Minn. veterans homes to get controver...

Minn. veterans homes to get controversial TVs

There are 34 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 23, 2009, titled Minn. veterans homes to get controversial TVs. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Thirteen flat-screen TVs that Gov. Tim Pawlenty ordered removed from a Minnesota sex offender treatment facility will wind up in veterans homes instead.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Javier

Buffalo, MN

#2 Oct 23, 2009
Ooohhh, the libs are going to be P.o'd! Good! I hope he names the people responsible for the purchase too. It boggles the mind that such purchase would be made for societies lowest life forms. Oh, wait, unless this place is run by the same people who actually believe they can be rehabilitated...Democrats.

“Wher's dem turkey necks?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Desert, CA

#4 Oct 23, 2009
Perfect. Now get the the original installers to do it no charge Governor.
jeffrey

Saint Michael, MN

#5 Oct 23, 2009
Every now and then Pawlenty does something right. This is one of them.
Taz

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Oct 23, 2009
a big high five to the GOV for taken care of our VETS the ones that realy deserve those tv. nice job gov. keep up the good work
Stanley

Minnetonka, MN

#7 Oct 23, 2009
Moving those TV's to Veterans' homes is a wonderful idea. Javier, Why do you think progressives would be upset? Moving those TVs to places where people are more deserving is a great idea. I'd rather they put them in VA hospitals, children's hospitals, etc., than sell them.
JJ in shoreview

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Oct 23, 2009
I agree ... about time a decision is made to benefit a deserving group such as our vets.

Since: Jun 09

Olathe, KS

#9 Oct 23, 2009
Why do prisoners need TV anyway? Let them read in their free time. Good job governor.
Javier

Buffalo, MN

#10 Oct 23, 2009
Stanley wrote:
Moving those TV's to Veterans' homes is a wonderful idea. Javier, Why do you think progressives would be upset? Moving those TVs to places where people are more deserving is a great idea. I'd rather they put them in VA hospitals, children's hospitals, etc., than sell them.
Oh, they prefer to be called "progressives" now? Sorry, but hillbillies prefer to be called "sons of the soil" but thats not going to happen either. Where in my post do I say its not a good idea. Clearly you have issues with reading comprehension. Also, you don't understand that your "progressives" are known for coddling the rapists and child molesters, but if you didn't understand it in my first post, you won't get it now either. I love how the lexicon changes from democrat to liberal to progressive to enlightened. You people keep changing to words that appear more flattering to yourselves, but in the end, you're all still idiots.
Mary

Chaska, MN

#11 Oct 23, 2009
Who approved those initial purchases? Is there no checks and balances? Every once and awhile, the governor will do something good. As previously stated, give the rest to children's homes. Convicts deserve nothing. The vets have earned those tvs.
Dick

United States

#12 Oct 23, 2009
Pawlenty, what a poser. Dweeb sure made a show out of this one. Shameless.
Chaz

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Oct 23, 2009
Javier wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, they prefer to be called "progressives" now? Sorry, but hillbillies prefer to be called "sons of the soil" but thats not going to happen either. Where in my post do I say its not a good idea. Clearly you have issues with reading comprehension. Also, you don't understand that your "progressives" are known for coddling the rapists and child molesters, but if you didn't understand it in my first post, you won't get it now either. I love how the lexicon changes from democrat to liberal to progressive to enlightened. You people keep changing to words that appear more flattering to yourselves, but in the end, you're all still idiots.
Oh Javier, you little gem. You fling names at a group you call Democrats "l.i.b.t.a.r.d.s", accuse them of supporting sex offenders, then lash out at someone for pointing out that progressives (many of whom vote Dem) are completely supportive of this move by T-Paw. I can only imagine how cathartic and therapeutic this venting has been for you. You keep lashing out against a label that you ascribe to a mythical group of God-and-America-hating people, but when an actual individual points out that you're mistaken, you've got no response to that individual, just more venting against your mythical mass of enemies.

Javier, don't worry. Someday the voices in your head will stop bothering you so much. And the black helicopters will stop following you. And you won't have to check everyday if the CIA has installed a mind-control device in your toilet. That last part is at least related to reality - that's the best place to put a mind-control device for someone who constantly has his head up his... ahem.
Theresa

Chaska, MN

#14 Oct 23, 2009
What a perfect gift for Veteran's Day
Former Eastsider

Eden Prairie, MN

#15 Oct 23, 2009
I don't know what they are still trying to figure out any discipline. Heads should have rolled already. Whoever gave the ok to purchase them should already be gone.

“Yes that's my foot in your ass”

Since: Oct 08

Dallas, Tx

#16 Oct 23, 2009
Great call! An actual politician making a sound decision! There may be hope for us yet.
Tyrone Shoelaces

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Oct 23, 2009
probably 1-2 will end up at the Capital or T-Paws place
T Petters and D Hecker

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Oct 23, 2009
Hey, we'll take one in our cell to watch "Lifestyles of the Rich and Incarcerated."
paul

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Oct 23, 2009
Sold ... to whom ... for how much?
Can the governator-prezie-wanna-be find better uses for these other TVs too?
controversialTV

United States

#20 Oct 23, 2009
Stupid headline, the TVs aren't the controversy but the stupid decision of the bureaucrat to buy them for p.o.s. sex offenders. The media is filled with idiots.
C Brucato

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Oct 23, 2009
Wide screen high defintion is over rated.
Workaday Oakdale Brother

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Oct 23, 2009
I'm *totally pro-vet*(I have several in my family), but aren't veterans homes *federal* entities and not state entities?

If so, it seems odd for a man who officially preaches state fiscal restraint to give such expensive items to a federal entity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Silver Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 10 years after Antonich's murder, the pain lingers (Apr '07) Mar '18 Edubbs 56
Findland Air Force Station (Jun '06) Mar '18 J Dunlap 75
News 28-year-old Two Harbors man held in Megan Ashle... (Dec '07) Oct '17 Iwanttostayunknown 26
News Stowaway bear cub boards boat in Minnesota13 mi... (Jul '16) Jul '16 next 1
News Bear on freighter (Jul '16) Jul '16 next 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jun '15 Richard Vickerman 17
Review: City Of Silver Bay (Mar '14) Mar '14 cyd 1

Silver Bay Jobs

Personal Finance

Silver Bay Mortgages