Democrats are liars!

Since: Jul 12

Jackson, MO

#21 Sep 3, 2012
That the economy is worse now than it was when the Obama regime took over.
the only real usa first

Jackson, MO

#22 Sep 3, 2012
A Conservative wrote:
That the economy is worse now than it was when the Obama regime took over.
no, actually the economy is much better, but jobs are lagging because all the jobs the investment people like bain sent overseas can't just come back over night. Other than the stimulus (which should have been bigger)We have spent less / year than the last five presidents.it's a fact,look it up,the last 22 months has seen more jobs created than the entire 8 years under bush
bufu

Bonnots Mill, MO

#23 Sep 3, 2012
quote

"That the economy is worse now than it was when the Obama regime took over."

No. No it's not. And Politifact does not say that.
guest

Florissant, MO

#24 Sep 3, 2012
bufu wrote:
Your household budget is not in conflict with my claim.
GDP is higher.
The DOW is higher.
Corporate profits are higher.
Those are greater indicators than a single household budget.
But, all these single household budgets equal a whole lot of people who think we are not better off.
guest

Jackson, MO

#25 Sep 3, 2012
the only real usa first wrote:
<quoted text>no, actually the economy is much better, but jobs are lagging because all the jobs the investment people like bain sent overseas can't just come back over night. Other than the stimulus (which should have been bigger)We have spent less / year than the last five presidents.it's a fact,look it up,the last 22 months has seen more jobs created than the entire 8 years under bush
what kind of dope are you on my good buddy nothing you say here is true and just makes the point that Dumacrats are liars.

Since: Jul 12

Jackson, MO

#26 Sep 3, 2012
bufu wrote:
quote
"That the economy is worse now than it was when the Obama regime took over."
No. No it's not. And Politifact does not say that.
Portiface stated that some aspects of the economy were better, while it ALSO stated that others weren't. It was an even mix of good and bad.

Now, if you want to factor in the additional debt that the Obama regime has accumulated (both funded and unfunded) and that for the first time in history the USA's credit rating has fallen....then things are much worse than before.
guest

Florissant, MO

#27 Sep 3, 2012
the only real usa first wrote:
<quoted text>no, actually the economy is much better, but jobs are lagging because all the jobs the investment people like bain sent overseas can't just come back over night. Other than the stimulus (which should have been bigger)We have spent less / year than the last five presidents.it's a fact,look it up,the last 22 months has seen more jobs created than the entire 8 years under bush
I really can't see how anyone can say the economy is better when we have higher unemployment. More people collecting unemployment. More people on food stamps and welfare.

Why pick on Bain? Look at Nike and the other big brands. The last pair of Lee jeans I bought said Made in Egypt. China has complained (was on 60 min.) that we are not buying enough goods made there and it is hurting their economy. Jobs didn't start going overseas with Bain. We have been losing jobs for the last 50 years.

Nice spin, but I'm not buying.
bufu

Bonnots Mill, MO

#28 Sep 3, 2012
quote

"But, all these single household budgets equal a whole lot of people who think we are not better off."

Well yeah. 50 million republicans are gonna believe that regardless of the facts.
Guest

Cape Girardeau, MO

#29 Sep 3, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Why pick on Bain? Look at Nike and the other big brands. The last pair of Lee jeans I bought said Made in Egypt. China has complained (was on 60 min.) that we are not buying enough goods made there and it is hurting their economy.
Because their Manager, or whatever title he carried and now claims he didn't, isn't running for the highest office in our land.
bufu

Bonnots Mill, MO

#30 Sep 3, 2012
quote

"Portiface stated that some aspects of the economy were better, while it ALSO stated that others weren't. It was an even mix of good and bad."

But you say Obama has made things worse even though GDP, corporate profits, and the DOW are higher. Unemployment remains high.

So what makes things worse than before? The debt has had no affect on the economy. The credit downgrade has had no affect on the economy.

Give us your indicators that are more important than GDP, DOW, and profits.
guest

Florissant, MO

#31 Sep 3, 2012
bufu wrote:
quote
"But, all these single household budgets equal a whole lot of people who think we are not better off."
Well yeah. 50 million republicans are gonna believe that regardless of the facts.
I am a democrat. People believe what they have to face and deal with. Doesn't matter what party you are. Facts can be spun in whatever directions you want them to go.

I think it was Obama's advisor that said on t.v. that if reelected, Obama plans on more green energy jobs. How many of these place that Obama put taxpayer money into failed? We don't need more wasted money.
bufu

Columbia, MO

#32 Sep 3, 2012
I'd rather Obama spend money on green energy jobs than war in Afghanistan.

Since: Jul 12

Jackson, MO

#33 Sep 3, 2012
The debt has a lot to do with the economy. What happens if and when someone cuts off the tap?

The 2011 United States took in $220 Billion dollars a month while it spent $300 Billion dollars a month. That's a 36% deficit EVERY month. Those numbers are unsustainable.

http://www.heritage.org/federalbudget/growth-...

The Social Security 'trust fund' has no money in it. There are only Treasury bonds in the 'lock box'. Everything else is spent by the government. When Social Security reaches the point where it's paying out more than it takes in, where will the money come from? The Chinese? The Arabs? Who? We don't have it.

Then there's Medicare. You're taxed on every dollar you earn to pay for medicare to supposedly pay for those benefits in advance.

How about Obamacare? The experts still can't tell us how much that will cost. And when they do, don't believe them because government is notorious about underestimating the cost of a program they implement.

When Medicare was first introduced in 1965, the House Ways and Means Committee estimated that inflation-adjusted Medicare would cost about $12 billion by 1990. In reality, it cost about $110 billion. By 2010, the cost rose to around $523 billion.

Where is this money coming from when foreign countries tell us 'No more!'? Margarette Thatcher said, "The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of someone else's money." Unless we change our ways and quickly, we're there now.
bufu

Bonnots Mill, MO

#34 Sep 3, 2012
quote

"The debt has a lot to do with the economy."

If interest rates went up then you would have an impact on the economy but right now the debt has had zero affect on the economy.

Nobody is saying the economy is good. The economy is better than Obama found it.

That is all.
Jake

United States

#35 Sep 3, 2012
bufu wrote:
quote

"The debt has a lot to do with the economy."

If interest rates went up then you would have an impact on the economy but right now the debt has had zero affect on the economy.

Nobody is saying the economy is good. The economy is better than Obama found it.

That is all.
You are out of your league!
guest

Jackson, MO

#36 Sep 3, 2012
remember also that there is a republican congress blocking everything he has tried to do if they would do their job for the american people instead of voting 30 times to repeal the healthcare bill we might be alot better off just a little research since Kennedy the debt ceiling has been raised under republican presidents 48 times or a 414% raise and under democrats 27 times or 152% clinton left with a balanced budget and a budget surplus then george w went on a spending spree
guest

Jackson, MO

#37 Sep 4, 2012
bufu wrote:
quote
"Portiface stated that some aspects of the economy were better, while it ALSO stated that others weren't. It was an even mix of good and bad."
But you say Obama has made things worse even though GDP, corporate profits, and the DOW are higher. Unemployment remains high.
So what makes things worse than before? The debt has had no affect on the economy. The credit downgrade has had no affect on the economy.
Give us your indicators that are more important than GDP, DOW, and profits.
the dollar has lost value the price of gas has double food jprices has gone up and income has gone down what else do you dumacrats need
bufu

Columbia, MO

#38 Sep 4, 2012
The rate of inflation is basically unchanged since Bush was president.
Tax Man

United States

#40 Sep 4, 2012
bufu wrote:
I'd rather Obama spend money on green energy jobs than war in Afghanistan.
Like solyndra and others.
Tax Man

United States

#41 Sep 4, 2012
bufu wrote:
The rate of inflation is basically unchanged since Bush was president.
Didn't the ecomomy go bust when the liberals took over 2 years before Bush left office. I thought so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teacher missing 2 hr Guest 5
I need a 1bedroom apt furnished with utilities 3 hr Guest 11
Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Dec '09) 6 hr Vector aka Victor... 18,189
6 Word Sentence (Apr '15) 6 hr Vector aka Victor... 3,602
music game (Sep '09) 6 hr Vector aka Victor... 10,679
Megan Dodds 6 hr BCD 14
Brown Auto (May '17) 8 hr Scott 35

Sikeston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sikeston Mortgages