Man kills girlfriend, self

Man kills girlfriend, self

There are 39 comments on the Silver City Sun-News story from Jun 20, 2011, titled Man kills girlfriend, self. In it, Silver City Sun-News reports that:

A couple's attempt at reconciliation for the sake of their young son ended tragically Sunday night in a murder-suicide at Los Cerros apartments in Silver City.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver City Sun-News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Amazing

Silver City, NM

#24 Jun 21, 2011
This sounds more like a political reply from someone affiliated with the opposition of Ms. Estevez for the office of DA. Give it a break. Modern day politics, especially those involved in campaigns, are truly dysfunctional. Wow so sad that people use tragrdy to promote polics instead of doing that which is right and creating awareness. I have no affiliation to any political candidate for the office of DA, but I did know the parties involved in the tragedy. Even worse is how various entities will scrutinize this tragedy without regard or respect to the children and families. All along, they are "doing the right thing", at least in their own minds.
Paul wrote:
According to nmcourts.gov , Assistant DA Francesca Estevez dismissed the most recent criminal cases against Victor Roman, M-19-VR-201100036 and M-19-VR-201000097, because the victim did not want to proceed. I didn't know the DA gives the victim the sole discretion on whether or not the State pursues charges. Why didn't Ms. Estevez subpoena the victim to trial get her on the stand? If the victim didn't want to cooperate with the DA, why didn't Estevez subpoena the police officers who were called to the scene and filed the police reports?!!! It is absurd that the DA's office doesn't have the balls to go after these perps. No wonder local law enforcement gets so frustrated with the DA's office. And this woman wants to be elected as the next DA of Grant County!!!! This incident could have possibly been prevented if Ms. Estevez had pursued these prior criminal cases against Victor Roman. DO NOT VOTE FOR FRANCESCA ESTEVEZ FOR DA UNLESS YOU WANT MORE OF THE SAME!!!!!!
An Eyewitness

Silver City, NM

#25 Jun 21, 2011
So I understand that victor was a human and has people who are mourning him, and true the abuse wasn't one sided. They both should have been strong enough ,and smart enough to realize they were each others poison. Most of all he should have been strong enough to find another solution other than death....He went with the intention of this...who caries around a sawed shotgun? I was at a birthday party next door and from what really went on that night this news paper article has it all wrong. He shot her in the back and the face, then took his life in the car. It happened at 7:59 I called 911 at 8:00pm exactly. I had to witness her 9 year old come out of the apartment with a face that will haunt my dreams, holding her screaming 1 year old brother, and say "they are dead both of them", I assumed she saw the scene in the back yard already. So I am sorry but the paper needs to get their facts right, because what he did was cold blooded and should not have been his last resort. Murder is never the answer.My prayers go out to all of you effected.
Amazing

Silver City, NM

#26 Jun 21, 2011
AMEN!!! Thank you, that is so well said. I agree, I knew Victor most of his life. No one is perfect. I also am not condoning this tragedy by any means. Both families need support, not scrutiny by the media and so-called helping professionals. This is an opportunity to learn. This an opportunity for growth and change. Step up people and make a difference. Suport these children in a positive and humane way!
his life long friend wrote:
<quoted text>
I have know Victor most of our lives. I completely agree with "his friend." No I am not condoning what happened. But I refuse to judge.I heard about Victor Sunday evening about 8:20 so just a few minutes after this tragedy happened. I cried. Yes I cried for my friend, but also for his family too.
The newspapers are only talking about HER children! What about VICTOR'S children??!! They are suffering too. His mama?? His exteded family which include my daughter and son?? They are all suffering too.
Domestic Violence is never okay, but where was the help for this family? For him? For her? Where was his so called parole officer? She also had a prison record. No on cares until there is a tragedy.
I will continue to pray at night, for Victor, for his children, for Trudy, her children, and for all the family left behind with the unanswered questions.
Rip Victor, you are never alone. May you finally be at peace.
iwasthere

Silver City, NM

#27 Jun 21, 2011
i dont think being a phd in anything denotes the idea that these kids will have a very hard time coping. the two youngest witnessed the whole event. its very sad, i hurt so bad for those children. their faces were the most heartbreaking thing ive ever seen. God will be with those children and i have faith the families will provide the best life they could have after such a tragedy. there is SO much more to the story than what the news tells everyone. there are so many lies in the reports in the news and the papers. honestly there shouldnt be any glorification of either persons in this event other than the children. either side of the family, ALL of their children lost their parents. they woke up monday morning without their mother or father, never to see them again. the two youngest's screams will always haunt me. no body carries around a sawed off shotgun in their car without a purpose. within minutes of our friends seeing him drive to the apartment she was dead on the ground and he had shot himself.
iwasthere

Silver City, NM

#28 Jun 21, 2011
im also not placing complete blame on Victor because like most said, dv can go both ways. no body will ever know the exact details of the argument that lead to the tragedy. God be with everyone involved and Bless every one of the children that both had. i know there are many whom were unmentioned.
THE HOUSE WIFE

United States

#32 Jun 21, 2011
GOD CREATED EVERYONE EQUAL!ALL OF YOU PEOPLE LEAVING YOUR STUPID PATHETIC COMMENTS ON HERE ARE TERRIBLE PEOPLE.GROW UP!DID YOUR MOTHER'S EVER TEACH YOU THE SAYING (IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING NICE TO SAY,SAY IT.IF YOU DON'T THEN KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND YOUR LITTLE FINGERS OFF THE KEYBOARD!)MAY GOD BLESS THIS FAMILY AND HELP THEM TO GET THROUGH THIS!AND TO ALL OF VICTOR AND TRUDY'S CHILDREN AND FAMILY (YOU GUYS HANG IN THERE AND DO NOT LET ALL OF THESE LOW LIFE'S WITH THERE LAME COMMENTS BOTHER YOU.GOD BLESS!
Classmate

United States

#33 Jun 21, 2011
An Eyewitness wrote:
So I understand that victor was a human and has people who are mourning him, and true the abuse wasn't one sided. They both should have been strong enough ,and smart enough to realize they were each others poison. Most of all he should have been strong enough to find another solution other than death....He went with the intention of this...who caries around a sawed shotgun? I was at a birthday party next door and from what really went on that night this news paper article has it all wrong. He shot her in the back and the face, then took his life in the car. It happened at 7:59 I called 911 at 8:00pm exactly. I had to witness her 9 year old come out of the apartment with a face that will haunt my dreams, holding her screaming 1 year old brother, and say "they are dead both of them", I assumed she saw the scene in the back yard already. So I am sorry but the paper needs to get their facts right, because what he did was cold blooded and should not have been his last resort. Murder is never the answer.My prayers go out to all of you effected.
This is just so sad. My heart is breaking for those poor kids. I can't even imagine what a horrible feeling it was for them to have to be present when this happened. This is a HORRIBLE thing, and I pray that their families focus on these kids and babies and make sure they are taken care of and loved and nurtured. I just don't understand this world, why so many awful things have to happen to innocent children. Please take care of those kids.
wise1

United States

#34 Jun 21, 2011
People are blaming everyone but the perp. Victor is the murderer. Now he has to answer to God.
Butterfly

Placitas, NM

#36 Jun 21, 2011
I agree whole heartedly. Estevez is always only about her own agenda, never for actually doing her job and working for the people. I have had numerous disagreements with her poor judgement calls throughout the years. She would rather be a politician and use lies and devious ways to make hersel7632f look good instead of actually doing what is right
Amazing wrote:
This sounds more like a political reply from someone affiliated with the opposition of Ms. Estevez for the office of DA. Give it a break. Modern day politics, especially those involved in campaigns, are truly dysfunctional. Wow so sad that people use tragrdy to promote polics instead of doing that which is right and creating awareness. I have no affiliation to any political candidate for the office of DA, but I did know the parties involved in the tragedy. Even worse is how various entities will scrutinize this tragedy without regard or respect to the children and families. All along, they are "doing the right thing", at least in their own minds.
<quoted text>
friend

Goliad, TX

#43 Jun 21, 2011
Simpson wrote:
<quoted text> I suppose you think people should get a second chance! Yes Victor had his past so dont we all!! Oh I forgot you are perfect. LOL
I knew Victor he had more than enough chances. And look what he ended up doing.
Derrr

Las Cruces, NM

#44 Jun 21, 2011
Simpson wrote:
<quoted text> I suppose you think people should get a second chance! Yes Victor had his past so dont we all!! Oh I forgot you are perfect. LOL
I agree with you. Everybody needs a second chance. These perfectly mean people posting on here about how bad these people were need to be slapped upside the head. They have family left behind who are hurting. Ranting about their loved ones bad traits is so distasteful.
Questionmark

United States

#48 Jun 22, 2011
Where was the child/children during this tragic event. If she was trying to prevent him from taking the child, did the child witness the shootings?

I'm really sorry this had to happen for both sides of the family especially the little ones who now don't have parents.
omg

Huntsville, AL

#49 Jun 22, 2011
Just Sayin wrote:
The one year old may stand a chance , but talk about bad blood
what an idiot you are, you have no clue what you are talking about all those kids are damn good kids thanks to Huertas mom and dad you know the grand parents.
yup

Huntsville, AL

#50 Jun 22, 2011
THE HOUSE WIFE wrote:
GOD CREATED EVERYONE EQUAL!ALL OF YOU PEOPLE LEAVING YOUR STUPID PATHETIC COMMENTS ON HERE ARE TERRIBLE PEOPLE.GROW UP!DID YOUR MOTHER'S EVER TEACH YOU THE SAYING (IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING NICE TO SAY,SAY IT.IF YOU DON'T THEN KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND YOUR LITTLE FINGERS OFF THE KEYBOARD!)MAY GOD BLESS THIS FAMILY AND HELP THEM TO GET THROUGH THIS!AND TO ALL OF VICTOR AND TRUDY'S CHILDREN AND FAMILY (YOU GUYS HANG IN THERE AND DO NOT LET ALL OF THESE LOW LIFE'S WITH THERE LAME COMMENTS BOTHER YOU.GOD BLESS!
I agree, you took the words right out of my mouth THANK YOU
So True

Morenci, AZ

#52 Jun 22, 2011
Simpson wrote:
yeah but we don't all kill either! and beside he choose that path!
His Daughter

United States

#54 Mar 29, 2012
It has been 9 months since my brothers, sisters and I lost our dad and I can tell you the pain has not subsided. It lingers and will always linger in our hearts and our daily lives. To those of you who have helped my family mourn peacefully and have had kind words to express about my dad I thank you most sincerely. To those of you who judge without knowing the facts I pray for you.. I pray that karma has mercy on you. Despite what has been done my dad was one of a kind. A nice man with a big heart. He loved his family and friends very much. I pity the people who have hurtful things to say about him because unfortunately they didn't have the wonderful opportunity to know the man I did. I am not here to defend his actions but to express how much it hurts for total strangers to judge my dad. Not only did my family have to deal with his loss but we had to deal with him being slandered by television reporters, newpaper writers, and heartless strangers who couldn't have sympathy for him or his family. They should be ashamed of themselves because they don't have to deal with the pain, we do. Everyone involved does.
Old Man

Albuquerque, NM

#55 Apr 5, 2012
very old news of people that are not missed..in fact its a better place without them.
Classmate

United States

#56 May 3, 2012
His Daughter wrote:
It has been 9 months since my brothers, sisters and I lost our dad and I can tell you the pain has not subsided. It lingers and will always linger in our hearts and our daily lives. To those of you who have helped my family mourn peacefully and have had kind words to express about my dad I thank you most sincerely. To those of you who judge without knowing the facts I pray for you.. I pray that karma has mercy on you. Despite what has been done my dad was one of a kind. A nice man with a big heart. He loved his family and friends very much. I pity the people who have hurtful things to say about him because unfortunately they didn't have the wonderful opportunity to know the man I did. I am not here to defend his actions but to express how much it hurts for total strangers to judge my dad. Not only did my family have to deal with his loss but we had to deal with him being slandered by television reporters, newpaper writers, and heartless strangers who couldn't have sympathy for him or his family. They should be ashamed of themselves because they don't have to deal with the pain, we do. Everyone involved does.
Some of your siblings lost their mother, as well. I wasn't one of the people who badmouthed your dad, but it was a horrible thing for your siblings to have to witness and that was a choice he made. I continue to pray for you and your siblings.
Old Man

Albuquerque, NM

#57 May 3, 2012
I don't think prayers will work, the kids are now using meth and the biggest dealers in grant county.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Silver City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Prior sex offender from Silver City sentenced t... Feb 13 Dan Yardbird 2
News DA Walks Away from what should have been a DUI ... (Jul '16) Feb 13 rwreck86 3
Confirmed Denny's IS moving into Silver City (Nov '08) Feb 13 FEMA Region lll 29
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Feb 1 doG mnaDed lyHo r... 72,047
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Jan 30 Tony 632
News Bataan Legion prepares Veterans Day ceremony Jan '18 C Kersey 2
Officers, Details added to Bascom Suit Dec '17 Bo Degn 1

Silver City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Silver City Mortgages