Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72042 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

JOEL PASTAKIA

Mumbai, India

#34855 May 6, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Speaking of hygeine, 99% of the US has drinkable water straight from the tap.

How is it in India?
Same in Mumbai, at least.

In the villages, people drink ground water that is pumped out of the ground.

By hygiene, I mean something more personal -

1) How you bathe daily?

2) Do you bathe at least twice a day?

3) Do you use toilet paper or wash with water after defecating?

4) Do you wash the penis after urinating?

5) Do you wear a separate set of clothes to the bathroom when you enter it for defecating or do you wear the same clothes that you use elsewhere?

6) Is the bathing and washing area in the same room as the commode (toilet pot)?

7) Do you share plates, glasses, cutlery, napkins at home?

8) Do you wash your inner wear separately or dump it with your other clothes and with the soiled clothes of family members?

9) Do you wash your hands each time you touch your nose, hair, armpits, feet, groin, ass, mouth and ears?

10) Do you change bed linen everyday?

11) Do you wash and clean your entire house everyday?

12) How often do you change upholstery and curtains?

13) Do you walk all over you house in the same footwear that you use outside the house?

14) Do you wear separate foot wear when entering the bathroom (toilet area)?

15) Do you wash your feet and hands after exiting the toilet?

16) Do you brush your teeth twice a day?

And more
JOEL PASTAKIA

Mumbai, India

#34856 May 6, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Its easy to poke fun at the frivolous purchases of the wealthy, but their effect on the local economy can be considerable.
True.

But, I am glad that I have opted out of such a crass and meaningless lifestyle.

But, the high spending of the high spending party crowd boosts the local economy given the way society is structured in the world.

There will not be any of this in the coming supramental age.

These days, I rarely go out to party with friends like Karl, Zubin, Gautam and others and if I am forcibly pulled along I don't eat anything because of the hyper-sensitivity of my nerves and just sip on Perrier water or a juice.

I prefer to stay at home and given the new intensity of the yoga, I am compelled to stay indoors most of the times.
JOEL PASTAKIA

Mumbai, India

#34857 May 6, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Buford lives in West Virginia which is a very unique state. His vocation is also very unique, though not that suprising considering the traditional heritage of where he lives.
Ok, dignity of labor.

Good luck to the carpenter, Buford.

But, he lacks class, culture, intelligence, spiritualism and knows nothing about the subtler side of materialism.

He's that typical lower middle class, loud, brash, argumentative, insensitive, tactless American.

He and cheap Shoney's. LOL.

I don't like his attitude.

I'd warned him of staying within limits on several occasions in the past and helped him stabilize but he took everything as a joke and his Jesus mania came in and ruined it all.

Basically, he is not sincere.

Are you aware of the fact that Buford's present aura or force field is more warped and impure than even Hugh's, Alex's or Skeptic's?

Buford is heading for total destruction.

I'll not intervene to save him.

The ones with the most perverse and harmful force fields are Rabbee, Dovid and Matt.

Voluntarist

Newark, NJ

#34859 May 6, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>It doesnt matter. You seem to be having an issue, not me.
And it seems to be related to hygeine.
Speaking of hygeine, 99% of the US has drinkable water straight from the tap. How is it in India?
Oh no, filled with flouride and other toxins.
Voluntarist

Newark, NJ

#34860 May 6, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys are being had.
Here a bottle of Blue can be purchased for about $200 bucks. And even that is robbery on behalf of the suppliers.
Personally, I shed no tears when rich people get ripped off.
----------
Why Johnnie Walker Blue Is $200 and Other Marketing Tricks to Make You Spend
http://www.asylum.com/2010/01/07/marketing-tr...
That is subjective, value is in the eye of the buyer, doesnt always come down to dollars and cents.
Scholar

Ghisalba, Italy

#34861 May 6, 2012
JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
NOTE:
Did I ever say that $ 60,000 was for one person?
Did I eversay that you say that 60,000 USD for one person?
JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
But, yes, in many cases a single person spends $ 60,000 or more on himself every month.
That's called middle class.
JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
There are many such cases among the people I personally know.
why do you talk about others, when yourself is a self claimed "multi-millionaire"?
JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
On the whole,$ 60,000 or much more is the average monthly budget for a family of say 3.
This amount of $ 60,000 per month covers food, entertainment, air travel to neighboring Indian cities, small purchases like electronics, clothes, etc.
What are you talking about? In the other post you said that the minimum price for clothes is about 12,000 USD. Now take a multi-millionaire woman that want to make shopping, and as any woman does she goes and buy several clothes from different famous brand names, if just simple clothes cost, as you said, 12,000 USD, what if she bought 5 or 6 all at that ridiculous price? Only with 5 simple clothes she lost just 60,000 USD. Without buying the various accesories. So let alone a multi-millionaire would spend 60,000 UDS in a month, and above all a family of 3 spending the same among in 30 days. You are embarassing yourself.
JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
The big expenses like monthly investments in shares, purchase of real estate in India or abroad, holidays abroad, purchase of gold, platinum or diamond jewelery, etc, amount to far more and run into millions of dollars on a yearly basis.
Yawn, obvious.
JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
Most wealthy Indians have hidden accounts abroad.
Happens, nothing new.
Scholar

Ghisalba, Italy

#34862 May 6, 2012
JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
The top end fashion designers charge anywhere from $ 12,000 upwards for say a simple suit ensemble or a for a simple dress.
The higher end clothes range from $ 18,000 to $ 50,000.
Go to any of the Paris, London, Los Angeles or Mumbai boutiques and find out in person.
If the haute couture outfit is adorned with genuine crystals or has pure gold embroidery or is encrusted with diamonds then only does the rate rise exorbitantly and goes beyond $ 50,000.
Have you ever bought a haute couture outfit?
Which courtier?
Give me the details.
You are into cheap pret lines.
Top designers charge depending on the requirements.
I don't need to go in Paris, London, Los Angels or Mumbai to verify if what you told me is true. I live in Italy where some of the world most famous stylists are at, and if you don't have the minimum amount of 20,000 to aquire a simple haute couture -without the various valuable applications - you'd better go back to Mumbai.
Scholar

Ghisalba, Italy

#34863 May 6, 2012
WOW

I wrote only one post and Joel replying me with more than 5 posts. I think I hit something, and it must really hurts to him.
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#34864 May 6, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no, filled with flouride and other toxins.
Please provide me with a scientifically credible link or reference that asserts that flouride is toxic.
Scholar

Ghisalba, Italy

#34865 May 6, 2012
JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
<quoted text>
Weren't you the one who said that you have a couple of Johnny Walker Red Labels (cheap stuff) costing just $ 100 per bottle.
True, if you but that from a duty free shop.
The real scotch is Johnny Walker Blue Label and in the top end 5 star hotels like the Taj with the exorbitant rates and all the multiple taxes the bill for just 1 JW Blue Label amounts to Rs 60,000 or more (roughly $ 1200 or more) per bottle depending on the restaurant or nightclub.
To be fair I said I have a couple of red labels and a black one. The Johnny Walker Blue Label costs about 200 USD, which is cheap as well. If you are a multi-millionaire then what's so great to drink the Blue Label that a whatever middle class can afford it?

A real multi-millionaire can have any John Walker Blue or other labels he wants, but if he wants to make the braggart then he has to talk about Dalmore 64 Trinitas or The Macallan 1926 and other more expensives.

But then I cannot expect anything seriously expensive from a multi-millionaire wannabe.
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#34866 May 6, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
That is subjective, value is in the eye of the buyer, doesnt always come down to dollars and cents.
I wish that was true. But in these days of internet commerce it is not that difficult to compare prices and even to source the product.

Go ahead and buy the Blue at $200+ a pop. It an economic stimulus and I am all for it. Plus, a fool and his money is soon parted.
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#34867 May 6, 2012
Scholar wrote:
WOW
I wrote only one post and Joel replying me with more than 5 posts. I think I hit something, and it must really hurts to him.
Its not about the quantity of posts, its about the quantity WITHIN the post. Yes, judging from that, you most definitely got his attention.
Scholar

Ghisalba, Italy

#34868 May 6, 2012
JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember you telling me once that you're idea of a treat was a tiramisu cake.
What a laugh I had, then.
That's a pure lie. I just said that since it was a hot summer I bought a Tiramisu cake. The rest is your fantasy.
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#34870 May 6, 2012
JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
<quoted text>
Same in Mumbai, at least.
In the villages, people drink ground water that is pumped out of the ground.
By hygiene, I mean something more personal -
1) How you bathe daily?
2) Do you bathe at least twice a day?
3) Do you use toilet paper or wash with water after defecating?
4) Do you wash the penis after urinating?
5) Do you wear a separate set of clothes to the bathroom when you enter it for defecating or do you wear the same clothes that you use elsewhere?
6) Is the bathing and washing area in the same room as the commode (toilet pot)?
7) Do you share plates, glasses, cutlery, napkins at home?
8) Do you wash your inner wear separately or dump it with your other clothes and with the soiled clothes of family members?
9) Do you wash your hands each time you touch your nose, hair, armpits, feet, groin, ass, mouth and ears?
10) Do you change bed linen everyday?
11) Do you wash and clean your entire house everyday?
12) How often do you change upholstery and curtains?
13) Do you walk all over you house in the same footwear that you use outside the house?
14) Do you wear separate foot wear when entering the bathroom (toilet area)?
15) Do you wash your feet and hands after exiting the toilet?
16) Do you brush your teeth twice a day?
And more
1. cheerfully

2. depends how dirty I get
3. I have elves on standby that do all of this for me
4. It never asked. If it did, I might consider
5. I know noone who does that. That includes me.
6. DO I live in West Virginia?(no offense - Buford)
7. Of course
8. I wonder about you.
9. I wonder even more about you
10. My elves do that for me too
11. My house has a self cleaning button
12. No curtains, and we sit on rocks
13. and 14. Shoes are not worn in the house
15. I was my hands everytime, but only my feet if I happen to dunk them in the toilet
16. The better question is how often I floss.
Voluntarist

Baltimore, MD

#34871 May 6, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide me with a scientifically credible link or reference that asserts that flouride is toxic.
Flouride is a toxin, a product from aluminum manufacturing, it is toxic waste that used to be costly to get rid of.
So what is a company to do? Makeit consumable so it is an asset instead of a expensive toxin.
The history of flouride is fascinating.
If you dont think it is toxic then go ahead and get a bottle of flouride rinse and down it, if you are still alive let me know how it tastes.
If you want sources I cant copy and paste on this phone so check out flouridefreeaustin.com the woman running has it down pack.
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#34872 May 6, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Flouride is a toxin, a product from aluminum manufacturing, it is toxic waste that used to be costly to get rid of.
So what is a company to do? Makeit consumable so it is an asset instead of a expensive toxin.
The history of flouride is fascinating.
If you dont think it is toxic then go ahead and get a bottle of flouride rinse and down it, if you are still alive let me know how it tastes.
If you want sources I cant copy and paste on this phone so check out flouridefreeaustin.com the woman running has it down pack.
There are a lot of chemicals that are toxic at certain doses and helpful at others.

What ppm is flouride toxic to humans? What level of flouride is in drinking water?
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#34873 May 6, 2012
A toxic dose that may lead to adverse health effects is estimated at 3 to 5 mg/kg of elemental fluoride.[4] Ingestion of fluoride can produce gastrointestinal discomfort at doses at least 15 to 20 times lower (0.20.3 mg/kg) than lethal doses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluoride_toxicit...
Voluntarist

Baltimore, MD

#34874 May 6, 2012
Fluoride is reported to be the main ingrediant in prozac
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#34875 May 6, 2012
The MCLG for fluoride is 4.0 mg/L or 4.0 ppm. EPA has set this level of protection based on the best available science to prevent potential health problems. EPA has set an enforceable regulation for fluoride, called a maximum contaminant level (MCL), at 4.0 mg/L or 4.0 ppm. MCLs are set as close to the health goals as possible, considering cost, benefits and the ability of public water systems to detect and remove contaminants using suitable treatment technologies. In this case, the MCL equals the MCLG, because analytical methods or treatment technology do not pose any limitation.

EPA has also set a secondary standard (SMCL) for fluoride at 2.0 mg/L or 2.0 ppm. Secondary standards are non-enforceable guidelines regulating contaminants that may cause cosmetic effects (such as skin or tooth discoloration) or aesthetic effects (such as taste, odor, or color) in drinking water.
http://water.epa.gov/drink/contaminants/basic...
JOEL PASTAKIA

Mumbai, India

#34876 May 6, 2012
WORD:

1) A JW Blue costs $ 200 if you buy it from a duty free shop.

2) In India imported alcohol, is heavily taxed.

3) 5 star rates are exorbitant what with their high tariffs and the multiple luxury taxes.

4) A JW Blue Label bottle costs a high of Rs 60,000 ($ 1200) when drunk in the Taj.

5) Ask any regular who visits the restaurants of the Taj and they'll tell you the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Silver City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Twenty-five car pile-up leaves six people dead Wed Budda Gojkovich 2
News Fiesta Latina heats things upJune 19th, 2017 Jun 20 I love the southwest 1
News 16-year-old student dies (May '07) Jun 12 Cherie griego 10
News Man caught hunting out of season fined $4k Jun 6 Bob 1
News Doctor accused of inappropriate exam behavior t... (Nov '09) Jun 3 Yimminy Rickets 356
Former deputy Michel Aguirre back in custody May '17 Silver City Daily... 1
Local Politics Do you approve of James R. Marshall as Mayor? (Mar '12) Apr '17 bewildered 5

Silver City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Silver City Mortgages