preppers unite
Sheriff

Mexico, MO

#1 Jan 5, 2013
Who all is preparing in some form or another? Numbers = survival. Let's get a thread going...
whawhy

Cape Girardeau, MO

#2 Jan 8, 2013
i think u scared em
Yosemite sam

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Jan 8, 2013
Yea no offense but I think the "sheriff" is the last person I would want to prep with. Gonna be on the wrong side of the fence when the government starts their sh*t

United States

#4 Jan 8, 2013
Yosemite sam wrote:
Yea no offense but I think the "sheriff" is the last person I would want to prep with. Gonna be on the wrong side of the fence when the government starts their sh*t
Haha, I agree. The name scared me.
Sheriff

Lockhart, TX

#5 Jan 8, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>Haha, I agree. The name scared me.
Lol new kind of sheriff. In no way affiliated with city/county/state/government
Anti-government

Maryland Heights, MO

#6 Jan 8, 2013
We are preppers. We try and keep it a secret because....well, for obvious reasons. We haven't stockpiled guns and ammo but definitely food, water, essentials. I think everyone needs to have something to fall back on. Even with the ice storm and the floods, no one came to help us. We were on our own and that was small compared to what could happen at any minute.
my family

Mexico, MO

#7 Jan 8, 2013
i've stocked up on water and food. i'm more thinking that a earthquake will happen so i wish my prepping was packing.
Yosemite sam

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Jan 8, 2013
Yep. I have a couple boxes packed up for some issues that might happen. Everyone get a wind up flash light. Promise you batteries won't be worth it
Sheriff

Mexico, MO

#9 Jan 8, 2013
I have quite a bit of ammo myself.. Guns, bows, knives.. Not a great deal of food or water but I'm a great hunter and fisher so I feel a bit secure there...
Sheriff

Mexico, MO

#10 Jan 8, 2013
Yosemite sam wrote:
Yep. I have a couple boxes packed up for some issues that might happen. Everyone get a wind up flash light. Promise you batteries won't be worth it
Those are great to have. But if u have kids like I do... It never hurts (although pricey) to invest in a small solar panel that can charge some handheld gaming systems like a ds and psp. That's on my list of things to get lol. Gotta keep kids In good spirit
Yosemite sam

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Jan 8, 2013
Them kids better learn to play with sticks like we did when I was little. Haha
Sheriff

Mexico, MO

#12 Jan 8, 2013
Yosemite sam wrote:
Them kids better learn to play with sticks like we did when I was little. Haha
Hah Ikr!

Florissant, MO

#13 Jan 9, 2013
Yosemite sam wrote:
Wind up flash light?
Yosemite sam

Jackson, MO

#14 Jan 9, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Wind up flash light?
Oh yea. You can get them. Have a little crank on the side. You give it a few turns and it stays lit for a while. Just keep crankin
Best/Worst MRE's

United States

#15 Jan 10, 2013
justknow

Cape Girardeau, MO

#16 Jan 10, 2013
these prepper threads are popping up everywhere. i think its important to note that forums such as these are heavily monitored and used, much like other social networking...to collect information.

tha aside, food and the other obvious necessities will do the job only until they are gone or god forbid... taken.

if things get ugly er msy find ourselves regretting that we took such valuable means of communication as the internet for granted. information and a means of contact with the like minded is very important.

looking into getting liscensed in HAM operation is not a bad idea at all. it can provide very long range independant ways of communicating not only with voice but data etc. more people getting involved in it now would be a very good thing.
Preparing

United States

#17 Jan 11, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
music game (Sep '09) 2 min Vector aka Victor... 10,140
Make a sentence from a 5 letter word (Jul '14) 16 min Vector aka Victor... 3,357
what do you have on? (Jul '14) 16 min Princess Hey 1,446
Megan dodds 47 min Unknown 1
name song titles that start with the letter c (Oct '16) 5 hr Dicky 29
Last Word ~~~First word (Nov '14) 5 hr Dicky 1,559
Docking St. 10 hr Do it 17

Sikeston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sikeston Mortgages