Miner Baptist turning away

Posted in the Sikeston Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
God help you

Denmark

#1 Dec 23, 2008
Would Jesus turn away the gay? What makes that pastor so holy that he can do what Jesus never would have done. The bible was not written by God but by men and then re-written by different men. and then again and again. What would Jesus have done?
AMEN

United States

#2 Dec 23, 2008
Jesus wouldn't turn anyone away....great point.

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." ( John 13:34-35)

“ For God & Country!”

Since: Oct 08

St. Louis, Mo.

#3 Dec 23, 2008
And niether would Miner Baptist Church

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Dec 23, 2008
Please don't confuse this individual with the one that posted the other day looking for a friendly church. This is just the Miner Baptist church basher at work.
Campbellite

Chesterfield, MO

#5 Dec 23, 2008
No, Jesus would not turn away any sinner, but He preached the word of God. It is the pastor's responsibility to teach the word of God, thus teaching right from wrong according to the Bible. He is to assist people in their work for the Lord, to save souls, and help people live as faithfully as they possibly can, repent when they've sinned, and get to Heaven. It is not the preacher's job to "tickle you ears" and make you feel good. Paraphrased the Bible warns that the time will come when people will not want to hear the word of God but have their ears tickled. While God is a God of love, He is also a God of wrath. But, above all He is the true and living God and is just.
I Corinthians 6:9-10 (NIV)Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kindom of God? Do not be deceived: Neiher the sexually immoral, nor idolators, no adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexual offenders...will inherit the kingdom of God.
I have gay friends and family and I love them and pray that they will turn away from this immoral behavior. I pray that I can be an example that will help them see that this sin can be resisted. My "sin-of-choice" may not be homosexuality, but I have to fight it just as they must fight Satan in his deception that God loves all, when God loves all souls but not all human actions.
MMI

Penrose, CO

#6 Dec 23, 2008
Campbellite wrote:
No, Jesus would not turn away any sinner, but He preached the word of God. It is the pastor's responsibility to teach the word of God, thus teaching right from wrong according to the Bible. He is to assist people in their work for the Lord, to save souls, and help people live as faithfully as they possibly can, repent when they've sinned, and get to Heaven. It is not the preacher's job to "tickle you ears" and make you feel good. Paraphrased the Bible warns that the time will come when people will not want to hear the word of God but have their ears tickled. While God is a God of love, He is also a God of wrath. But, above all He is the true and living God and is just.
I Corinthians 6:9-10 (NIV)Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kindom of God? Do not be deceived: Neiher the sexually immoral, nor idolators, no adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexual offenders...will inherit the kingdom of God.
I have gay friends and family and I love them and pray that they will turn away from this immoral behavior. I pray that I can be an example that will help them see that this sin can be resisted. My "sin-of-choice" may not be homosexuality, but I have to fight it just as they must fight Satan in his deception that God loves all, when God loves all souls but not all human actions.
Very well said
Jesus Leads You

Lund, Sweden

#7 Dec 26, 2008
Would you consider a "racist" a Christian? I hear that your church is racist. How many black members attend Miner Baptist Church?
MMI

Penrose, CO

#8 Dec 26, 2008
A few black families do attend Miner Baptist. I do not know exactly how many but we would be more than willing to welcome more to attend.
Cash

UK

#9 Dec 28, 2008
They must have money to give, thats what Miner Baptist is all about money. You will be ask for your tithes and then hit up for extra money all the time. They will have a surprise for you. We need you to give us more money. That is the surprise. What a joke that place is.Then the Preacher will go on a cruise and spend it for you. Ministering of course.
Crooks

Pullman, WA

#10 Dec 28, 2008
A bunch of crooks, thats what they are, I say, A bunch of crooks.
quest

Granite City, IL

#11 Dec 28, 2008
What does it matter how many black families attend Miner Bap?How many white families attend the churches on the west end of town?ARE they racist?I don't believe there is a church around that will turn someone away by the color of their skin.
Seems to me

Cape Girardeau, MO

#12 Dec 28, 2008
as long as the check was big enough, bin Laden would be welcomed.

Cape Girardeau, MO

#13 Dec 28, 2008
Tithing is a responsibility of a christian. Preachers don't command it, the bible does. Quit whining and pay what you are supposed to.

Do you think churches run on love? They need money like any other entity on earth. Charitable organizations need money to run as well. Miner Baptist is a large church with large financial responsiblities. If you don't want to donate beyond your tithing, don't. Where do you think the money comes from for food offerings, libraries, outreach programs, and the other multitude of services and works they do? You just want to get on here and bash a church and you don't want to stop and think about whether it's really right or not. If you don't like going there, shut up and go somewhere else. And no, I'm not a member nor a practicing christian, so bite me.
curious

United States

#14 Dec 30, 2008
does rueban still pick his employees from the miner baptist choir?
Miner Baptist Member

Cape Girardeau, MO

#15 Dec 30, 2008
May God bless each of you, evidently most of you don't attend church anywhere, because if you did you would relize that running down a church who preaches and teaches God word without err, will only guarentee you a place in hell. Miner is not racist, we have several different races, from hispanic, white, black and vietnamese. Check your information by attending a Sunday morning service.
everyman

United States

#16 Aug 17, 2010
I used to be in that area, and mister racist asked a good question: Is Miner Baptist racist. Well, there are those who would be considered racists in the church, BUT it has also been preached from the pulpit of Miner Baptist Church that 'christianity and racism are incompatible with each other.' The point is those folks keep their racists tendancies in check; they overcome the urge to let it get the best of them. I'm guessing there are homosexuals who can't control their urge to gang bang or switch-hit or pass on HIV. And I'm thinking there are atheists who say 'goddxxx it'. What's that all about?(!) Hey, we can't all be Barney Frank or Lindsey Lohan or Tom Cruise! Some of us have to be Christian.

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Aug 17, 2010
everyman wrote:
I used to be in that area, and mister racist asked a good question: Is Miner Baptist racist. Well, there are those who would be considered racists in the church, BUT it has also been preached from the pulpit of Miner Baptist Church that 'christianity and racism are incompatible with each other.' The point is those folks keep their racists tendancies in check; they overcome the urge to let it get the best of them. I'm guessing there are homosexuals who can't control their urge to gang bang or switch-hit or pass on HIV. And I'm thinking there are atheists who say 'goddxxx it'. What's that all about?(!) Hey, we can't all be Barney Frank or Lindsey Lohan or Tom Cruise! Some of us have to be Christian.
your watching fox news too much hypocrite
Jesus Follower

Jackson, MO

#18 Aug 19, 2010
Perception is 100% reality...

United States

#19 Aug 19, 2010
Jesus Leads You wrote:
Would you consider a "racist" a Christian? I hear that your church is racist. How many black members attend Miner Baptist Church?
If this is your criteria for racism...then most of the West End churches fit the same profile.

Roy, WA

#20 Aug 19, 2010
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than standing in your garage makes you a car!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Dec '09) 10 min So_da_lish_us 18,879
Name something you crave (Jul '15) 1 hr So_da_lish_us 759
- end of the Word game - (Jul '11) 1 hr So_da_lish_us 4,646
keep 1 drop 1 = + 3 stacked (Dec '13) 2 hr Princess Hey 3,648
music game (Sep '09) 2 hr Fairydust 10,929
Make a sentence from a 5 letter word (Jul '14) 2 hr Fairydust 4,110
Last Word ~~~First word (Nov '14) 2 hr Princess Hey 1,807

Sikeston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance