16 accused of taking $574k in fraudul...

16 accused of taking $574k in fraudulent CYFD payments

There are 45 comments on the KRQE Albuquerque and New Mexico story from May 14, 2008, titled 16 accused of taking $574k in fraudulent CYFD payments. In it, KRQE Albuquerque and New Mexico reports that:

A former state Children, Youth and Families Department worker and several other Silver City-area residents are accused of defrauding the state of more than $500,000. Authorities say 34-year-old Andrea Munoz is ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KRQE Albuquerque and New Mexico.

Camp Cook

Tucson, AZ

#23 Jul 11, 2009
LMAO wrote:
Too funny Frances Clark...what did they do with the loot??? Hahaha
These people stole half a million dollars! I doubt if they put the money in stocks or in a savings to send their kids to college. They probably spent it on new cars,clothes,driving through the fast food places 50 times a day, Wal-mart, beer etc. They sure as hell did not give it to charity.

Anyone else have any ideas what happened to the half a million dollars?
Shania

United States

#24 Jul 14, 2009
Well they sure as hell didn't do any good with it that's for sure. One thief actually paid back $8,000 the day after being put on probation, so she obviously had a nice bank account thanks to the CYFD. But what goes around comes around and she will be punished for that one day. I can't believe how these horrible people got away with this, it's pathetic, I agree with everyone on this about them doing some hard community service.
Camp Cook

Tucson, AZ

#25 Jul 15, 2009
If it is true that people are moving out of Silver City because of "problems" that come with living in that community, then only the "problem makers" will be left behind. Uh Oh...!
Shania

United States

#26 Jul 16, 2009
Camp Cook wrote:
If it is true that people are moving out of Silver City because of "problems" that come with living in that community, then only the "problem makers" will be left behind. Uh Oh...!
Then the "trouble makers" can steal from each other lol
Debbie

United States

#27 Jul 17, 2009
This is so true that we completely swept this under the rug, and these people have gotten away with it all. Everyone on this bored is right, they all walk with their heads held high. I guess a lot of people don't care for this Tammy Dean and her husband, well I'm sure there is a good reason why. Are they originally from Silver City? I've heared of them but don't know them personaly, and from reading about them I guess I'm better off not knowing them. lol lol lol
none of your busniess

United States

#28 Oct 16, 2009
tammy tammy tammy there where others you know that did this crime. You people need to stick your noses else where.
flightless

United States

#29 Nov 12, 2009
wow this a shocker to me Im originally from Silver City and Im just now hearing of this. I hope they get what they deserve
Mee

Silver City, NM

#30 Dec 3, 2009
We want an apology wrote:
OMG I am so glad someone is talking about this scandal today. Everyone got over it like it was no big deal. I mean its hard not to be angry at these thiefs because this is Silver City and we all know everyone and see everyone around just like M RODRIGUEZ said. So when you see and hear of one these goofs going on vacation and so on it really angers you. They need to be locke up not going on vacation. Just like one of the comments said that they would like to see these people doing community service on the side of the road, not at Wal-Mart shopping. I’m not afraid to say names, I know Mrs. Tammy Dean oh too well and she‘s supposedly under house arrest, but from what I can see she’s NOT, WHY? Is it because her husband works for the State Police? That crap shouldn’t matter they need to give her what she deserves and her husband got away with some bulling himself and continues to be an officer. I don’t trust an officer that beats his wife. Do you? I understand everyone makes mistakes but damn some people can get away with whatever huh? Depressing. Once at a family outing my sister’s husband pushed her and she got overly dramatic, I mean I know he shouldn’t have laid his hands on her, but it wasn’t much but a push to get her away, but she called the police and next day he lost his job as a State officer! And according to some of Mr. Dean’s friends and family he beat Mrs. Dean badly there are pictures of her and the tapes of when she called 911. Oh well life is unfair I guess. I just hope I don’t ever get pulled over by him. I feel that the ones that stole all this money should have made a public apology, so how can we go about getting that done? I'm more than willing to make this happen.
Didn't we just go through something like this? This seems to be happening more and more in this town. No wonder there are so many new escalades and lexus's around. It had to be something while the rest of us struggle to get by earning an honest living.
Wolf D

United States

#31 Dec 3, 2009
Mee wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't we just go through something like this? This seems to be happening more and more in this town. No wonder there are so many new escalades and lexus's around. It had to be something while the rest of us struggle to get by earning an honest living.
You got that right, while my wife and I go to work at 4 a.m. every morning, work two jobs just to send our kids to school these criminals are stealing money and it all comes easy to them. I am to very angry with the judgment. They did nothing but make them pay the money back, I surely doubt that that is going to teach them a lesson in life. I guarantee that they will do it again in some way or another. they should have put every guilty face in the paper not just their names. To think that these people are working government jobs LMFAO who hires these people. So we really need felons working for the the hospital or El Refugio helping battered women. What lessons will they have to teach others??? To steal too???? what an embarrassment.
wow

United States

#32 Dec 6, 2009
What losers!
central

United States

#33 Dec 11, 2009
wow wrote:
What losers!
I know this chick you're talking about. She's a damn airhead. It's no wonder she stole money probably can't get a job.
spirits

Sun City, CA

#34 Jun 30, 2011
none of your busniess wrote:
tammy tammy tammy there where others you know that did this crime. You people need to stick your noses else where.
:)
curious

Phoenix, AZ

#35 Jul 21, 2011
Does anyone know Victoria gomez? She's engaged to a cop.
snowbird

Silver City, NM

#36 Jul 22, 2011
curious wrote:
Does anyone know Victoria gomez? She's engaged to a cop.
Why is there no judged "silly D-bag"
curious

Phoenix, AZ

#37 Jul 22, 2011
she was involved and got away with it. Silver city is full of criminals walking the streets.
smh

United States

#38 Jul 22, 2011
curious wrote:
she was involved and got away with it. Silver city is full of criminals walking the streets.
does she work for el refugio? Cyfd? Or any gov. Agency? They all got away with it. Pieces of s**t
Billy

Tempe, AZ

#39 Jul 23, 2011
Vicky Gomez also embezzled from first savings bank when she worked there and yes Shes been with sheriff deputy Mando galindo this whole time I hear he going to run for sheriff or county commissioner soon. I wonder if some of this money will be uses on this campaign?
smh

Whittier, CA

#40 Jul 23, 2011
So from what I've been reading Tammy dean is married to a state police officer as well as Victoria Gómez....wtf? Crooked fools and I bet they all walk around with their heads held high. You money thief morons should be doing some time for this. How could have the balls.to do such a thing? Especially for morons that stole from the Cyfd shame on you!
i wonder

Phoenix, AZ

#41 Aug 8, 2011
I guess Vicky got away with it because she said she was a single self- supporting mom to two girls.?
Diva

Las Cruces, NM

#43 Mar 14, 2012
Debbie wrote:
This is so true that we completely swept this under the rug, and these people have gotten away with it all. Everyone on this bored is right, they all walk with their heads held high. I guess a lot of people don't care for this Tammy Dean and her husband, well I'm sure there is a good reason why. Are they originally from Silver City? I've heared of them but don't know them personaly, and from reading about them I guess I'm better off not knowing them. lol lol lol
Ignorant comments...again. People don't care for Tammy's husband because he's a state police officer - and he's a GOOD MAN and he was born and raised in Grant county - they are both good people, so keep their names out of your ignorant @ss mouths.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Silver City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr Zionism is racism 72,025
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Apr 18 Don Barros Serrano 56
News Murdered woman found at Mule Creek (Dec '08) Apr 16 wwwnorthfortyhomecom 7
News Man charged with murder gets probation (Aug '08) Apr 12 Random chavez 44
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Mar '16 Tony 623
News Silver City police search landfill for missing ... (Jun '11) Feb '16 cupcake 30
Review: 180 Trade And Pawn (Mar '14) Feb '16 cupcake 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Silver City Mortgages