Consignment Shops
Gained Weight

Mexico, MO

#1 Dec 14, 2008
Does anyone know of local consignment shops or somewhere I could sell some lightly worn clothes? I have a black suit I bought at Kohls which I wore once or twice and it doesn't fit anymore. It's a $150 suit (size 38R) and I'd like to get something out of it.
mysize

Kennett, MO

#2 Dec 15, 2008
how much? it may fit me

Traverse City, MI

#3 Dec 15, 2008
Judys Fashions is a good consignment store. You get 40% of the sale price. If you need a certain amount talk to Judy and she will try to get what you want.
someome who knows

United States

#4 Dec 15, 2008
Gained Weight wrote:
Does anyone know of local consignment shops or somewhere I could sell some lightly worn clothes? I have a black suit I bought at Kohls which I wore once or twice and it doesn't fit anymore. It's a $150 suit (size 38R) and I'd like to get something out of it.
Sorry, but if you want to get anything out of your suit, i would put it it in the democrate paper. Under $100 it is free. At Judy's it is so junked up you can't find anything. I have taken my things to her and didn't make anything hardly. I had nice things too. Now i take my things to second chances at Charleston. Good luck.
Gained Weight

Mexico, MO

#5 Dec 15, 2008
I only want $30 or $40 for it...say $35. It's a size 38R (which is a kinda small size). Brand is Axcess. I bought it at Kohls in Cape about 2 years ago. I'll take $30 for it. It cost $150 or so 2 years ago.
Gained Weight

Mexico, MO

#6 Dec 15, 2008
someome who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but if you want to get anything out of your suit, i would put it it in the democrate paper. Under $100 it is free. At Judy's it is so junked up you can't find anything. I have taken my things to her and didn't make anything hardly. I had nice things too. Now i take my things to second chances at Charleston. Good luck.
I have a bunch of size small polo type shirts and dress shirts too. I could take those to Charleston I suppose. Thanks for the help.
out grew it too

United States

#7 Dec 15, 2008
Dont take it to Charleston, you will NOT get your $, I took a whole car load of stuff there last October and got $4.50.
Now I take my stuff to The Lil Peddlers Shop in Sikeston, it is downtown on the corner, down from Personal Expressions, she seems pretty fair, I have received about $200 from her.
out grew it too

United States

#8 Dec 15, 2008
OR....you can sell your suit on eBay, I LOVE eBay!! You get more than you would think for stuff.
Hmm

Moberly, MO

#9 Dec 15, 2008
I have been taking my stuff to Judy's and I always have money when I check in there. She has a kids store, a store up front for teens and ladies, as well as she just opened a new store that is all newe stuff. There is still the first one there and they are working on straghtening it up but all of the other ones are well organized. She is very fair I think.
out grew it too

United States

#10 Dec 15, 2008
The place in Charleston I am talking about is called Second Chance, there may be others that are fair.
consigner

Cape Girardeau, MO

#11 Dec 20, 2008
i have taken things to judys and also taken things to other local shops to sale,never got that much sold or so she said at judys ,but always made plenty of cash at the other shops.i have heard from other sellers judys only gives you 15% of your sales.i take my things now to lil peddler or kid stuff to blooming deals.so its your call..
Sikeston

United States

#12 Dec 20, 2008
I have taken my things to consignement stores for along time. Lil Peddlers, Judy's, i have never made any money. The little old lady that works for Judy is very rude. All of my clothes that i take are in real good shape,ironed and on hangers.Since i have been taking them to second chances at Charleston, i have money everytime i go over there. Good luck to everyone.
where

Jackson, MO

#13 Dec 20, 2008
consigner wrote:
i have taken things to judys and also taken things to other local shops to sale,never got that much sold or so she said at judys ,but always made plenty of cash at the other shops.i have heard from other sellers judys only gives you 15% of your sales.i take my things now to lil peddler or kid stuff to blooming deals.so its your call..
where is blooming deals?
consigner

Cape Girardeau, MO

#14 Dec 20, 2008
where wrote:
<quoted text>
where is blooming deals?
Blooming Deals is a strictly childrens store,i take clothes baby items and have always had good luck there,its next to bos pawn ,white elephant on the brick road downtown
someone who knowa

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Dec 20, 2008
Sikeston wrote:
I have taken my things to consignement stores for along time. Lil Peddlers, Judy's, i have never made any money. The little old lady that works for Judy is very rude. All of my clothes that i take are in real good shape,ironed and on hangers.Since i have been taking them to second chances at Charleston, i have money everytime i go over there. Good luck to everyone.
I have taken my stuff to Second Chance in Charleston for about 12 years. They have alot of customers in and out daily. I have always been satisfied with what I got. She has a lot of merchandise, but stocks daily. If she's full it may be a couple of weeks before she gets your stuff out, but I can almost guarantee you it will move. Don't go over on Mondays, they're closed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bart Smith's Church 4 hr kenfolk 71
Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Dec '09) 8 hr Princess Hey 16,307
6 Word Sentence (Apr '15) 8 hr Princess Hey 2,103
True or False Game (Apr '14) 8 hr Princess Hey 3,537
What are you listening too? (Jan '13) 11 hr Princess Hey 93
Last Word ~~~First word (Nov '14) 12 hr Princess Hey 1,023
Keith Frankum (Oct '08) 12 hr Friend 25

Sikeston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance