#52748 May 18, 2013
Mathematically challenged fools with a poor grasp of scientific concepts and zero reasoning skills are toeing the questionable line of the establishment. These fools cannot even calculate the oxidation state of an element in a redox reaction and are attempting to debate global warming. LOL.

Location hidden

#52749 May 18, 2013
They all believed back in the 80's that we'd be relegated to living indoors or contract skin cancer or whatever because of the thinning in the ozone layer. LOL.

Location hidden

#52750 May 18, 2013
Is H2O a more powerful greenhouse gas than CO2 given its high specific heat capacity?

Location hidden

#52751 May 18, 2013
So, could it be that H2O as water vapor accounts for around 90% of the greenhouse effect with CO2 and CH4 contributing the rest? It's said that 5% to 8% of the CO2 emitted comes from man-made sources.

Location hidden

#52752 May 18, 2013
Due to the world-wide cooling, even Al Gore now no longer talks about Global warming but climate change. ROFL.

Location hidden

#52754 May 18, 2013
CONTRADICTORY STATEMENTS MADE BY JESUS:

1) "Peace, my peace, I give you...."

John 14:27

2) "I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword"

Matthew 10:34

COMMENTS: Jesus gave his so-called peace to those who followed him (his disciples) but for the rest, in typical vindictive fashion, he cursed them by saying that he came to give them a sword (violence, introduce discord, create a rift, etc). His words and actions are truly fanatical - a megalomaniac, egoist and an extremist demanding complete subservience from people, or else a curse falls on them. Shame.
Voluntarist

United States

#52755 May 18, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
I WON'T BOTHER explaining to you why your post misses the point. I'll let you figure it out again by reading this:
"Many studies simply defer to the expert summary of climate science research put together by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which states that most of the global warming since the mid-20th century has been caused by humans. According to recent research, that statement is actually too conservative..."
<quoted text>
Stupid is as stupid does forest, you are a global warming cult member.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#52756 May 18, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a Jew of color like Sammy Davis, Jr.
He was a great entertainer who could do it all.
Singing, dancing, acting, jokes etc.
A real credit to the chosen people.
I had thought you were Christian.
I don't think you actually ever put a name to your religion.
Not that you're under any obligation to do so.
Former---You're a Jew of color like Sammy Davis, Jr.

HughBe--- I am NOT a Jew. I am here on earth in part because of Jewish biology. I am Jet-black in colour and beautiful.

Former---I had thought you were Christian.

HughBe--- Some Jews are Christians. Some Jews are into Eastern religions. Many Jews are into Judaism. Many Jews are like you and are NOT into any god or God.

Jews are RACE. Jews are NOT religion.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#52757 May 18, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then you agree more with the other fellow, Voluntarist.
He and I have had a long discussion on the subject.
Taxes are certainly forced on us but I would argue partially with my own input as I'm a voter and agree with some though not all uses of my tax money.
Former---Well then you agree more with the other fellow, Voluntarist.

HughBe--- Perhaps but I believe that I am in agreement with you but I have chosen different words. Read the posts below again.

Former---I pay them because it's a DEBT and
if one does not pay he is subject to legal proceeding/entanglements
which would result in fines, high legal costs and possible imprisonment.

HughBe--- I would use the word DUTY instead of DEBT even if legally it is called a DEBT.
I am inclined to see it as FORCED payments that are determined by others without my input.
I am also inclined to see it as COVETOUSNESS by those who have power to take my money against my will.
In essence it is a type of extortion.

Location hidden

#52758 May 19, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid is as stupid does forest, you are a global warming cult member.
And I am still waiting for a critique of the article I posted a few days ago.

I am not afraid to confront and discuss the scientific literature and the actual science. Unlike you, I am willing to move beyond talking points.

I am far from ideological on the issue. I am not the one claiming a blanket claim that CO2 is is good (or bad) for plants. Not am I the one claiming that all research is bad.

Those are blanket claims, talking points, and a lot more indicative of cult thinking.

Location hidden

#52759 May 19, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews are RACE. Jews are NOT religion.
Judaism is the religion. The people that practice that religion are Jews.

For someone who claims they are sensitive to the use of language (It is COVETOUS and EXTORTION to pay taxes) you sure are selectively DENSE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Silver City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
* the Silver City Daily Press * Dec 9 billie 1
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... Dec 9 billie 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Dec 7 Insect Trust 44
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Nov '14 Realist 615
Silver City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Silver City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Silver City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Silver City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:37 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:37PM