Girls in ISS for pantsing

Posted in the Sikeston Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Really

Jackson, MO

#1 Feb 8, 2012
All they got is 5 days of ISS? Really? I can tell you right now if a boy got caught doing that to a girl it would have been on the news! This is such an example of double standards this is ridiculous. If it was the other way around I can grantee you the cops would have been involved. I hope that boy presses whatever charges he can get against these two girls.
WOW

Jackson, MO

#2 Feb 8, 2012
That is so the truth! The boys would be in so much trouble. There sure would have gotten more than a few days in ISS. The girls need to be punished just like they would if they were boys.

Since: Mar 10

nevada

#3 Feb 8, 2012
maybe I missed this What are you talking about? Perhaps I am just too old to know what pantsing is
omg

Jackson, MO

#4 Feb 8, 2012
Pulling someones pants down in a public area in a way to humiliate them. Apparently they caught it on camera too. So hopefully something does happen. Too many double standards in this society
smh

United States

#5 Feb 8, 2012
Yeah Sikeston is bad about double standards. Probably another major deciding factor in their punishment is whether or not these girls are from well off family. I happen to know that when I was in school a boy pulled a girl's skirt up because she had been teasing him and if I remember correctly he was kicked out of school.
Older parent

United States

#6 Feb 8, 2012
I agree these girls need the same punishment that a boy would have received. Women fought for equal rights decades ago and now they want to be treated differently when it comes to such things as this or child support. We can't have our cake and eat it too. Maybe an impartial board should decide these things in the school. They should not be given names, ages, grades, race, or gender when making a decision. Identifiers would level the playing field and the punishment would be the same.
xoxoxo

Maryland Heights, MO

#9 Feb 8, 2012
what school did this happen at?
citizen02198

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Feb 8, 2012
you guys are losers if youre seriously concerned about this. do you not have anything else going on to worry about? hahah
the guy probably did something for them to want to do that to them in the first place..

Jackson, MO

#11 Feb 8, 2012
Sikeston High school

Jackson, MO

#14 Feb 8, 2012
In fact one of the girls caught it on video. Hmm lets think about if my son did this what would have happened I can tell you what would have happened. 1) Long-term suspension/expulsion 2)Cops would have been notified and probably picked him up from school THAT day. 3) Put on the list for registered sex-offenders for the rest of his life. But if a girl does it she get 5 days ISS. But hey that's the way things are. Equal rights only when they want them huh?

Since: Mar 10

nevada

#15 Feb 8, 2012
well, hmmm, the bullying in schools is WAY OUT OF CONTROL... Noone has said how old these students are, at least I didnt read that part. Well actually the ages dont really matter. No matter the age or sex of the kids doing this they do need the same punishment. What punishment is deemed adequate in this situation? Does anyone know? Also, have you contacted the school to find out what the punishment is for boys vs girls???? I do agree with a couple of the posters tho, when they say that certain kids can get away with it d/t who they are. Cant totally blame schools tho its the parents that should be doing the discipline
expected

Jackson, MO

#16 Feb 8, 2012
Only certain kids get in trouble at that school. I thought everyone knew that? If they're a star athlete or your parents have some type of connection with the school or the town in general then they won't get in trouble. There's been numerous times things like this has happened.They tend to look the other way for a lot of things there.*cough* drug tests *cough*
Well

Fenton, MO

#19 Feb 8, 2012
Guest wrote:
In fact one of the girls caught it on video. Hmm lets think about if my son did this what would have happened I can tell you what would have happened. 1) Long-term suspension/expulsion 2)Cops would have been notified and probably picked him up from school THAT day. 3) Put on the list for registered sex-offenders for the rest of his life. But if a girl does it she get 5 days ISS. But hey that's the way things are. Equal rights only when they want them huh?
I wonder if this video will show up on YouTube! You are so right. Punishment would have been different if it was a guy that did this.
citizen02198

Saint Louis, MO

#26 Feb 9, 2012
im 20 but that is irrelevant.

wah wah, get over it. the gender of the people involved doesnt matter, im sure they looked into the situation and decided the best thing to do. its really not that big of a deal. youre probably just mad because no one else cared that much either so you had to get on topix to cry to everyone on here about it. if i were the principal i would have laughed about it and told them to go back to class. if it were my kid that had his pants pulled down, i still would have laughed and asked what he did for someone to do that to him.
i guess i cant blame you for getting all worked up when something small happens, it is sikeston. haha
Big boss

Jackson, MO

#27 Feb 9, 2012
smh wrote:
Yeah Sikeston is bad about double standards. Probably another major deciding factor in their punishment is whether or not these girls are from well off family. I happen to know that when I was in school a boy pulled a girl's skirt up because she had been teasing him and if I remember correctly he was kicked out of school.
Agree
citizen02198

Saint Louis, MO

#29 Feb 9, 2012
well yeah. there is a huge difference between boobs and an ass. hahahaha
weird

Jackson, MO

#32 Feb 9, 2012
To be honest I figured this would have been a bigger deal. Has anyone complained to the school?

Saint Louis, MO

#33 Feb 9, 2012
Guest wrote:
NOt to mention that assault charges would have been filed along with sexual harrassment.
get realz

Cape Girardeau, MO

#35 Feb 9, 2012
have you guys ever stopped to think about how stupid you ALL sound, as this is topix and most of the stuff posted is not even true. lmao theres always more than 1 side to a story.
citizen02198

Saint Louis, MO

#36 Feb 9, 2012
get realz wrote:
have you guys ever stopped to think about how stupid you ALL sound, as this is topix and most of the stuff posted is not even true. lmao theres always more than 1 side to a story.
no, probably not. theyre still too busy whinning about it. haha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
music game (Sep '09) 44 min Fairydust 9,854
Make a sentence from a 5 letter word (Jul '14) 45 min Fairydust 3,056
Sikeston Valedictorian and Salutatorian 3 hr Odor 3
Name something you crave (Jul '15) 5 hr Princess Hey 578
Brown Auto 6 hr Jerry 17
Hannah wyatt 7 hr Evan 2
Good Landlords in Sikeston (Nov '16) 8 hr Guests 74

Sikeston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance