First Prev
of 4
Next Last
guest

Florissant, MO

#1 Nov 13, 2012
Do any of you do this on some level? To me it only makes sense to do this at least for a weeks supply of food and water. Also other supplies.

After all, we do live on the New Madrid fault and we have had tornado's go through town.

And then, there was the ice storm.
Dr Steve Brule

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Nov 13, 2012
i love jalopano preppers. theyre hot!
Prepper

United States

#3 Nov 13, 2012
guest wrote:
Do any of you do this on some level? To me it only makes sense to do this at least for a weeks supply of food and water. Also other supplies.

After all, we do live on the New Madrid fault and we have had tornado's go through town.

And then, there was the ice storm.
Absolutely, my family is prepping. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.
Guest

United States

#4 Nov 13, 2012
Prepper wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely, my family is prepping. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.
Do U live local?
guest

Florissant, MO

#5 Nov 13, 2012
Prepper wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely, my family is prepping. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.
I was curious. I know someone who is doing this. I know others who say they are stocking up.
Prepper

United States

#6 Nov 13, 2012
You'll be glad you prepared in advance when you/your family find yourself in an emergency.
Unprepared for an earthquake, tornado, or ?? could mean the difference between life and death.
Oh my

United States

#7 Nov 13, 2012
Yes I have started building an ark.
guest

United States

#8 Nov 13, 2012
Well, good for you, smartass!
scott

Cape Girardeau, MO

#9 Nov 14, 2012
I live in miner and I am prepping. Not like I should tho.
Prepper

United States

#10 Nov 14, 2012
scott wrote:
I live in miner and I am prepping. Not like I should tho.
I have cut out the "wants" from my budget and added "the must haves".
It's not difficult once you get started.
Oh my

United States

#11 Nov 14, 2012
Only kidding.
gorgar

Jackson, MO

#12 Nov 15, 2012
i dont prep i just take note of who does..lol
CombatPOLKAT

Puyallup, WA

#13 Nov 15, 2012
I served 20 years in the military & went on MANY humanitarian and disaster relief missions. Anyone who thinks (or more likely blocks the thoughts) something bad could happen isn't facing reality. If you want a wake-up call, just visit a disaster area. There's nothing wrong with using some common sense, budgeting, & preparation. The one's that scare me are the 'isolationists' or have become obsessive to the point it runs their lives. Trust me, it will take JUST AS MUCH compassion to continue life after a disaster as it does preparation!! What is life without each other? That's a world I WOULDN'T want to live in!!

I saw Florida City and Homestead rebuild by HELPING THEMSELVES and SHARING after Hurricane Andrew (most powerful hurricane to ever hit U.S.) while the people in New Orleans sat on their asses, bitched, victimize each other, loot, & cry for handouts while Mississippi began the process on their own after Katrina!!! Lessons learned!?!? Think about it.
No Real Knowledge

United States

#14 Nov 15, 2012
gorgar wrote:
i dont prep i just take note of who does..lol
You're what's wrong with our society.
guest

United States

#15 Nov 15, 2012
CombatPOLKAT wrote:
I served 20 years in the military & went on MANY humanitarian and disaster relief missions. Anyone who thinks (or more likely blocks the thoughts) something bad could happen isn't facing reality. If you want a wake-up call, just visit a disaster area. There's nothing wrong with using some common sense, budgeting, & preparation. The one's that scare me are the 'isolationists' or have become obsessive to the point it runs their lives. Trust me, it will take JUST AS MUCH compassion to continue life after a disaster as it does preparation!! What is life without each other? That's a world I WOULDN'T want to live in!!
I saw Florida City and Homestead rebuild by HELPING THEMSELVES and SHARING after Hurricane Andrew (most powerful hurricane to ever hit U.S.) while the people in New Orleans sat on their asses, bitched, victimize each other, loot, & cry for handouts while Mississippi began the process on their own after Katrina!!! Lessons learned!?!? Think about it.
The prepper programs can educate people, but they also seem to be aiming at scaring people.

Some of it is common sense, but I think it would make more sense to do it in groups.
Guest

United States

#16 Nov 15, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>The prepper programs can educate people, but they also seem to be aiming at scaring people.

Some of it is common sense, but I think it would make more sense to do it in groups.
Agreed
guest

United States

#17 Nov 15, 2012
yes I prep everyone should
Colt

United States

#18 Nov 15, 2012
Anyone have any prepper websites they want to share?
My fav's include: Preparingyourfamily.com prepper-resources.com . Greatnorthernprepper.wordpress.com
Theburlapbag.com
And several more.
Ughhh

Odessa, TX

#19 Nov 15, 2012
Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts are taught to "be prepared". It is amazing how many people can not build a simple fire. Everyone should have at the very least 3-5 days worth of provisions ready to "grab and go". Tornados, floods, storms,and earthquakes happen so fast and supplies ready to be carried out are essential (not even going to touch economic fallout, rioting, or war)

Does anyone have suggestions on storing things in a cellar for a family of four?
Prepper

United States

#20 Nov 15, 2012
Ughhh wrote:
Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts are taught to "be prepared". It is amazing how many people can not build a simple fire. Everyone should have at the very least 3-5 days worth of provisions ready to "grab and go". Tornados, floods, storms,and earthquakes happen so fast and supplies ready to be carried out are essential (not even going to touch economic fallout, rioting, or war)
Does anyone have suggestions on storing things in a cellar for a family of four?
http://www.survivalblog.com/2012/11/digging-a...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Two words-last lettet of last word game (Sep '13) 40 min Princess Hey 4,113
4 Word Phrase Game (Dec '13) 41 min Princess Hey 3,294
keep 1 drop 1 = + 3 stacked (Dec '13) 42 min Princess Hey 3,217
Last Word ~~~First word (Nov '14) 43 min Princess Hey 1,427
Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Dec '09) 45 min Princess Hey 17,229
Name something you crave (Jul '15) 53 min Princess Hey 580
music game (Sep '09) 1 hr Vector aka Victor... 9,871

Sikeston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sikeston Mortgages