Vehicle hit in shooting Wednesday

Vehicle hit in shooting Wednesday

There are 23 comments on the Silver City Sun-News story from May 15, 2009, titled Vehicle hit in shooting Wednesday. In it, Silver City Sun-News reports that:

At least one vehicle was hit by a bullet during Wednesday's shooting at Gough Park.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver City Sun-News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ContinentalGal

AOL

#1 May 15, 2009
Whoever is involved in this shooting should be charged under the Domestic Terrorist Act. We've got a Blues Fest on the way. What's this do for the publicity for that? How about how this eventually affects the economy around here because people will be afraid to come here. They'll think this is the Wild West in Silver. We've got a town that has ugly crap going on all the time but we hardly know the Whole Story. What even happened to the Police Blotter in this paper? What happened with the case of the dead dude from last year that was found out in the forest? Did that case get solved or is it now a 'cold case'? Who's setting all these little brush fires around town? I thought there's a gang unit in this town. Or is it chopped from the budget now? Silver use to be a decent little town but now it's starting to get as crappy as Tucson or Albuquerque or Even nasty ol Phoenix.
4Real

Albuquerque, NM

#2 May 15, 2009
ContinentalGal wrote:
Whoever is involved in this shooting should be charged under the Domestic Terrorist Act. We've got a Blues Fest on the way. What's this do for the publicity for that? How about how this eventually affects the economy around here because people will be afraid to come here. They'll think this is the Wild West in Silver. We've got a town that has ugly crap going on all the time but we hardly know the Whole Story. What even happened to the Police Blotter in this paper? What happened with the case of the dead dude from last year that was found out in the forest? Did that case get solved or is it now a 'cold case'? Who's setting all these little brush fires around town? I thought there's a gang unit in this town. Or is it chopped from the budget now? Silver use to be a decent little town but now it's starting to get as crappy as Tucson or Albuquerque or Even nasty ol Phoenix.
They will try to cover this up so it doesn't get a lot of media attention because it fits into the BIG LIE that is Grant county. The powers that be would rather play like stuff doesn't happen here so the innocent tourists will come spend their money. No thought to the safety of anyone-just don't lose those tourist dollars. I have to agree with you, Silver City is CRAP.
Silver Sally

Albuquerque, NM

#3 May 15, 2009
Have no fear. It is Silver City policy to deny the existence of gangs. We will be handing out bullet proof vests during the Blues Fest. Thursday nite is gang nite in Silver City and they really out did them selves last nite. First shots fired at 10:46pm. The difference between a gang banger & a Silver City cop...a paycheck.
Garganchuan

Los Angeles, CA

#4 May 15, 2009
ContinentalGal wrote:
Good thing you didn't compare it to Las Cruces! Talk about a real Sh!t hole!
Silver Sally

State College, PA

#5 May 15, 2009
April 28, 2007. Gang banger Anthony Gonzales knifes & murders Anthony Montoya in the Silver High parking lot. City officials state "No gang problems". The piece of crap that hands him the knife a gang banger police informant.
nobody

Albuquerque, NM

#6 May 15, 2009
I am writing to address the "drive-by" shooting that occurred at Gough Park on Wednesday. Maybe now since, Mayor James Marshall and Silver City Manager Alex Brown were both directly affected by the incident, harsher sentences will be handed down to these little "thugs" that have taken over our city. You know, not long ago, a bright, athletic young man was stabbed to death in the high school parking lot by one of these little douche bags and still to this very day, I see a group of the worthless little nothings standing just across the street from that very high school, with the police nor the "adult" high school staff doing anything about it. Come on now, run these guys off and let the rest of the productive young people of our society get back to learning without fear. OR SHOULD WE JUST START THE TIMER AND WAIT TILL THE NEXT INNOCENT LIFE GETS TAKEN BY THIS SCUM.... Remember Mayor and Town Manager, just how it felt for you and your loved ones to have to hit the ground at "YOUR" very own city park........
An observer

Silver City, NM

#7 May 15, 2009
After reading all the postings above, I have come to the conclusion that all of you are nothing but DRAMA QUEENS! Honestly, people like you look for problems to gripe about and blame on other people, especially law enforcement. Did you ever think about blaming their parents? How about blaming eye witnesses who refuse to come forward and tell the cops what they saw or what they know?

Sh!t happens, even in Silver City and Grant County. It's still a lot safer living here than say Albuquerque, El Paso, Tucson or Phoenix! Or, how about Palomas?
silver citizen

Albuquerque, NM

#8 May 15, 2009
We live with the corrupt police force & the self serving city officials. The only thing these people understand is their worship of the almighty dollar. The Silver City Blues Fest is the event of the year. I would hate to miss it. Unfortunately, this is the only way to get their attention. Boycott the Blues Fest in order to get Silver City town officials to acknowledge our gang problems.
Silverkid

Silver City, NM

#9 May 15, 2009
An observer wrote:
After reading all the postings above, I have come to the conclusion that all of you are nothing but DRAMA QUEENS! Honestly, people like you look for problems to gripe about and blame on other people, especially law enforcement. Did you ever think about blaming their parents? How about blaming eye witnesses who refuse to come forward and tell the cops what they saw or what they know?
Sh!t happens, even in Silver City and Grant County.
It's still a lot safer living here than say Albuquerque, El Paso, Tucson or Phoenix! Or, how about Palomas?
Who will protect the witnesses from retaliation - CERTAINLY NOT THE COPS! This does not bode well for the city with the 4th of July coming up: as well as, the blues fest.

Dirty cops abound here in town - that is simply the truth.
silver citizen

Albuquerque, NM

#10 May 15, 2009
No one with a brain in their head would give their name to the Silver City police force. The gang bangers would then know where you live & Captain Corruption doesn't tolerate any messing with his kickbacks.
Silver Sally

Albuquerque, NM

#11 May 15, 2009
An observer wrote:
Sh!t happens, even in Silver City and Grant County. It's still a lot safer living here than say Albuquerque, El Paso, Tucson or Phoenix! Or, how about Palomas?
How does the blame game keep our children safe?
An observer

Silver City, NM

#12 May 15, 2009
Silver Sally wrote:
<quoted text> How does the blame game keep our children safe?
You continue to prove my point in my first posting. You people just don't get it! You LOOK for boogers, i.e., corrupt cops, money hungry elected officials,etc. Thank God most people are not always looking for any excuse to blame someone or some group when problems arise.
Country Boy

Silver City, NM

#13 May 15, 2009
An observer wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to prove my point in my first posting. You people just don't get it! You LOOK for boogers, i.e., corrupt cops, money hungry elected officials,etc. Thank God most people are not always looking for any excuse to blame someone or some group when problems arise.
To a point, I have to agree with an observer. Why are so many of you so quick to blame the cops and elected officials? How about demanding that parents be responsible for the conduct of their children? How about asking our local DA why she won't throw the book at these gangbangers rather than "declining to prosecute" because she doesn't know if her prosecuters have the "fire in their gut" to get down and dirty with the defense attorney? How about asking our judges why they continually give these jerks breaks rather than sending them to prison for many years for their constant violations of the law?

There are a whole lot of people (especially parents) to blame for the gangster activities in Silver City and Grant County. Quit pointing your fingers at only a select few!

Since: Jan 09

Mountain View, CA

#14 May 15, 2009
i have to say i mostly aggree with observer and country boy. its the parents and a chicken shit local district attorney that are the root of the problem. i also heard that the sun-news reporter that was with the mayor and town manager at the park during the shooting was assulted at his office the day after the shooting by a gang-banger parent and the police were called there. so, parents and a crappy d.a. get my vote for this mess. not the police.
cat

Las Cruces, NM

#15 May 17, 2009
nobody wrote:
I am writing to address the "drive-by" shooting that occurred at Gough Park on Wednesday. Maybe now since, Mayor James Marshall and Silver City Manager Alex Brown were both directly affected by the incident, harsher sentences will be handed down to these little "thugs" that have taken over our city. You know, not long ago, a bright, athletic young man was stabbed to death in the high school parking lot by one of these little douche bags and still to this very day, I see a group of the worthless little nothings standing just across the street from that very high school, with the police nor the "adult" high school staff doing anything about it. Come on now, run these guys off and let the rest of the productive young people of our society get back to learning without fear. OR SHOULD WE JUST START THE TIMER AND WAIT TILL THE NEXT INNOCENT LIFE GETS TAKEN BY THIS SCUM.... Remember Mayor and Town Manager, just how it felt for you and your loved ones to have to hit the ground at "YOUR" very own city park........
I don't know who you are but no you didn't you did not say "douche bags" did you? This is the town of Silver City and the Police department you are talking about not the gangsters right.
Camp Cook

Tucson, AZ

#16 May 20, 2009
An observer wrote:
<quoted text>
The police in Silver City have always been corrupt. Now that "new blood" has moved into town, more people are speaking up.

"You People" are on the right track. Keep complaining. If first responders i.e., Law enforcement are not doing their job, like prevention, if they know what a suspicious person looks like they have the right to question and search it is called "probable cause".

The parents of these ill bred punks are often the problem. The police know who they are, the town is not that big. But law enforcement is selective in who they themselves terrorize.

That Landon boy who escaped from detention a while back, his mother was an accessory to the stabbing of a high school girl about ten years ago. She should have been home teaching her spawn how to live right instead of terrorizing innocent kids. The nut don't fall to far from the tree.
Lefty

Tucson, AZ

#17 May 20, 2009
Country Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
To a point, I have to agree with an observer. Why are so many of you so quick to blame the cops and elected officials? How about demanding that parents be responsible for the conduct of their children? How about asking our local DA why she won't throw the book at these gangbangers rather than "declining to prosecute" because she doesn't know if her prosecuters have the "fire in their gut" to get down and dirty with the defense attorney? How about asking our judges why they continually give these jerks breaks rather than sending them to prison for many years for their constant violations of the law?
There are a whole lot of people (especially parents) to blame for the gangster activities in Silver City and Grant County. Quit pointing your fingers at only a select few!
You can not demand that a parent teach their kids right from wrong. Parents are private citizens so therefore the public can not demand anything from parents.

What the public can do, and has the right as well as obligation to do is complain to government you know, law enforcement, the DA, etc.

So to the public who does not like what is happening in Silver City, Keep pointing them fingers. I prefer pointing my middle finger at government .
Camp Cook

Tucson, AZ

#18 May 20, 2009
LaughingOldMexican wrote:
i have to say i mostly aggree with observer and country boy. its the parents and a chicken shit local district attorney that are the root of the problem. i also heard that the sun-news reporter that was with the mayor and town manager at the park during the shooting was assulted at his office the day after the shooting by a gang-banger parent and the police were called there. so, parents and a crappy d.a. get my vote for this mess. not the police.
How can the DA be responsible if the POLICE aren't doing their job? Who will the DA prosecute if law enforcement is not enforcing the law?
blue

Albuquerque, NM

#19 May 21, 2009
When is everyone going to admit that society and the law took away parents rights to dicipline? You can't look at the kids crosseyed because they will call the the cops on you. I SAY GIVE THE DICIPLINE BACK TO THE PARENTS...see if there will be gangs, the clothes these wanna-be punks wear, the dis-respect towards parents,adults, peers. The parents will take care of it.
Silver Sally

Albuquerque, NM

#20 May 21, 2009
blue:
In Silver City the gang bangers are second & third generation. Their parents & grandparents were/are members of gangs. Average age a Silver City citizen becomes a grandparent...33! We have children raising babies. Are you familiar with our GUTS (growing up together stupid) program. We reward this behavior. Our "parents" don't have a clue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Silver City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 hr Norbert of Norview 71,944
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Aug 21 Pied Piper 50
News A local intstitution Aug 14 EarthwrightsDesigns 1
Federal law enforcement agencies conduct meth s... Aug 1 dmac2030 4
News Yankie Street whitewater Jul '15 Msgtdon 1
News Luna County enters Joint Powers Agreement for C... Jul '15 American Citizen 4
News Luna County Commissioners plan to vote today on... Jun '15 Wizard_Not 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Silver City Mortgages