BREAKING: Results at press time: Villaneuva defeats Olver for Sheriff's seat in Grant County

SILVER CITY With 28 out of 35 precincts reporting by press time, Grant County Sheriff Raul Villanueva appeared to be the clear winner with more than 1,000 votes over Republican challenger Wayne Olver, according to the Grant County Clerk s office. Full Story
Wondering

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Nov 3, 2010
To My Fellow Grant County Residents:

With Villanueva elected to be our Sheriff you can continue to look forward to more DRUG VIOLENCE GANG VIOLENCE UNSOLVED MURDERS. You can also say that behavior within the department has been endorsed.

It is a sad day for Grant County to say that we have been satisfied with him in office.
Robert Brand

Westhampton Beach, NY

#2 Nov 3, 2010
While the incumbent sheriff has won a clear victory over his opponent,it is clear that many of his constituents are NOT happy with him in office. It is HIS job to try to assist and help all the tax payers in his jurisdiction,after all they pay his salary and that of his subordinates.The public can be a tough crowd,however they deserve the right to see results.The sheriff and his organization work for the people,ALL of the people,so lets see patrol cars even in the remotest parts of the county,invest money in law enforcement that works. The BEST to you Sheriff Villanueva,however get some results in priority issues. To the people of Silver City, Grant County, and adjoining areas of New Mexico, I love your state,and enjoy visiting,ALOT of nice people. Thanks for listening, Bob Brand, East Moriches,N.Y.
Hey Raul

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Nov 3, 2010
WHO killed Rachel Sierra?
Grant County is DOOMED.
Crime controls Grant County. NOT law enforcement.
IDIOTS.
wowzers

Silver City, NM

#4 Nov 3, 2010
A sad day in Grant County...for all of those who voted for Raul, and for all of us in general, we can expect to see the deeply rooted corruption within the County continue for years to come...
On the sidwalk

Placitas, NM

#5 Nov 3, 2010
After GW Bush's 2004 re-election my faith the national IQ was shaken to its knees. After this election I am left with no faith in our nation's intelligence at all.
Scared For My Safety

Silver City, NM

#6 Nov 3, 2010
Robert Brand wrote:
While the incumbent sheriff has won a clear victory over his opponent,it is clear that many of his constituents are NOT happy with him in office. It is HIS job to try to assist and help all the tax payers in his jurisdiction,after all they pay his salary and that of his subordinates.The public can be a tough crowd,however they deserve the right to see results.The sheriff and his organization work for the people,ALL of the people,so lets see patrol cars even in the remotest parts of the county,invest money in law enforcement that works. The BEST to you Sheriff Villanueva,however get some results in priority issues. To the people of Silver City, Grant County, and adjoining areas of New Mexico, I love your state,and enjoy visiting,ALOT of nice people. Thanks for listening, Bob Brand, East Moriches,N.Y.
Robert Brand may I commend you for using your real name!!! Sadly there is a better chance of meatballs raining from the sky than Sheriff's Deputies patrolling past the Membres, or Hwy 15. If Rachael Sierra's death is ever solved it will be by somebody like Olver. As for drugs; D.A.R.E. introduces kids to drugs, arresting the user won't put the dealer out of business, and one doesn't arrest family. Grant County is in deep doo-doo.
just saying

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Nov 3, 2010
Good grief, while I am not a huge fan of Raul, have any of you people even MET Wayne Oliver? He's even MORE clueless than the other Sheriffs we've had. Just because he had a federal job (is that a plus????), doesn't mean he would make a good Sheriff. Anyone who thinks a Sheriff can stop corruption in Grant County is already breaking the law by smoking whacky tabaccy.
Ron

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Nov 3, 2010
On the sidwalk wrote:
After GW Bush's 2004 re-election my faith the national IQ was shaken to its knees. After this election I am left with no faith in our nation's intelligence at all.
Along comes Sarah Palin.
Concerned Citizen

Silver City, NM

#9 Nov 5, 2010
What I would like to know what's going with those Deputies that are on paid administrative leave? Are we as tax payers gonna keep paying them for not doing there job? Any time the county is doing a investigation it seems to last forever so they keep getting paid for still not doing there job!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Silver City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Tue JOEL 71,541
Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument may rais... Jan 26 msgtdon 1
Town council approves restoration of the Silco ... Jan 23 Tony Betterton 2
Carlsbad air service provider will not renew co... Jan 23 Maybe 2
Silver City police search landfill for missing ... (Jun '11) Jan 23 citizencares 22
Your View: Letters to the editor (April 5) (Apr '11) Jan 13 Adl 5
Silver City-Grant County TEA Party Patriots hos... (Apr '14) Jan 7 WherdaPhuckawee 2

Winter Storm Warning for Grant County was issued at January 30 at 6:49AM MST

Silver City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Silver City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:13 pm PST

NBC Sports12:13PM
Miami gets record donation from former 'Cane Calais Campbell