First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jerry

United States

#1 Aug 15, 2010
How many people in the Fayetteville area have been screw over by Avis Car Rental?
Sam

United States

#2 Aug 15, 2010
Well at least one, myself. Rented a car for a couple of days after a fender bender and everthing was ok until I gave it back and got charged an unreasonable amount for cleaning. Car was clean when returned. Take your business elsewhere.
Mable

United States

#3 Aug 15, 2010
Take you business to other than avis.
Patsy

United States

#4 Aug 15, 2010
Not a good place to rent a car. Got screwed over a little scratch that was on the car before I got it.
Herman

United States

#5 Aug 15, 2010
The car was dirty. Somebody smoked in it. Very bad experience. Use another rental place.
Clyde

United States

#6 Aug 16, 2010
Not nice people. Use another place
jpsmkit

United States

#7 Aug 17, 2010
Beware of returning your rental car at Avis without waiting for a receipt. I was renting from Avis weekly and every time I didn't wait for my receipt and relied on the electronic receipt, my return mileage increased well over the amount I actually drove. On a recent rental in Ft. Smith my mileage was under 35 miles, but was charged for 180. I am planning to report this to the Federal Trade Commission and I suggest you do too if you have had similar problems with Avis. The FTC monitors trends in systematic rip-offs like these and can take action against the company.
Calvin J Littstrom

United States

#8 Aug 26, 2010
Don't smoke, never have, accused of smoking in the rental. Credit Card charged $162.48 for cleaning. Disputed the charge and will continue to dispute the charge. Avis is not a nice, honest business. The corp managers need to clean house at NWA
Joe Claptson

United States

#9 Sep 19, 2010
Do not do business with this car rental business, they will cheat you.
Raymond

Joplin, MO

#10 Sep 22, 2010
rented a avis car. Never again. Charged over $100.00 for cleaning. Only I was in the car. Had the car less than 24 hours. Impossible for me to dirty the car like they claim. I could never recommend this car rental agency for or to anybody.
Oscar

United States

#11 Oct 9, 2010
use another rent a car place. Avis will cheat you.
Donnie

United States

#13 Nov 5, 2010
i tried this place once. Enough said
Carl Shuffelbean

United States

#14 Nov 5, 2010
Use Budget. Better deal and nicer people.
Edgar C

United States

#15 Nov 6, 2010
Jerry wrote:
How many people in the Fayetteville area have been screw over by Avis Car Rental?
Three that I know of personally. Usually got do do with the cleaning of the car. From what I understand, they will pick a sucker, usually a woman or elderly person, and charge their credit card when the car needs detailing.

Most of the time it works. Rent elsewhere.
Stranded

United States

#16 Nov 7, 2010
The Avis rent a wreck stalled 30 miles from civlization and avis wanted me to spring for the towing.

Charged my credit card, but they backed down.

Lucky they did not get involved in a lawsuit.
Knows

United States

#17 Nov 8, 2010
That is why they push the insurance. to protect the customer from them.
Mary Lou

United States

#18 Nov 9, 2010
If they smile at you, then beware.
Austin

United States

#19 Nov 12, 2010
I travel a lot. Never use the company.
Ector

United States

#20 Nov 13, 2010
The company is world wide and is no better elsewhere than here. Too big, too rich, to nasty, rent elsewhere is my advice.
Louis

United States

#21 Nov 14, 2010
My business use to deal with avis. No more. Can see one or two screw ups, but it got out of hand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Siloam Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
About how many men has the average woman slept ... (Oct '12) 17 hr THE MAN EATERS BU... 36
News Gentry man arrested after 4-year-old son left i... Aug 3 Abraham 2
Charlie Collins - how do you guys keep electing... Jul 31 Mitch 1
News Police: Fayetteville Woman Thwarts Potential As... Jul 26 HashtagFreeJasper 1
Brenda Smith (Aug '11) Jul '17 Gospel Fan 3
1984 murder of lee and karen dickson Jul '17 James phillips 1
Perverted Teacher Jul '17 Student 1

Siloam Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Siloam Springs Mortgages