Curious

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Jun 5, 2011
What happened to him??

Dallas, TX

#2 Jun 5, 2011
Curious wrote:
What happened to him??
This is not the place for that question! Don't try and start bs on here! Grow up!
old friend

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Jun 6, 2011
Did he pass away we use to b friends n school

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Jun 7, 2011
old friend wrote:
Did he pass away we use to b friends n school
yes, he passed away and you can get info on funeral in sikeston newspaper.

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Jun 7, 2011
If you do not know his real name then you have no business posting on this string and asking questions. You obviously didn't know him so have no interest in his arrangements and are just looking to get a name posted so the comments can start. Topix has already deleted one string which mentioned his name. Please show respect for his family and move on to another topic.

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Jun 7, 2011
Guest wrote:
If you do not know his real name then you have no business posting on this string and asking questions. You obviously didn't know him so have no interest in his arrangements and are just looking to get a name posted so the comments can start. Topix has already deleted one string which mentioned his name. Please show respect for his family and move on to another topic.
thanks for that quick reply to that trouble maker. i have read this person on other threads.
raffety

Garden City, MI

#9 Jun 7, 2011
Just because someone would like to know his real name doesn't make them troublemakers. He always went by Slugger, even teachers called him that in school so its fair that maybe he made an impression in someone life and they wanna know his name. Its Micheal Burton, God Bless

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Jun 7, 2011
raffety wrote:
Just because someone would like to know his real name doesn't make them troublemakers. He always went by Slugger, even teachers called him that in school so its fair that maybe he made an impression in someone life and they wanna know his name. Its Micheal Burton, God Bless
i read plenty from poster "kfc" and no, they are just nosey but thanks for being a jerk and putting his name on here. anyone with internet could research it in the obits if they weren't lazy enough.
rude

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Jun 7, 2011
Im sure it doesnt say "Slugger" in the newspaper genius

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Jun 7, 2011
rude wrote:
Im sure it doesnt say "Slugger" in the newspaper genius
I'm sure it doesn't say Slugger in the newspaper either, but anyone could read the paper and figure out who was who based on reading the obits. Age and profession are always mentioned. Topix already removed one thread because of the name being out there and all kinds of comments that were posted. This is not the place to get information like this. Unfortunately many people get on here and are extremely disrespectful instead of helpful. The family has asked not to share this information on here because there are children involved who are old enough to get on the internet.

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Jun 7, 2011
BTW RUDE - It actually does say "Slugger" within the obituary.

Jackson, MO

#15 Jun 7, 2011
didnt see not one rude post on here and people are going off. Understandable if family wants privacy, so let them have it. I personally dont remember him very well, but my husband knew him and said he was a wonderful man. My prayers to the family. God bless.
Friend

Baton Rouge, LA

#16 Jun 7, 2011
My heart goes out to all of his family. You will all be in my prayers.
friend

Cape Girardeau, MO

#17 Jun 7, 2011
R.I.P. slugger and many wishes and prayers go out to his wife and kids

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#21 Jun 8, 2011
raffety wrote:
<quoted text>I know you weren't starting anything. Since the other people stalk ur posts maybe they are the ones who start crap on here. But as for me posting his name!! Its public record so get off the dumbshit
I don't think anyone is stalking KFC posts. I've read a few because KFC posts to almost everything apparently (at least everything I've read) and I don't get on here much, only when something happens that I am sure will make topix and this topic is one I knew would be on here. KFC posts are not always kind. There is even "lol" posted by him/her at the beginning of this thread. The issue is the family specifically posted on another string to PLEASE not post the name and Topix respectfully removed the entire thread. There are children involved who are of age to get online and have friends who can do so as well and they are trying to protect them. This is a tragedy. It is absolutely public record, BUT that is exactly the point. It's not necessary to post out here when it can be found easily and without setting the family up on here for heartache. When you put something out here you have MANY people who get on here to bring up history and trash say very hurtful things. Anyone who knows him can find out any thing that they "need" to know through the newspaper. His nickname was mentioned in the paper because the family knows that many people didn't know his full name. To go against the specific wishes of family members is disrespectful regardless of the intent. Someone even stated that in the post that the family asked to not mention the name and still it was put out here. Topix shouldn't be the source for this and if you can read Topix, you can search the obits in the Standard. This has potentially invited trouble and heartache. Not all people can be mature, compassionate, empathetic and respectful when they post. I believe it is critical when posting we use common sense and remember the other 98% of the audience topix has and think before we respond.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#22 Sep 7, 2011
guest wrote:
didnt see not one rude post on here and people are going off. Understandable if family wants privacy, so let them have it. I personally dont remember him very well, but my husband knew him and said he was a wonderful man. My prayers to the family. God bless.
He was a wonderful man...ONE OF A KIND! As for people posting negative comments, maybe some of us just dont know where to release all of the anger we are feeling with regards to what put him in that state of mind that night...His parents and children certainly deserve our prayers and compassionate words but some of us really resent the person(s) responsible for his frame of mind at the time of his death....Its one big game to them but Slugger had more morals in his pinky toe than all of them combined! QUOTE ME!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#23 Sep 7, 2011
raffety wrote:
Certain folks are a little jumpy because they dont want everyone to know the GAMES they were playing with his emotional state...dont feel bad for requesting pertinent information about him because some of us really do ask with ONLY the best of intentions!
goo

Springfield, MO

#24 Jun 4, 2013
He w
as a damn drunk and a bum glad he's dead

Kennett, MO

#25 Jun 4, 2013
goo wrote:
He was a damn drunk and a bum glad he's dead
Shame on You !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
music game (Sep '09) 2 min Vector aka Victor... 10,140
Make a sentence from a 5 letter word (Jul '14) 16 min Vector aka Victor... 3,357
what do you have on? (Jul '14) 16 min Princess Hey 1,446
Megan dodds 47 min Unknown 1
name song titles that start with the letter c (Oct '16) 5 hr Dicky 29
Last Word ~~~First word (Nov '14) 5 hr Dicky 1,559
Docking St. 10 hr Do it 17

Sikeston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sikeston Mortgages