Minnesota ATVs claim a world record f...

Minnesota ATVs claim a world record for longest parade

There are 43 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jun 13, 2009, titled Minnesota ATVs claim a world record for longest parade. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

All-terrain vehicle riders are claiming a world record for their turnout Saturday in Silver Bay, on Minnesota's North Shore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jul 08

Brooklyn Park

#41 Jun 20, 2009
change sucks wrote:
id say the vast majority of atvs are driven on dedicated trails and they arent harming the enviornment. sure there are some that break the laws but that goes with anything else. we built a atv park were they used to mine iron ore for steel for buildings etc, maybe next they'll build an atv park where they mined coal to generate electricity for your electric cars. building your elecric cars converting coal or nuclear to power your electric cars causes just as much if not more damage to the enviornment as atvs could ever. but make no mistake your damage /footprint was there first.what bout the jerk hikers that leave tons of garbage on mountains etc. what about the people that throw diapers all over the place, what about the hmung community that tosses garbage on the lake shores while fishing. what about you alcohol consumers that cause tons of garbage bottling your alchol. pot smokers who have no concern for the enviornment whatsoever.
Im a well versed progressive that takes all things into considerration . not some 60s liberal still stuck in the 60s.
What the heck are you smoking Dude? You are citing a small percentage of millions of people that participate in these activities. Mountain Hiking for instance, encourages and strickly enforces "leave no trace" conduct. If you leave trash up there, you won't have the law to worry about, other hikers might toss you over the edge themselves. What resources do alcohol and pot users use that others don't? You generalities are inane, and you may not be stuck in the 60's but you sure aren't stuck in the real world!
Rob

United States

#42 Jun 20, 2009
Yes "change sucks", all very good points. And I would think an ATV park in an old open pit mine is the best way to have an ATV park. You still haven't addressed my main point. It is your choice to use an odiferous, noisy, polluting ATV for recreation. For many there is no transportation choice other than the automobile. That is a situation forced on us all, unless you live very near to where you're going and can ride a bicycle, weather permitting or on one of the rail lines in the Twin Cities. I'm very well aware that claims made for electric vehicles fall far short of the reality. But that doesn't excuse the unnecessary waste of fuel and pollution that results from your choice of recreation. And it doesn't justify tax payer dollars going into supporting public trails for ATV's.
change sucks

Nemaha, NE

#43 Jun 20, 2009
people that buy atv's pay taxes on gasoline, licenses,sales tax etc and dont drive them on the roads. So like i said refund their tax money cause theyre not using roads and they can fund their own hobbies. why should an atver pay taxes on gasoline etc if hes not using the highways thats what the gasoline and licsense fees go towards. we are all paying taxes for things we dont want so i say go ahead and repeal taxes then you dont have to worry about paying for atv trails and i dont have to worry about paying taxes busing your welfare voters around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Silver Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Two Harbors, MN (Dec '12) Aug 20 jason 4
Findland Air Force Station (Jun '06) Jul 29 mdcrawford 62
News 10 years after Antonich's murder, the pain lingers (Apr '07) Jul '15 peace be with you 51
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jun '15 Richard Vickerman 17
Review: City Of Silver Bay (Mar '14) Mar '14 cyd 1
News Northlanders Will Vote On City Sales Taxes and ... (Nov '12) Dec '12 Willy Nelson 2
News Taconite rebounds on the Iron Range (Mar '11) Mar '11 Pedro 35
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Silver Bay Mortgages