Any good places for breakfast in Sike...

Any good places for breakfast in Sikeston?

Posted in the Sikeston Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Sep 11

Sikeston, MO

#1 Jan 7, 2012
OK, so I have lived here for a few months now... Is there a good place to get breakfast here?
I like

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Jan 7, 2012
Jay's

Saint Peters, MO

#3 Jan 7, 2012
I would have at one time said Bo's but not any more. Bo's prices are horrible just like their crappy food. My vote is with Jay's. Or drive to cape for cracker barrel.

United States

#4 Jan 7, 2012
Hardee's has a big breakfast crowd.

As big as breakfast is in this area it is a shame we don't have a IHop near here. If it was located near interstate 55 it would do a booming business.
Food Guru

Sikeston, MO

#5 Jan 7, 2012
Food Giant on North Main..........best and most for your money!

Saint Peters, MO

#6 Jan 7, 2012
guest wrote:
Hardee's has a big breakfast crowd.

As big as breakfast is in this area it is a shame we don't have a IHop near here. If it was located near interstate 55 it would do a booming business.
and it would be so nasty no one would eat there. Sikeston can't have anything nice bc the people who live here trash it up
jc

Tyler, MN

#7 Jan 8, 2012
Country boys is pretty good!

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Jan 8, 2012
Denny's but it is south of Sikeston,near Matthews,Mo. Good food,though.
curious

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jan 8, 2012
What about Grillz in Miner? Is it still open? I used to see a lot of cars there during the breakfast hours but last week saw none.Maybe the owner was on vacation. I hope another restaurant has not closed.

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Jan 8, 2012
Hardees has the best biscuits, but went there this morning at 10:30 and they were out of em and turning people away.
That is sorry business. Had to go to Jay's , which was pretty good. But I still like Hardees better

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Jan 8, 2012
curious wrote:
What about Grillz in Miner? Is it still open? I used to see a lot of cars there during the breakfast hours but last week saw none.Maybe the owner was on vacation. I hope another restaurant has not closed.
I dont think they are closed, yet, but i saw a for sale sign on the property.
He had such crazy hours.

United States

#12 Jan 8, 2012
Do they serve breakfast at Kirby's?

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#13 Jan 8, 2012
I eat breakfast at the Y, it was good.

Since: Sep 11

Sikeston, MO

#14 Jan 8, 2012
Where is Country Boys located?

What and where is Kirby's?

Not a fan of Grillz. Sadly at all, so close to where I live.

Bo's is ok, but you are right, a little over priced.

Ruby Tuesday (Sundays only) WAY over priced, staff is a bit stuck up.

Jay's is ok, I just wished they had real plates.
A penny saved

United States

#15 Jan 11, 2012
Clearly if you think Bo's is over priced compared to Jays, you have never eaten at Jays. Or you don't know how to figure out unit prices.

Saint Peters, MO

#16 Jan 11, 2012
A penny saved wrote:
Clearly if you think Bo's is over priced compared to Jays, you have never eaten at Jays. Or you don't know how to figure out unit prices.
Clearly you don't grasp the concept of value. If I'm paying lots of money for over priced cysco food straight off the truck then yes, that is what we in the adult world call "bad value for your money". However, if the prices are the same at jay's and the food is better quality, it stands to reason that if it's better food it's okay to pay the price.

If you need anymore schooling I'm here all week long.
just wondering-

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Jan 11, 2012
I think both are very good and their prices are very comparable. Try both and determine your own preferrence, as opposed to consideration of these innacurate ramblings....

Sikeston, MO

#18 Jan 11, 2012
No place period
A penny saved

Chicago, IL

#19 Jan 11, 2012
Ah. Thank you for educating me. I can see now that it's not just a math issue. How do you know Bo's buys from Sysco? And where do you think Jays gets thier food? How do you know one Bo's purchases lower quality food than Jays?

You don't. However, you do know that you prefer the way Jays fixes their food. That's cool. By all means, excercise your right to eat where you want. But don't get on here and spew nonsense. That's just dumb. Ps: value relates to more than liking one place more than the other. Prices at both places are similar, but portion sizes at Bo's are larger and plates come with more food at Bo's. Therefore, monetary value is better.

I guess I don't need any (space) more of your schooling. Thanks for the offer!

guestAWAY

High Ridge, MO

#20 Jan 11, 2012
Most of the restaurants around here get some products from Sysco, I see the delivery trucks alot.

There is food I like better at each place; Bo's and Jay's. But still not crazy about either one.

I bought a Bacon Cheeseburger at Bo's a couple of weeks ago and it cost me over $5.00, so I dont recommend them on that. Great burger, but I would not purchase it again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
darius white (Jul '13) 2 hr Guest 15
Two words-last lettet of last word game (Sep '13) 2 hr End Times 1,930
natalie looney (Sep '13) 3 hr Interested citizen 6
Name something you crave 5 hr Fairydust 4
music game (Sep '09) 5 hr Fairydust 6,388
Word Association (May '10) 5 hr Analog man 4,060
* The ALPHABET Game * (Jul '11) 5 hr Analog man 4,934
More from around the web

Sikeston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE