Sex offenders' big TVs will go to vet...

Sex offenders' big TVs will go to veterans homes

There are 7 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 24, 2009, titled Sex offenders' big TVs will go to veterans homes. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Thirteen flat-screen TVs that Gov. Tim Pawlenty ordered removed from a Minnesota sex-offender treatment facility will wind up in veterans homes instead.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Doc Savage

Iran

#1 Oct 24, 2009
At least some deserving people will benefit from this screwup.

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#2 Oct 24, 2009
Thank you, Tim Pawlenty, for making this one turn out right. It's about time we treat our vets at least as good as we treat our sex offenders.
Dick

United States

#3 Oct 24, 2009
BS. Pawlenty is the worst kind of politician. He saw an opportunity to score political points and he jumped on it. The media coverage this matter is disgusting.
gardyfan

Mankato, MN

#4 Oct 24, 2009
Way to go Gov. Pawlenty! and memo to the editor of this story - let's quit with the newspeak - call a spade a spade - a sex-offender treatment facility is a prison. Quit playing the redefinition game.
Hey Now

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Oct 24, 2009
Dick wrote:
BS. Obama is the worst kind of politician. He saw an opportunity to score political points and he jumped on it. The media coverage this matter is disgusting.
I took it upon myself to fix your obvious typo. You're welcome!
Bob the Bilderberg

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Oct 24, 2009
On another comment board, some liberals have argued that the sex offenders shouldn't have the TVs taken away and if they can't have them, the veterans shouldn't get them either.

Apparently implying that disabled vets and sex offenders undergoing treatment are basically on the same moral footing.
Watcher

Eden Prairie, MN

#7 Oct 24, 2009
I'd move my family out here quicker than a dumbocrap changes the rules, except I can't afford to right now.

This state is hugely el sucko dickey.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Silver Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stowaway bear cub boards boat in Minnesota13 mi... Jul 5 next 1
News Bear on freighter Jul 5 next 1
News 28-year-old Two Harbors man held in Megan Ashle... (Dec '07) Jun '16 Thank ur mom 25
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jun '15 Richard Vickerman 17
Review: City Of Silver Bay (Mar '14) Mar '14 cyd 1
News Northlanders Will Vote On City Sales Taxes and ... (Nov '12) Dec '12 Willy Nelson 2
News Taconite rebounds on the Iron Range (Mar '11) Mar '11 Pedro 35

Silver Bay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Silver Bay Mortgages