Homemade Tamales

“Marcella Counts (Reynolds)”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1 May 25, 2009
Does anyone know where I can get homemade Tamales? I'm not asking from a fast food or a restaurant. If anyone know's of anyone that makes Tamales please let me know. Thanks...
A woman from Sikeston

Blue Springs, MO

#2 May 25, 2009
Yes, I would like to know also.
Years ago we used to make them. It was really a process, had a person doing a certain thing and it worked out well. Took most of the day, encluding the clean up !!
rameys

Granite City, IL

#3 May 25, 2009
There is a guy that works at Rameys in New Madrid that makes them . Marcie I know your Yahoo Id ill send you the info a little later on yahoo I dont want to put my name on here tho . This guy makes them from an old family recipe of his they are really good ....we buy them often from him .
guess n2

Jackson, MO

#4 May 25, 2009
cheers in sikeston makes them and sells them by the dozen have to call to see if they have them
sounds delicous

Mexico, MO

#5 May 25, 2009
rameys wrote:
There is a guy that works at Rameys in New Madrid that makes them . Marcie I know your Yahoo Id ill send you the info a little later on yahoo I dont want to put my name on here tho . This guy makes them from an old family recipe of his they are really good ....we buy them often from him .
Is Rameys a grocery store? Do you just go in and ask to buy them or do you have to call ahead and order them?
rameys

Granite City, IL

#6 May 25, 2009
sounds delicous wrote:
<quoted text>Is Rameys a grocery store? Do you just go in and ask to buy them or do you have to call ahead and order them?
Rameys is a grocery store but they aren't the ones who make them . There is a guy there if you call rameys they can tell you how to get ahold of him . I know his last name is Higgerson not sure of his first name . My mom picks them up for us when she gets hers so I dont really know him . I do know they are really good tho ... you should give him a call .
I do

United States

#7 May 25, 2009
I know how to make tamale, my bf is mexican, and he has showed me email me at medsh74@yahoo.com

Location hidden

#8 May 25, 2009
rameys wrote:
Thank you.

Location hidden

#9 May 25, 2009
I ordered some from Schwan's, but they wasn't good at all. I was raised up in California, so haven't had any good Tamales in years since I've moved to MO. So just wanted to say thanks for everyone's comments on helping me find where to get them.

Location hidden

#10 May 25, 2009
I do wrote:
I know how to make tamale, my bf is mexican, and he has showed me email me at medsh74@yahoo.com

I just sent you an email...

United States

#11 May 26, 2009
marcellaann wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get homemade Tamales? I'm not asking from a fast food or a restaurant. If anyone know's of anyone that makes Tamales please let me know. Thanks...
There is a church in town that makes and sells them about once or twice a month. sorry I dont know the name but go out to hoods because they get them and they are so good. Just ask them and Im sure they will tell you.

United States

#12 May 26, 2009
rameys wrote:
<quoted text>Rameys is a grocery store but they aren't the ones who make them . There is a guy there if you call rameys they can tell you how to get ahold of him . I know his last name is Higgerson not sure of his first name . My mom picks them up for us when she gets hers so I dont really know him . I do know they are really good tho ... you should give him a call .
JOHNNY HIGGERSON

Columbia, MO

#13 May 26, 2009
marcellaann wrote:
my step-mom, who is hispanic, makes them. she uses the old school method. they are really authentic. delicious! if you want some let me know. tabitha

Location hidden

#14 May 26, 2009
guest wrote:
<quoted text>my step-mom, who is hispanic, makes them. she uses the old school method. they are really authentic. delicious! if you want some let me know. tabitha
Yes, just let me know how much? I was wanting some by next week. Here's my email tadlockmarcie@yahoo.com
Karen

United States

#15 May 26, 2009
marcellaann wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, just let me know how much? I was wanting some by next week. Here's my email tadlockmarcie@yahoo.com
yes I would like to get some also

a recipe or to buy them either one is fine

my email is kshipley57@yahoo.com

thanks so much
Stephk

Jackson, MO

#16 May 26, 2009
Muy Bueno in Cape has homemade tamales. Gracie makes them like her grandmother did.

United States

#17 May 26, 2009
I went to the mexican store by Grecian and they have a phone number for a girl in Sikeston that makes tamales. They are good because I got some from her but now I lost the number. She charges $12 for a dozen and you either get chicken or pork. I got the pork and they were delicious. That store has alot of good spices and other items. You should go by there one day.

Columbia, MO

#18 May 27, 2009
marcellaann wrote:
<quoted text>
she makes chicken or beef and she sells them for $10.00 a dozen. just let me know exactly when you want them and i'll get them made for you.
MaMa

Edenton, NC

#19 Nov 24, 2009
marcellaann wrote:
MaMa and Granny used to make them so I will see if I can dig out that recipe
call them soon

Cape Girardeau, MO

#20 Oct 7, 2013
Sandy's Tamales is a catering service who does homemade tamales. call [573]703-6723call them soo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Dec '09) 12 min night machine 18,828
Name something you crave (Jul '15) 13 min night machine 749
Last Word ~~~First word (Nov '14) 16 min night machine 1,802
keep 1 drop 1 = + 3 stacked (Dec '13) 18 min night machine 3,643
- end of the Word game - (Jul '11) 23 min Princess Hey 4,638
what do you have on? (Jul '14) 39 min night machine 1,550
fake college or university names game (Feb '14) 46 min night machine 233

Sikeston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance