First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Mother of worker

Chicago, IL

#1 Oct 30, 2010
Lamberts cafe employers r mistreated. 
This is to everyone that thinks lamberts is such a fun place to work. I am a mother of someone who works out there and i can't believe the things they can do to the employers. First of all they cant get in trouble for anything bc they pay everyone off. I have never even heard of an inspection

done there. Employees get 1 thirty minute break IF they work 12 hours. If u only work five hours u don't get one. And in that 30 min u cannot leave. U cannot bring food. U have to but something there which can b costly. They have enforced their rules to where u cant even eat a role w out paying for it. If eeryone only knew how many rolls r wasted. Every night there is pounds and pounds of food ad meat they throw away. And if u eat it then u will get fired. So instead of feeding there hard working enoloyees they would rather throw everythin away. Also if u r there u cant clock in until they r busy. Kids sit up there sometimes 8 hours w out getting to clock in. There are so Many more rules which cant be legal but who is gonna speak out. Who will help these workers. Bc the lambert have money and even the cops say they cNt do anything to them. I this what this world has come to???? If any suggestions on making it a fair workplace please punter input. Also every employees pays 5$ a week on soda whether u drink it or not. As a mother I figured out they r making 50,000 dollars a yr on their employees. Its just getting redicous. I hear Scott lambert is greedy and will do anything for a penny. Why can't they just treat there workings with respect bc the workers r the ones making that place what it is 

Chicago, IL

#2 Oct 30, 2010
Now the emplyees n the back are not required to wear gloves that cook the food.

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Oct 30, 2010
i do think the workers wearing gloves sounds like it would be a better idea and cleaner but would rather them wash hands constantly instead of the germs being spread from the gloves touching meat to veggies to meat thing.

mother- sounds like you want your cake and eat it too. everyone knows the amount of greed in the lamberts chain. if you don't like how they treat your child, why are you such a greedy mother to allow them to work there knowing how everyone is treated?

better treating jobs are less pay. you sound just as greedy as lamberts.

any business has the right to make money any way they choose, its not your problem, but feeling the way you do and not pulling your kid out of there speaks volumes about you.

Chicago, IL

#4 Oct 30, 2010
U have no idea how it is at Lamberts. Cone eat there food knowing ppl don't wash there hands and touch the food all day long w out gloves. So u think what they do is fair. U must b a miserable person as well if u don't want the best for u or ur children. Now that speaks volumes for u

United States

#5 Oct 30, 2010
Then report them.

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Oct 30, 2010
Guest wrote:
U have no idea how it is at Lamberts. Cone eat there food knowing ppl don't wash there hands and touch the food all day long w out gloves. So u think what they do is fair. U must b a miserable person as well if u don't want the best for u or ur children. Now that speaks volumes for u
i don't have a problem with them making the most money possible. its a free country, if you don't pay lamberts bills then you have no right to say how they do business. you think you have a right to grip and make someone do things the way you think should be done. you may be the boss at your house but that does not mean you have a clue what is best for a business that you don't own or run. i think you just like to b*tch. again, you can always pull your kid out of lamberts if your a good mother. i am betting your a b*tcher and would never embarrass your kid by doing that. so you will let them stay and work ...... in this place that you say is so unsanitary!

Chicago, IL

#7 Oct 30, 2010
Does no good. Ppl have tried. Know one personally said they pay them off

Sikeston, MO

#8 Oct 30, 2010
sounds like someone got a bad roll, poor thing,
here have some cheese with that wine......
patty

United States

#9 Oct 30, 2010
I like eating at Lamberts. I hate to hear about the way the employees are treated and about the food waste though. It was not like that when Mr. Lambert himself was there. I dont think he would have let anybody go hungry. I know businesses that have left overs and they give them to the homeless and food banks. Which I think is a very good idea.

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Nov 1, 2010
Wrong!! Business does not have the right to make money any way they can. That is why there is such a thing as the wage and hour. There is certain rules and regulations that every business has to go by.amo
guest wrote:
i do think the workers wearing gloves sounds like it would be a better idea and cleaner but would rather them wash hands constantly instead of the germs being spread from the gloves touching meat to veggies to meat thing.
mother- sounds like you want your cake and eat it too. everyone knows the amount of greed in the lamberts chain. if you don't like how they treat your child, why are you such a greedy mother to allow them to work there knowing how everyone is treated?
better treating jobs are less pay. you sound just as greedy as lamberts.
any business has the right to make money any way they choose, its not your problem, but feeling the way you do and not pulling your kid out of there speaks volumes about you.
keepin it REAL

United States

#11 Nov 1, 2010
If you work there and got a problem with it then find your *ss another job and stop crying. Lamberts pays damn good and starts people out More then most factories. Like I said if you dont like your job and want to cry walk out and let someone else have it you damn cry babies...
Employee

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Nov 22, 2010
The state of Missouri doesn't require you to take a break AT ALL for your job, no matter how many hours you've been working.

They're actually lenient about letting you leave or calling food in on your break, so long as it's not too far, and so long as you've been there a decent amount of time to where they can trust you. Not when you're a new employee. Tell your son or daughter to suck up more and they won't care. It's ugly, yeah, but it's the truth.

We can't help the fact that we're not busy all the time, and thus have to have people clocked out for times we're unsure of business. Nobody has EVER sat idle for 8 hours though (I'd say three hours at the most), that's just bull.

Five dollars a week is charged for sodas because things used to be pretty lenient there also, but people kept abusing the rules and stealing food. So they stepped up and did something about it.

Any things you've said about people being "paid off" was made up by you and you damn well know it.

I will agree on the new rule that trying to charge anybody for bites of food they eat that aren't rolls (which are covered in the $5 a week thing).

It's not a perfect place to work, but what is? Stop trying to slander it.
donedidit

AOL

#13 Nov 23, 2010
Mother of worker wrote:
Lamberts cafe employers r mistreated. 
This is to everyone that thinks lamberts is such a fun place to work. I am a mother of someone who works out there and i can't believe the things they can do to the employers. First of all they cant get in trouble for anything bc they pay everyone off. I have never even heard of an inspection
 done there. Employees get 1 thirty minute break IF they work 12 hours. If u only work five hours u don't get one. And in that 30 min u cannot leave. U cannot bring food. U have to but something there which can b costly. They have enforced their rules to where u cant even eat a role w out paying for it. If eeryone only knew how many rolls r wasted. Every night there is pounds and pounds of food ad meat they throw away. And if u eat it then u will get fired. So instead of feeding there hard working enoloyees they would rather throw everythin away. Also if u r there u cant clock in until they r busy. Kids sit up there sometimes 8 hours w out getting to clock in. There are so Many more rules which cant be legal but who is gonna speak out. Who will help these workers. Bc the lambert have money and even the cops say they cNt do anything to them. I this what this world has come to???? If any suggestions on making it a fair workplace please punter input. Also every employees pays 5$ a week on soda whether u drink it or not. As a mother I figured out they r making 50,000 dollars a yr on their employees. Its just getting redicous. I hear Scott lambert is greedy and will do anything for a penny. Why can't they just treat there workings with respect bc the workers r the ones making that place what it is 
Could be the beginnng of becoming unionized. Just a thought
Harland

AOL

#14 Dec 7, 2010
is Lance Chadd still runnin Lamberts?
NMCC13

Columbia, MO

#15 Dec 9, 2010
I wany to work at lamberts
asd

Columbia, MO

#18 Dec 9, 2010
id mr chadd nice

Cape Girardeau, MO

#19 Dec 11, 2010
Employee wrote:
The state of Missouri doesn't require you to take a break AT ALL for your job, no matter how many hours you've been working.
They're actually lenient about letting you leave or calling food in on your break, so long as it's not too far, and so long as you've been there a decent amount of time to where they can trust you. Not when you're a new employee. Tell your son or daughter to suck up more and they won't care. It's ugly, yeah, but it's the truth.
We can't help the fact that we're not busy all the time, and thus have to have people clocked out for times we're unsure of business. Nobody has EVER sat idle for 8 hours though (I'd say three hours at the most), that's just bull.
Five dollars a week is charged for sodas because things used to be pretty lenient there also, but people kept abusing the rules and stealing food. So they stepped up and did something about it.
Any things you've said about people being "paid off" was made up by you and you damn well know it.
I will agree on the new rule that trying to charge anybody for bites of food they eat that aren't rolls (which are covered in the $5 a week thing).
It's not a perfect place to work, but what is? Stop trying to slander it.
yeh if ur a drug dealer,ive herd they all throw more than rolls out there
ex worker

French Village, MO

#21 Jan 31, 2011
i worked at lambert's for many years. did everything from taking out the trash to waiting tables. i will admit the breaks are short, but you do get time now and then for a breather.

i agree that not letting people eat the food you are going to throw away is kind of crazy, but at the same time they have a reason for this.

they did get me for $5 a week for soda's and rolls. i didn't feel that was a bad thing. i mean really when i was working i was busy and did drink my fair share of tea/soda.

for the most part lambert's is a fair place to work. i had a blast and made many friends while i was there.

alot of things changed when mr.church(i'm sure his knees are sore) started working at the sikeston location. from what i saw he came in and made alot of changes. alot of things he changed did help run things better from a owners point of veiw, but the workers got treated like crap. when you think about it's about making money. most of the managers at lambert's are really great people. the way i look at it is if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.
Harland

Jackson, MO

#22 Jan 31, 2011
who is Mr Church? I thought lance chapp was the manager when he wasnt reading the cartoons in the news paper lol he goes out every morning buys a st lous paper jus for the cartoons
lance

Edwardsville, IL

#23 Jan 31, 2011
Mr Church runs the operation. And starting next week rolls and soda will be $10.00. If you use rest room, washing hands not required if you put on gloves. If you work over 12 hours you're entitled to one roll and small drink only. We will start to recycle all leftover food instead of throwing it away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Dec '09) 5 min Vector aka Victor... 19,221
6 Word Sentence (Apr '15) 6 min Vector aka Victor... 3,924
music game (Sep '09) 8 min Vector aka Victor... 11,023
Make a sentence from a 5 letter word (Jul '14) 9 min Vector aka Victor... 4,193
what do you have on? (Jul '14) 18 min Vector aka Victor... 1,573
Good Landlords in Sikeston (Nov '16) 21 min Close 84
WHITES that don't work because of meth using!!!! 1 hr Yep 4

Sikeston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance