Benton County Judge Dave Bisbee Respo...

Benton County Judge Dave Bisbee Responds to Ethics Charges

There are 19 comments on the 5News KFSM story from Apr 22, 2010, titled Benton County Judge Dave Bisbee Responds to Ethics Charges. In it, 5News KFSM reports that:

Benton County Judge Dave Bisbee held a news conference on the steps of the county courthouse today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 5News KFSM.

WC Smith

Fort Smith, AR

#2 Apr 22, 2010
Business as usual in Benton County
Voter

Centerton, AR

#4 Apr 23, 2010
It was reported in the Benton County paper today that a complaint was filed on the 17th with Van Stone about the sheriff using a county truck to pull campaign signs. I has seen he twice with the truck putting up those big eye sore signs but had no idea that was a taxpayers truck. I am glad Stone has outted this county judge but is mum on the sheirff. Double standards? Seems to be. I hope the TV media will ask the PA about all of this. In the paper he said, there is a complaint but he has not had time to read it. Come on now. Boy this is politics at it's best. I only wish there was a choice so we could get rid of Stone. I am tried of all of this illegal stuff and I am sick of politicans at every level taking my hard earned tax dollar and do what that want that is wrong if not down right criminal.
Benton County Citizen

Little Rock, AR

#5 Apr 23, 2010
It is interesting that everyone is fixated on what Bisbee is being accused of without (obviously) having any knowledge on how county bids work. From what I can tell, Judge Bisbee did nothing wrong and is a fair judge.

If you are worried about how your tax payer dollars are being spent, why not look into what all county vehicles are used. Did you know that take home vehicles (sheriff's office) are allowed to be used for personal use and with family? They can take their kids anywhere they want in those vehicles and tax payers pay for teh vehicle as well as ALL the gas used in these personal outings. Heck, they can take their patrol units on vacation.
arguy

Bentonville, AR

#6 Apr 23, 2010
BC Citizen..
Where'd you get that information?
Ozarks

Centerton, AR

#7 Apr 24, 2010
BCC may be right. I am not saying the judge is right or wrong. What I am saying is the "Good Ole Boys" want Bisbee gone. In Friday's paper there is a story about the sheirff using county property to campaign with. That is an ethics violation too. It was turned over to Stone on the 17th but he said, he has not had time to follow up, or something to that effect. So, that right there tells us there are rules for some and rules for others. I think Stone owe Ferguson becasue there was a stick in the last election if I remember. Something about a deputy PA looking at another email. Ferguson was on that one "like stink on a skunk"for Stone and the was trouble for that PA. What I don't undersynd is why the TV news has not reported the story since it was in the local paper? They reported the judges problems in a New York minute.
gonerogue

Ozark, AR

#8 Apr 25, 2010
I live in Benton County and trust me,this is mild compared to other employees of Benton County. Does anyone remember Andy Lee? He robbed this county for years and got away with it. What was his excuse again for having Benton County helicopter engines in his garage, oh ya ,no one ever asked!!! I have lived all over the country and Benton County is the most corrupt I have ever seen.
Campus Cop

Centerton, AR

#9 Apr 25, 2010
Lee had helicopter engines in his garage? Not sure what that is about but sounds as if there should be a punch line in there someplace.
gonerogue

Ozark, AR

#10 Apr 26, 2010
Campus Cop wrote:
Lee had helicopter engines in his garage? Not sure what that is about but sounds as if there should be a punch line in there someplace.
Sheriff Andy Lee was not re-elected the last time in the late 90's because he was caught stealing from the county, i.e. helicopter engines, after being caught a few months later the story just disapeared. But he was removed from office. This is the same man that the state forced to remove the Ten Commandments from the new jail because he had Andy Lee's Commandments written across the top instead of the Lord's Commandments. I know Ferguson isn't much better, but his arrogance is far less than that of Mr. Lee. Although I must say Mr. Van Stone seems to have his own agenda. My family and I were nearly beaten to death during a family camping trip with baseball bats by 5 boys ages 16 to 21. Mr. Stone gave them 6 years probation after nearly killing 3 adults and hitting my young children with large rocks. His reasoning for this was since 2 of the 3 adults has prior non violent records that were more than 15 years old their testimonies would not stand in court. Meanwhile one of the adults had to have brain surgery after being beaten over the head almost to the point of death. In the same week he gave a second time convicted child molester 6 years while giving a first time misdemeanor offense to a young kid who used a public defender 20 years on a first offense.I guess that proves money talks and BS walks!!!
Ozarks

Centerton, AR

#11 Apr 26, 2010
I don't know Lee from the man on the moon but I can tell you a few things. 1: He was never removed from office. He did not run and endorced his second in command, Nelson Erdman. 2: I never heard of anyone stealing from the county much less chopper engines. Why on God's green earth would he take helicoper engines? I remember heaaring a lot of crazy stories about him, but that is a new one. 3: I can tell you me and a lot of other people like the 10 commandments posted in the jail. He posted The "Andy Commandments" after he was forced to take down Gods Commandments by the courts. I don't know Ferguson either but I don't like what I see. The fact is Sheriff Lee is not running any more and this is not about him at all. I don't know much about the Craddock fellow either but I have heard very good things about him. I am sure the big money the Ferguson is throwing out there to win another 2 years is hard to compete with and the little guy, no matter how go he is is hard to beat the money. I wish politics were different but that is the proven facts. But, I will vote for the underdog Craddock. I will say, I am sorry to hear about the beatings your were talking about. I don't like Stone either. He is lazy and I think our sheriff is Lazy too. But all we can do is hope for changes? I tell you this, I would take the Lee fellow back in a minute of Ferguson.
Benton County Citizen

Little Rock, AR

#12 Apr 27, 2010
To answer the question about where I got my information pertaining the county patrol units. Open your eyes people. Have you ever seen a deputy car without a uniformed deputy driving it? I have, numerous times. Besides the fact that I work in law enforcement in this county and just don't agree with cars that my tax dollars pay for being used for personal business.

I'm not sure why Andy Lee was brought into this. This was about Judge Bisbee and to an extent Van Stone, but not about Lee. And, yes Lee was not removed from office. He chose not to run again. I think the whole county is flawed and they have let so many things get hid under the rug that they can't hardly get out from under it. They need to take a serious look at county functionings and start enforcing polices and laws.
Ready4change

United States

#13 Apr 30, 2010
Vote for Kelley Cradduck for sheriff and Tim Henderson for county judge and let's see if the younger guy "underdogs" can straighten things out.
trvl4sure

United States

#14 Jul 27, 2010
Is this thesame Dave Busbee that I went to school with in Rogers in the late 50'S??
Helen Kistler

Siloam Springs, AR

#15 Aug 20, 2010
Maybe it is time to separate the legislative, executive and judicial functions of county government.
Holly lee

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#16 Sep 30, 2012
gonerogue wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheriff Andy Lee was not re-elected the last time in the late 90's because he was caught stealing from the county, i.e. helicopter engines, after being caught a few months later the story just disapeared. But he was removed from office. This is the same man that the state forced to remove the Ten Commandments from the new jail because he had Andy Lee's Commandments written across the top instead of the Lord's Commandments. I know Ferguson isn't much better, but his arrogance is far less than that of Mr. Lee. Although I must say Mr. Van Stone seems to have his own agenda. My family and I were nearly beaten to death during a family camping trip with baseball bats by 5 boys ages 16 to 21. Mr. Stone gave them 6 years probation after nearly killing 3 adults and hitting my young children with large rocks. His reasoning for this was since 2 of the 3 adults has prior non violent records that were more than 15 years old their testimonies would not stand in court. Meanwhile one of the adults had to have brain surgery after being beaten over the head almost to the point of death. In the same week he gave a second time convicted child molester 6 years while giving a first time misdemeanor offense to a young kid who used a public defender 20 years on a first offense.I guess that proves money talks and BS walks!!!
Let me just say that Andy Lee never stole anything ! He retired from office and he had no helicopters in his garage! Good grief ! He Retired and ran against Ferguson because Ferguson drinks and drives and was a terrible Sheriff. He did nothing to support Benton County. Which is evident especially because he chooses not to let Kelly Cradduck into the Sheriff's Office now that he has been elected... Where you get your information from is totally incorrect about Andy Lee.
New Gestapo

Atkins, AR

#17 Mar 3, 2014
gonerogue wrote:
I live in Benton County and trust me,this is mild compared to other employees of Benton County. Does anyone remember Andy Lee? He robbed this county for years and got away with it. What was his excuse again for having Benton County helicopter engines in his garage, oh ya ,no one ever asked!!! I have lived all over the country and Benton County is the most corrupt I have ever seen.
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!! That plain black Ford Cruiser with the blacked out illegal tinted windows sneaking all over Benton County and pulling over anyone it feels like anywhere it feels like....is part of Sherriff Cradducks "Gang "Goon" squad". Guess who that is! Give up? It is Sgt. Andy Lee Jr.
Just like daddy, doing what he wants, terrorizing whoever he wants, etc. How many gangs and gangsters have been arrested since Benton County officials have put all of our tax dollars out for such expensive cars, equipment, and man power? Or is this just the counties version of their own Gestapo Squad?
Lea

United States

#18 Jun 9, 2015
Hey I wanted to know if you new any other stories. Especially concerning county commissioners and surveyors. Sorry, I just moved 4 years ago to Benton County and must say ....I am shocked and appealed by certain ways of the government employees
RootHog501-267

Fayetteville, AR

#19 Jun 12, 2016
Andy Lee bought a county helicopter, chopped it up and sold it. The fact that this guy has a Capt. In front of his name is disgrace to american serfice .
Tensi0n

United States

#20 Jul 11, 2016
I was looking for a newer article and ran across this, I don't know what is more comical, the skewed facts about Andy Lee... Or all the dumbass know-it-ally that praise cradducks name, way to go, morons.
Tensi0n

United States

#21 Jul 11, 2016
Know-it-alls*. Dang.
And so what if Lee BOUGHT a chopper and then scrapped it. I highly doubt he purchased something from the county illegally. That would implicate MULTIPLE people. I've lived in Benton county my whole life, know a lot of these people personally. Some of the baseless facts and the whining in here makes me sick. And btw to the people complaining about that blacked out police cruiser... It's unmarked.... Oook? They're everywhere. AAAAND... That car was so old! Not some expensive piece of taxpayer funded equipment, that turd was like an 02 model, still running the streets til at least 2009 or 2010. Oh well, ignorance is bliss, folks. There's bigger shit to worry about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Siloam Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
About how many men has the average woman slept ... (Oct '12) 5 hr Little_slutty_is_... 29
News Decay Arraigned on Two Counts of Capital Murder (May '07) Mar 25 Onlygodcanjudge 181
dustin mccluskey (Feb '16) Mar 24 Nope 2
Wendy Wymer (Mar '06) Mar 15 Kemo 9
Presbyterian minister Chris Mar 15 Anonymous 1
Mckee Mar 14 Hunting 1
best and worst places to live in Fayetteville (Mar '11) Mar 14 marty 39

Siloam Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Siloam Springs Mortgages