Lazy People Who Don't Work

Posted in the Sikeston Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just wondering

Euless, TX

#1 Jun 21, 2012
Get a job! Does anyone work in Sukeston? Or are all of you, well mostly, trailer trash people on state assistance? Just wondering

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Jun 21, 2012
I sit at my desk and work all day, every day, while all the deadbeats living off of my tax money, walk the streets and do nothing all day. Is there even a dozen people left in Sikeston that aren't on disability or welfare? Too few of us working to support all of them!
bufu

Gasconade, MO

#3 Jun 21, 2012
If you sit at a desk you don't work. You job.

People that draw welfare have dependent children, a disability, or they are elderly. Please stop insulting them.
well

United States

#4 Jun 22, 2012
id rather them sit theyre lazy butts at home instead of gitting in my way at work. these ppl git paid 10 dollars an hour to do nothing all day while i work my tail off doing my job and theirs.

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Jun 22, 2012
bufu wrote:

People that draw welfare have dependent children, a disability, or they are elderly. Please stop insulting them.
You're wrong. I work sitting at a desk because I worked hard and put myself through college. I have no problem with disabled or elderly receiving aid, I'm talking about lazy, worthless people that don't want to work & the countless baby factories in Sikeston. I have one child because I was responsible enough to know that was all I could afford. No apologies from me, I resent supporting others who think they are entitled to the things that those of us that work enjoy. Every deadbeat in this town has a cell phone, cable, etc. These aren't necessities they're privileges.
bufu

Wentzville, MO

#6 Jun 22, 2012
Medicaid should pay for abortions.
The Riddler

United States

#7 Jun 26, 2012
Is all play and no work, so be it and give me your hard earned money while I'm at it!
The Sikeston Jerk

Euless, TX

#8 Jun 27, 2012
bufu wrote:
Medicaid should pay for abortions.
I support that! As well as retro-active abortions! We all know at least one person that would qualify!
working man

United States

#9 Jun 30, 2012
Well all you have to do is read weds or sundays paper there are usually 5 to 6 births in each and very seldom is a dad mentioned,,,the other thing it says this is mothers 4th or 5th child,,,who pays for the kids????the working man or woman because of these without dads name being mentioned are from west end,,,go figure,,

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Jun 30, 2012
working man wrote:
Well all you have to do is read weds or sundays paper there are usually 5 to 6 births in each and very seldom is a dad mentioned,,,the other thing it says this is mothers 4th or 5th child,,,who pays for the kids????the working man or woman because of these without dads name being mentioned are from west end,,,go figure,,
I'm so tired of carrying these losers!
that dude

Florissant, MO

#11 Jul 1, 2012
If we working people have to piss in a cup and, or give hair follicles, blood to get a job with random testing, why can't they do the same to suck up our hard earned tax dollars, only to spend it on these dead beat fathers or get high, drunk, getting hair n nails done, buy big ass flat screen tv's, laptops while living in a damn hubble and the children suffer wearing old clothes half hungry and looking like nobody's child. I don't give a damn if it's the trailer park or the projects a lazy SSI, Welfare, food stamps leaching sum bitch is a lazy sumbitch! There are people out there who really need this kinda of assistance and you ass wipes are living high off the Hogg!
well

United States

#12 Jul 1, 2012
i work my butt off to pay for what i have. i have 3 kids with 2 dads. 1 of them pay child support the other doesnt. i do recieve foodstamps but its less than 100 dollars. i take care of my kids and work hard to do it! i wish ppl had to work in order to git any kind of help!
bufu

Sikeston, MO

#13 Jul 1, 2012

"! i wish ppl had to work in order to git any kind of help!"

A job is required to get the EITC.
well

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Jul 1, 2012
ive never heard of eitc! what is that?
bufu

Bonnots Mill, MO

#15 Jul 1, 2012
Earned income tax credit

The United States federal earned income tax credit or earned income credit (EITC or EIC) is a refundable tax credit for low- and medium-income individuals and couples, primarily for those who have qualifying children. When the credit exceeds the amount of taxes owed, it results in a tax refund to those who qualify and claim the credit. That is, this credit is refundable. This tax credit is provided, in part, to offset the burden of social security taxes and to maintain an incentive to work.[1] It has also been part of political debates regarding whether to raise the minimum wage or whether to increase the earned income credit[citation needed], with the EIC being targeted to persons and couples taking care of children (with parents receiving preference over other family members).

A qualifying child must meet the three tests of age, relationship, and shared residence. Foster children also count provided they have either been officially placed or are a member of one’s extended family. A “child” can be up to and including age 18. A child classified as a full-time student for five calendar months can be up to and including age 23. If a person is classified as "permanently and totally disabled" for the year (physician states one year or more), he or she can be any age and still count as one’s qualifying “child” provided the other requirements are met. Parents must claim their child(ren) if eligible unless they are waiving this year's credit to an extended family member who has a higher AGI. There is no support test for EIC. There is a six month plus one day shared residency test.[2][3]

For tax year 2011, the maximum EITC for a single person or a married couple filing jointly without qualifying children is $464, up from $457 in tax year 2010. The maximum EITC for a single person or a married couple filing jointly with one child is $3,094, up from $3,050 in 2010, for a single person or a married couple filing jointly with two children is $5,112, up from $5,036 in 2010, and for a single person or a married couple filing jointly with three or more children is $5,751, up from $5,666 in 2010.[4][2][5] Most people do not receive the maximum credit. EIC phases in slowly, has a medium-length plateau, and then phases out more slowly than it phased in. And since the credit phases out at 21%(two or more children) or 16%(one child), it is always preferable to have one more dollar of actual salary or wages on "the margin" (and technically, since the table for the EIC moves by fifty dollar increments, it's always preferable to have an extra fifty-dollar increment of salary or wages).

Enacted in 1975, the initially modest EIC has been expanded by tax legislation on a number of occasions, including the widely-publicized Reagan Tax Reform Act of 1986, and was further expanded in 1990, 1993, and 2001, regardless of whether the act in general raised taxes (1990, 1993), lowered taxes (2001), or eliminated other deductions and credits (1986).[6]

In the 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, the EITC was temporarily expanded for two specific groups: those families with three or more children and married couples; this expansion was extended through December 2012 by H.R. 4853, the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization and Job Creation Act of 2010. Effective for the 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 filing seasons, the EITC will support these taxpayers by:

Increasing benefits for larger families by creating a new category or “third tier” of the EITC for families with three or more children. In this tier, the credit phases in at 45 percent of income (up from 40 percent), effectively increasing the maximum credit for these families by almost $600.

more

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earned_income_ta...
WOW

Euless, TX

#16 Jul 14, 2012
bufu wrote:
Well, of they are disabled or elderly, I understand. If they have dependent children then go find a job. My children depend on me. I work and take care of them. They don't depend on tax dollars!! If their job consist of sitting at a desk and working then they're working.
bufu

Bonnots Mill, MO

#17 Jul 14, 2012

"My children depend on me. I work and take care of them."

If you don't mind my asking, who takes care of your children while you're at work?
WOW

Euless, TX

#18 Jul 14, 2012
bufu wrote:
"My children depend on me. I work and take care of them."
If you don't mind my asking, who takes care of your children while you're at work?
A responsible adult takes care of my child(ren) while my husband and I work.
bufu

Bonnots Mill, MO

#19 Jul 14, 2012
If that responsible adult comes free then you are very, very lucky.

I would like to see Head Start expanded into early education/day care with a wide range of hours to make it easier for single women or men with children to work.
bufu

Bonnots Mill, MO

#20 Jul 14, 2012
Or low income 2 parent families also of course.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What kind of restaurant would you like to have ... 1 hr Golly 20
Last Word ~~~First word (Nov '14) 1 hr Fairydust 190
Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Dec '09) 2 hr Fairydust 12,239
4 Word Phrase Game (Dec '13) 2 hr Fairydust 723
music game (Sep '09) 2 hr Fairydust 6,581
bible passages (Jan '09) 10 hr guest 48
Coleman Street Danger 14 hr Factoid 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sikeston Mortgages