Comments
1 - 20 of 49 Comments Last updated Jun 7, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Loretta

Palmdale, CA

#1 Nov 14, 2011
This company is real piece of work.Putting the screws to its workers.

Dont buy anything they make!
shs 87

Sikeston, MO

#2 Nov 15, 2011
please buy so they all keep their jobs
Roger G

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Nov 15, 2011
What new in the Sikeston plants. Pulling out any lines or any major layoffs? But I bet they are spending a lot of money on TPM.
animal control

Wooster, OH

#4 Nov 15, 2011
I use only Jergens bar soap, it's not available at wal-mart, Krogers, Rite Aid and most stores so I look for it and buing a a small grochery store chain (IGA) nowdays.. It's just that much better tan anything else.
traveler

Tucson, AZ

#5 Nov 16, 2011
I quit buying Unilever products some time ago, mainly Breyers, as they lowered the quality of the product and reduced the size to compete with everyone else. They could have left the flavors high quality but no they had to cheapen them. I worked many years for them and they have screwed their employees something terrible over the years. Look at the plants they have closed and the people they have gotten rid of. They are now a typical European company. I refuse to buy any product made by Unilever and always check labels to make sure I don't buy them.
Unilever

Jackson, MO

#6 Nov 20, 2011
They have NOT decreased the quality. They did decrease size, along with every other manufacturer, including Campbells, etc. They have all decreased their cans etc.

People got layed off years ago, and things are tough for everyone. As employees and members of their families, those of us working there are happy to have our jobs.
Mom

Sikeston, MO

#7 Nov 20, 2011
Def will quit buying all unilever ice cream and other products. They need to treat their employees right.And I agree with below!
traveler wrote:
I quit buying Unilever products some time ago, mainly Breyers, as they lowered the quality of the product and reduced the size to compete with everyone else. They could have left the flavors high quality but no they had to cheapen them. I worked many years for them and they have screwed their employees something terrible over the years. Look at the plants they have closed and the people they have gotten rid of. They are now a typical European company. I refuse to buy any product made by Unilever and always check labels to make sure I don't buy them.
Proud pa pa

Hayti, MO

#8 Nov 20, 2011
Thats really smart if everyone quits buying their products they certainly wont need the employees!!
good guy

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#9 Nov 20, 2011
traveler wrote:
You r so right my favorite was the butter pecan it dont taste nearly as it did a few years ago.

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Nov 20, 2011
Roger G wrote:
What new in the Sikeston plants. Pulling out any lines or any major layoffs? But I bet they are spending a lot of money on TPM.
There are still some unilever employees layed off, probably till January. Many though are back. North plant down two weeks in December, South plant three weeks in december.
No temps back since July.
I too, am happy to be back working one week so far since the end of October.
traveler

Tucson, AZ

#11 Nov 21, 2011
don't tell me they haven't lowered the quality which resulted in weaker tasting product. While it was Breyer's it was just fine then the big corpoation named Unilver (Lipton Tea) bought us and it has been down hill ever since. I realize my refusal to buy their products doesn't hurt them a bit but I will continue to boycott them. Sorry, that's just a personal thing with me. Just remember you are nothing but a number to them as they have no compassion for you or your family. If they decide to close a plant they will do it and trample you and your job. Ask the people who worked in Hagerstown, Ocala, Framingham, Philadelphia and God knows where else. You are nobody when it comes to your job. Good luck
tatorfed

United States

#12 Nov 21, 2011
I work there so plz inform me what thw big damn deal is. We do plenty for oue customers so what would the problem be

Sikeston, MO

#13 Nov 21, 2011
So you quit buying their products to add to the layoffs, boy that'll show em! They employee over 1000 people in this town. Howctheyvtreat them good or bad they still provide them with checks. Those checks keep the doors to where you work open and on down the line. You've gotta support local business. That's why nothing lasts here because sikeston is full of idiots that are uneducated.

Sikeston, MO

#14 Nov 22, 2011
traveler wrote:
don't tell me they haven't lowered the quality which resulted in weaker tasting product. While it was Breyer's it was just fine then the big corpoation named Unilver (Lipton Tea) bought us and it has been down hill ever since. I realize my refusal to buy their products doesn't hurt them a bit but I will continue to boycott them. Sorry, that's just a personal thing with me. Just remember you are nothing but a number to them as they have no compassion for you or your family. If they decide to close a plant they will do it and trample you and your job. Ask the people who worked in Hagerstown, Ocala, Framingham, Philadelphia and God knows where else. You are nobody when it comes to your job. Good luck
you ever think those other plants might have been closed because of too many people like you not buying stuff? They aren't gonna shut the doors if business is good stupid! Get some education.
Hagerstown operator

Hagerstown, MD

#15 Nov 23, 2011
Unilever wrote:
They have NOT decreased the quality. They did decrease size, along with every other manufacturer, including Campbells, etc. They have all decreased their cans etc.
People got layed off years ago, and things are tough for everyone. As employees and members of their families, those of us working there are happy to have our jobs.
Sorry but they have decreased their quality. I'm not sure what you do in the company but you should have noticed. All of the ice cream is now 5% OR 3%. NOTHING left in our plant higher than 5% except Sealtest 4 oz. cups. Also the chocolate isn't even called chocolate coating anymore...it's chocolate flavored coating. Wow how Unilever has messed up the good name of Good Humor Ice cream.
Hagerstown operator

Hagerstown, MD

#16 Nov 23, 2011
Guest wrote:
<quoted text> you ever think those other plants might have been closed because of too many people like you not buying stuff? They aren't gonna shut the doors if business is good stupid! Get some education.
Wow you guys need a reality check. How long do you think it will be before Sikeston is next...hmmm Super Plant in Covington..why would they need two plants in MO? Read up and get educated on what could happen to you next. Save your self the horrible shock of the ugly truth.
unilever family

Jackson, MO

#17 Nov 26, 2011
I can promise THEY HAVE NOT CHANGED THE RECIPE on their products AT ALL. been mixing them for 25 years now. They have decreased size and made machine more automated, which is hurting work force. Then adding to that the economy taking a crash. Who splurges on expensive ice cream when you need to buy real groceries or pay utilities. But, you ARE more than a number, if everyone quits buying to protest employees being laid off, do you realize that you added to the next and next and next will be the cause of MY FAMILY and about 1/3 of sikeston not having a job. This then directly affects the local companies, like grocery stores, convenience stores, theaters, etc... and the business drops off for them and they let people go etc.
And, the super plant in Covington.... will ultimately have no competition to Sikeston. we are on the best interstate area and Covington got used machines from plants, new machines are being installed right now in the Sikeston plant as well.

Layoffs were a normal EVERY YEAR occurrence when it was Gold Bond and the Lutzey's owned it. And, Lipton was not part of Unilever until realively recently in the grand scheme.

So, boycots hurt US the employees, and our children and spouses, then it hurts every other business and family in the area..... we really do appreciate your support in helping us keep our jobs.
The recipes are the same, actually more perfectly fine tuned, but packaging has changed, but more importantly, we are still there and we need consumer support to support our families.
unilever family

Jackson, MO

#18 Nov 26, 2011
Unilever has multiple plants in several states. There have been more than one in Missouri for a long time.... BUT Covington is NOT in Missouri! It is in Tennessee. they are planning additions in Sikeston as well. Been here for a long time.

Think of several plants that closed... union houses... or pushing for them. Unilever is the highest paying job in Sikeston. and the 2nd or 3 highest in the area.
Hagerstown operator wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow you guys need a reality check. How long do you think it will be before Sikeston is next...hmmm Super Plant in Covington..why would they need two plants in MO? Read up and get educated on what could happen to you next. Save your self the horrible shock of the ugly truth.
employee

Jackson, MO

#19 Nov 26, 2011
everyone used to get layed of for about their first 5 years of employment. Usually started in September but sometimes August or October, and you didn't work at all until after the new year. this was normal back in the "good ole days" of gold bond, so I guess unilever made it better for year. that is why everyone is so upset about layoffs. most people have been there 10 years or less and dont really know what it was like when everyone was seasonal. they didn'thave temps, but they did hire everyone as seasonal and you got layed off every year for months. So, I don't guess this is really all that different.
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
There are still some unilever employees layed off, probably till January. Many though are back. North plant down two weeks in December, South plant three weeks in december.
No temps back since July.
I too, am happy to be back working one week so far since the end of October.

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#20 Nov 26, 2011
traveler wrote:
YOU are an idiot Unilever does take care of their people. I dont work there but my son does. When we were all in that flood, he got 5 days off with pay and they gave him a $200.00 gift card and let him go in their store and get things to help replace the stuff we had lost. Unilever did everyone that was in the flood that way. Plus dontated money to the flood victims. So tell me what other company in sikeston did that. My son was one of the people laid off and then he got called back. He is a hard worker so wasnt laid off long. Unilever does care about their people but the way the economy is, has hit them too. UNILEVER IS an awesome company. So before you run your mouth know your facts about Unilever not caring about their people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 18 min Yellow Dawg Democrat 97,100
P.M Camaron vs President obama 41 min guest 7
True or False Game 47 min Princess Hey 341
Task force arrests nearly 2 dozen in Poplar Bluff 6 hr Victoria wins again 39
Anyone have Spring phone service in Sikeston? 8 hr QuestionzPlease 2
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 9 hr Prowd Tee Purty M... 1,849
You might be a RICEBOY if 9 hr Crazy Jae 11
•••
•••
Sikeston Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Sikeston Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••