Deck the halls

Full story: Silver City Sun-News

The Silver City Fire Department puts up a wreath Friday afternoon at dusk on the Downtown Gateway Arch.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Elkstine

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2010

so has the arch done anything to improve our community?!

“Silver City's Topix Editor”

Since: Jul 07

Silver City, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2010

Elkstine wrote:
so has the arch done anything to improve our community?!
One could ask the same question about *you*.
volunteer

Silver City, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2010

MitchHellman wrote:
<quoted text>
One could ask the same question about *you*.
One could ask the same question about YOU Mitch

“Silver City's Topix Editor”

Since: Jul 07

Silver City, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2010

And I have plenty to tell you. Stop in my store and you'll see thank-you notes from almost every charity and non-profit in this town tacked to my bulletin board-- stacked an inch deep in some spots; I given more cash and in-kind donations than I have taken from this business in profits. Three of my store windows are covered with flyers for events, local businesses, yard sales, etc. that I post at no charge and with no regard to race, religion or political affiliation. I also sell tickets for events held by the Mimbres Region Arts Council, Grant Co. Community Concert Assn., Silver City MainStreet Project and others-- all without taking a commission. I make my store's back room available to anybody who wants to use it for a meeting or party at no charge. I created and periodically distribute a Dining Guide that lists every restaurant in Grant County with address, phone, hours, type of food served, etc., and have recently updated a similar guide to lodgings in the area (that used to be published by the Chamber of Commerce but hasn't been updated in years). I serve on the Lodgers Tax Advisory Board and the advisory board for the Small Business Development Center. All of the above, while still working an average of 65 hours a week running my store.

Thanks for asking. How about you?
blah blah blah

Silver City, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2010

MitchHellman wrote:
And I have plenty to tell you. Stop in my store and you'll see thank-you notes from almost every charity and non-profit in this town tacked to my bulletin board-- stacked an inch deep in some spots; I given more cash and in-kind donations than I have taken from this business in profits. Three of my store windows are covered with flyers for events, local businesses, yard sales, etc. that I post at no charge and with no regard to race, religion or political affiliation. I also sell tickets for events held by the Mimbres Region Arts Council, Grant Co. Community Concert Assn., Silver City MainStreet Project and others-- all without taking a commission. I make my store's back room available to anybody who wants to use it for a meeting or party at no charge. I created and periodically distribute a Dining Guide that lists every restaurant in Grant County with address, phone, hours, type of food served, etc., and have recently updated a similar guide to lodgings in the area (that used to be published by the Chamber of Commerce but hasn't been updated in years). I serve on the Lodgers Tax Advisory Board and the advisory board for the Small Business Development Center. All of the above, while still working an average of 65 hours a week running my store.
Thanks for asking. How about you?
BLAH

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Fire Weather Watch for Grant County was issued at April 20 at 2:20PM MDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Silver City Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Silver City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE