Same in Mumbai, at least.<quoted text>
Speaking of hygeine, 99% of the US has drinkable water straight from the tap.
How is it in India?
In the villages, people drink ground water that is pumped out of the ground.
By hygiene, I mean something more personal -
1) How you bathe daily?
2) Do you bathe at least twice a day?
3) Do you use toilet paper or wash with water after defecating?
4) Do you wash the penis after urinating?
5) Do you wear a separate set of clothes to the bathroom when you enter it for defecating or do you wear the same clothes that you use elsewhere?
6) Is the bathing and washing area in the same room as the commode (toilet pot)?
7) Do you share plates, glasses, cutlery, napkins at home?
8) Do you wash your inner wear separately or dump it with your other clothes and with the soiled clothes of family members?
9) Do you wash your hands each time you touch your nose, hair, armpits, feet, groin, ass, mouth and ears?
10) Do you change bed linen everyday?
11) Do you wash and clean your entire house everyday?
12) How often do you change upholstery and curtains?
13) Do you walk all over you house in the same footwear that you use outside the house?
14) Do you wear separate foot wear when entering the bathroom (toilet area)?
15) Do you wash your feet and hands after exiting the toilet?
16) Do you brush your teeth twice a day?